Home The Bridge
Options

Should DB extend voyage and gauntlet achievements?

S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in The Bridge
Presently they are both solid parts of the game that will continue indefinitely, yet with no achievements after 20,000 gauntlet rounds and 2000 voyage dilemmas.

Should DB extend voyage and gauntlet achievements? 78 votes

Yes, they’re ongoing parts of the game and relevant rewards make them more interesting and well... rewarding!
92%
uss_bonaventure[RotP]Ran AirenAviTrekCaptain_WhoCaptain DurfPaeXo | das411Nad HalFredouJim RaynorLady GaghgaghGrumpfer[TLA]  84wb[DB - Do Better]   Prowlerdext74AuntieACommander Sinclair[10F] Fuzzy MooHungry Dog DDMFinnbar 72 votes
Nope, playing the game is a reward in itself.
2%
Roadrunner {SG-66}DownriverRick 2 votes
Maybe, I can’t decide because my brain is malfunctioning
5%
Agge(10F)GeekgirlQuit GameEchoPapa607 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Yes, they’re ongoing parts of the game and relevant rewards make them more interesting and well... rewarding!
    It’s a no brainer, of course we want rewards, and I made this poll merely in the hope that someone at DB LIKE @Shan can feed this back and do the right thing. Keeping the game interesting for dedicated and long term players is important, and that area is currently atrophied. Over time leveling up etc slows down and rewards become further apart... having something short term to aim for would instill something that is seriously lacking.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 70 views with no votes. The truth probably lies inbetween the two choices you have given us.
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    More consistent rewards within the gauntlet would be a priority I would think 🤔
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not forget that large part of players are newbies and there is constant campaing to bring more new players. If there are too many rewards after already high thresholds those new players will give up on the very start.

Just to give example: I play over two years (as long term mostly as F2P player) and in gauntlet I am at 4306/20000 so Locutus is really far away from me. I play about 15-20 fights per day meaning around two years more to get to Locutus.

If there are more prizes at 30k... 40k... do you really think that would motivate lot of players? What percentage of players already reached Locutus reward?

I agree with this
    Roxton wrote: »

as there is too many empty space between different rewards
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Maybe, I can’t decide because my brain is malfunctioning
    my brain is malfunctioning.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just allow for a tiny percentage that you can get a legendary in voyages.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 70 views with no votes. The truth probably lies inbetween the two choices you have given us.

As per usual, Mr Lincoln speaks for reason, and therefore for me as well.
  • Options
    There can be only one reasonable answer to this question. Yes, DB should do a reasonable thing and add new levels to these achievements.
  • Options
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Do not forget that large part of players are newbies and there is constant campaing to bring more new players. If there are too many rewards after already high thresholds those new players will give up on the very start.

Just to give example: I play over two years (as long term mostly as F2P player) and in gauntlet I am at 4306/20000 so Locutus is really far away from me. I play about 15-20 fights per day meaning around two years more to get to Locutus.

If there are more prizes at 30k... 40k... do you really think that would motivate lot of players? What percentage of players already reached Locutus reward?

I agree with this

I’ve only played for one year and have nearly 20k gauntlet rounds. I sincerely doubt that rewards would scare new players away, that’s ridiculous. A token reward of dilithium, a legendary character, some crew slots etc isn’t gonna isntil fear in anyone. The developers should be careful to keep long term players interested as well as attract new players... rewards will only help that.
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Thanks for your intriguing comment. As Spock would say, “Fascinating”
  • Options
    While they are it, extend the others too, like number of Events played!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add Bartender Guinan in at 25,000 gauntlet rounds, and Caretaker at 30,000 rounds.
  • Options
    They should add Bartender Guinan in at 25,000 gauntlet rounds, and Caretaker at 30,000 rounds.

That sounds great. I got Guinan just before she left gauntlet when I was brand new on the game. I have 6 caretakers and no armus yet, although I win 95% of my gauntlets.

Staggering the previous legendary gauntlet crew for every 10,000 rounds of gauntlet sounds fantastic. Nice idea
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Misleading headline, its achievements, not rewards. Or isn t it?

Achievement extension: YES

Rewards: No. They are totally fine as they are.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Misleading headline, its achievements, not rewards. Or isn t it?

Achievement extension: YES

Rewards: No. They are totally fine as they are.

I do indeed mean achievements. I’ve edited it :)
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Yes, because long term players are all precious customers that should be rewarded. Even the Vip0 watch ads.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

I agree with this

Additional rewards help keep the “endgame” from being stale. Even if we were to assume that new players would be scared off by a long list of achievements - more on this in a bit - I would think DB’s math would have them prefer to keep big-spending veterans rather than someone who is invested so little in the game that some achievements send them elsewhere.

Although I disagree strongly with your overall comment, you have touched on something that does bear further discussion: how additional achievements are constructed, and specifically the Gauntlet rounds achievement. While the other achievements’ levels make sense, the Gauntlet rounds achievement for Locutus is set up so ridiculously high that a high level of dedication is required to reach it in a reasonable amount of time. I consider myself a fairly diligent Gauntlet player; I’ll miss rounds because I am busy with life, but I play every day and have worked hard on a strategy that maximizes the number of rounds (and therefore merit/streak rewards) I play without using refreshes or revives. Having played basically every single day since it was introduced, I’m still only at 16,287 rounds. You’re right that putting Guinan at 30,000 rounds and Banjoman at 40,000 rounds would be demoralizing, although I wouldn’t stop playing because it is a great way to farm merits. As with ranked rewards for events, the Gauntlet achievement is something that needs a little more attention from a planning standpoint. Guinan would make sense at 25,000 rounds, The Caretaker at 30,000, Armus at 35,000, and so on.
  • Options
    Extending achievements rewards players for sticking with the game over time. And I'm not even talking about something just for the whales. Even FtP can look forward to achievements over time.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because they're central, and as mentioned, continuously ongoing parts of the game.

However, they need to fix ranked rewards even more.the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% getting multiple target crew and the top 0.01% getting a single copy is a great de-motivator to play and great lost opportunity to $25 DYC.
    I've personally never played a game with such a stingy reward structure, and every top25 grossing game out there I've seen treats its players better.
  • Options
    land slide vote much. LOL
    kind of an obvious responce thoe
    i dont know who could possibly say no.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of things DB "should" do, but you know;)