Home The Bridge
Options

Missing nodes - event problem?

The elite and epic versions of missions seem to be missing some of the starred nodes?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »
    The elite and epic versions of missions seem to be missing some of the starred nodes?
    Xanathar wrote: »

Every Expedition Event. Always a problem........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I played normal, elite and epic levels through already and got all the starred nodes. Not quite enough victory points to get the last threshold reward. Epic only gets me 100 VP now. Should I have used a reward doubler every hour like I do in the cadet challenges? Or do the starred nodes reset the next day with a new ticket? Playing an expedition event for the first time btw.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    vickyjona wrote: »
    I played normal, elite and epic levels through already and got all the starred nodes. Not quite enough victory points to get the last threshold reward. Epic only gets me 100 VP now. Should I have used a reward doubler every hour like I do in the cadet challenges? Or do the starred nodes reset the next day with a new ticket? Playing an expedition event for the first time btw.

No close/"cancel" the ticket. Then spend a new ticket to get your crew all refreshed and all the stars back to capture again.

Totally Mario World this thing. Once the stars are gone or are too hard to hit, start the level over again.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    vickyjona wrote: »

Reward doubler does not give double VP. You just waste an ad and get the original VP

e.g. Peace on Earth Epic gives 6100 VP before the ad, and a total of 6100 if I watch an ad. (With smelly Troi)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Also you will be able to start at epic level last mission, the hardest. If you completed all the missions on elite.
    Top down approach works best after 1st ticket.
    Might have to decide to do elite before some of the easier epic to take advantage of event bonus crew.

Remeber the 4 event specific crew will give max VP on star nodes. (If they Crit node)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Also you will be able to start at epic level last mission, the hardest. If you completed all the missions on elite.
    Top down approach works best after 1st ticket.
    Might have to decide to do elite before some of the easier epic to take advantage of event bonus crew.

Remeber the 4 event specific crew will give max VP on star nodes. (If they Crit node)

I saw someone mention this this week. How I do it now........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Right to left, bottom to top.
    Helps that the right most mission can even be completed in a single try.

Get to the right as fast as you can, complete up to epic, then finish up the 2/3 starred normals working your way down, then step left again and repeat.

Event crew can crit the hardest mission, and crit most of the easier ones again as you work your way down. Some can be useful for all 20 tries until exhausted to 0/0/0 skills.
    Unless you exhaust sooner.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    On your 1st ticket, as long as you cleared all stars from the elite mission, on your 2nd ticket you can start with epic mission.

So ideally on your first ticket you want to get all stars at least at elite level. But, you also want to maximize points. So on 1st ticket you usually do not use humbled Archer, Demoralized Sulu, Bridge Officer Troi, and Etana Jol on Normal level. What you do is you use other pilots and versions of crew for a slight bonus to VP on star nodes on normal level. You only complete each mission once so you leave a star or two and go on to the next mission. When you get to last mission, you complete that one so you can go onto elite. Again it is better to reserve your event specific crew for the epic node. So you use the the smaller bonus crew to get all the stars at elite. Now you can do the 4th's mission epic node. Remember use you bonus crew only on star nodes. You want to save them to Crit all the missions star nodes. Use non event bonus crew to do regular nodes. When you get all the star at epic on mission 4. Go back to normal on mission 3 and complete that with small bonus crew for star nodes. Work your way to epic similar to the way you did on mission 4. Once complete, go back and do mission two and mission one. You may find that you can use your higher bonus crew on these two missions on elite again only on star nodes.

Your first ticket is not over until you click cancel attempt. If you have gotten all the stars with your first ticket, you can try to do a few more missions to get the small VP for completing the mission. But eventually you want to get started on your next ticket. If you cannot get all the stars, because it is too difficult get what the stars that you can. Again you may want to get some more VP for completing a mission But again you want to get started on your next ticket.

So once you decide you have gotten all the stars that you can get, cancel attempt and start your second ticket.

Now you want to select epic and start with mission 4. You most likely will want to do mission 3 at epic next, but next you may want to do mission 4 at elite before mission 2 on epic, but do one of those followed by the other, now elite mission 3, epic mission 1, elite mission 2, at this point maybe normal mission 4, followed by elite mission 1, but what you want to do is use your higher bonus crew for all star nodes if you can.

Basically you are doing a top down approach, trying to maximize VP to use the higher bonus crew to clear all star nodes never using them for normal nodes until all star nodes are cleared on all missions at all levels.Again the higher bonus crew are Humbled Archer, Etana Jol, Demora Sulu, and Bridge Officer Troi

Edit: one mission has science node starred. Might want to do that science node on epic with Etana Jol first and use two nonbonus crew for the other sci node, dip node, eng node, and sec node. She does get two trait bonuses so she probably could do it even if tired a couple of times.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    On your 1st ticket, as long as you cleared all stars from the elite mission, on your 2nd ticket you can start with epic mission.
    . . .

Basically you are doing a top down approach, trying to maximize VP to use the higher bonus crew to ckear all star nodes never using the for normal nodes until all star nodes are cleared on all missions at all levels.Again the higher bonus crew are Humbled Archer, Etana Jol, Demora Sulu, and Bridge Officer Troi

This is an exhaustive explanation, and right on point.

The only objection I could find is in doing a mission again with no stars left to gain. You have got to want to sit in front of your screen doing nothing else for inordinate amounts of time to eek out a couple percentage points of VP possible per single ticket just to save a few dilithium to keep from buying a new ticket that will give you 35 times the return in the same amount of time.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @Captain_Who
    I forgot about buying extra ticket with Dil. Definitely the better choice than eeking out extra points when no stars.
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @Shan I complete two "rounds" of expedition this afternoon and everything goes well, but I enter right now and the stars that indicates the nodes with the victory points are gone! In normal, elite and epic. I don't remember what are all the nodes with VP.

39b7t3pa64fi.png

eozcvf4afgrd.png

nrmpmlbzp1y2.png

y3u0o0mhl6ec.png

• Options
    Sorry, my bad. I delete the post