Home Engineering Room
Options

iPad Pro 11" not scaling properly

Description pretty much covers it.

Not using the full gorgeous screen...

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you post a few screenshots please? Thank you!
  • Options
    I didn’t start this thread, but I think I can be helpful. I can’t post screenshots (it says ‘You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links’), but the issue is prominent black bars on each side of the screen (and on the top and bottom, although those are less prominent). Think of watching a youtube video that was shot on a phone in portrait orientation on your widescreen PC monitor - it has large black bars on each side.

In this case, the app is essentially displaying a picture sized for a 9.7-inch screen on the new 11-inch screen. It does not stretch the image out (which is good!), but it also doesn’t scale the image to fit the bigger screen. I hope this description is helpful; I’d be happy to post screenshots if I can get permission to do so.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I didn’t start this thread, but I think I can be helpful. I can’t post screenshots (it says ‘You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links’), but the issue is prominent black bars on each side of the screen (and on the top and bottom, although those are less prominent). Think of watching a youtube video that was shot on a phone in portrait orientation on your widescreen PC monitor - it has large black bars on each side.

In this case, the app is essentially displaying a picture sized for a 9.7-inch screen on the new 11-inch screen. It does not stretch the image out (which is good!), but it also doesn’t scale the image to fit the bigger screen. I hope this description is helpful; I’d be happy to post screenshots if I can get permission to do so.

Thank you very much!
    In a few days you will be able to create your own threads, and post screenshots as well.
    This measure was put in place to deter spammers.

Alternatively you can also provide me with the screenshot by way of private message :)
  • Options
    Here is a screenshot. Notice how there is a black border around the entire game, all sides....

5nbjh6rsnr6d.jpeg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a screenshot. Notice how there is a black border around the entire game, all sides....

5nbjh6rsnr6d.jpeg

Thanks!
  • Options
    Any update on this?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No update at this time.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. Hopefully it’s soon! Can’t put this game down but the black border is distracting!!! :-(
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Shan do you guys at least have it on the radar?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is part of the various UI feedback, yes.
  • Options
    Hit my heart it wasn't in the 7.1 release :smile: High hopes for 7.1.1 :smile: