Home The Bridge

Best Strategies for Choosing Missions this Faction Event?

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
Normally I find all the 3-seaters and have at it.

This time, ALL the 3-seaters are AND missions. I am one of those who believes the AND issue was resolved, but these missions are still geared for crew with high rates in both skills.

Each faction also has 2 missions with three single skill seats and 1 AND seat.

I do have a very respectable crew.

So here's the question:
Is it mathematically better to run the easier 4-seaters or the harder 3-seaters?

Comments

• FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the 3 seaters fill up faster with success%. ie, its easier to get a higher % with three good crew then the alternative with four even better crew.
    The rewards have not shown any discrimination.

I'm going to be concentrating on KCA missions as much as possible, as my crew needs alcohol.
    (And so do I)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the displayed and percentages are believed they are easier than a single skill since they are high skill plus 1/4 of the lower skill. So the higher percentages of and missions on a shuttle the easier it is all else being equal.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    I find the 3 seaters fill up faster with success%. ie, its easier to get a higher % with three good crew then the alternative with four even better crew.

I'm going to be concentrating on KCA missions as much as possible, as my crew needs alcohol.
    (And so do I)

I'm going Ferengi mostly, to get to Honoured, it at least closer to it. Working on next goal for that. But, alcohol is needed here, too.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • it really depends on your crew.

in the past, i've found that it's still better to run 3 seaters than 4 seaters, but you'd have to try it out with your own crew.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Normally I Prefer the 3 seaters, because if you do have the right crew for them, it does give you a better success rate.

However not really any of the 3 seaters, match The mega for this event well, so if you are relying a lot on her, because you have her and she is a shared, I think some of the 4 seaters are better for this event at least.
  • Well, best strategy is not to live outside US. This way you can avoid extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss during missions opening... :p I love DB so much, so much. They of course claim it's not on their end...
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    This takes 5 minutes and you need to have a reasonable knowledge of your bonus crew ...

1. Open all (8) missions of your fave faction.
    2. Scrap the 5-seater(s) from your options.
    3a. Populate the 3 seater(s) with the best possible crew.
    3b. Write down the names & percentage (without boost) on paper/spreadsheet with associated skills.
    3c. Depopulate.
    4. Do the same for the 4 seaters as above.

5. Now populate your three best 4 seaters (if there is only 1 3 seater) ... starting with the one you want to use your shared crew in (if you are not a Squad Leader) ... if you know your crew you can hold back on good ones for the next shuttle if your quality is already really high in the first shuttle with a proper 3* skill boost ... do the other 2 4-seaters and then the 3 seater with remaining crew.
    While working through the shuttles you may already have IDed some key seats (e.g. ENG&CMD for RAF O'Brien, a DIP&MED for Mutated Paris etc.)

6. Write down who is where and which shuttles you've sent out.
    7. 3 hrs later send out the same shuttles with the same crew.
    8. Rinse and repeat every single time with the same 3* skill boost.

As for the question. ... are 3 or 4 seaters easier? It depends on your crew and if you can get in a good 3* skill boost ... 4 seaters often allow you to hit multiple bonus crew with ease with a boost
  • Case in point:
    1/5 high Roller Sisko: 1116 SEC, 637 CMD, 380 DIP with bonuses.

SEC and DIP node on a 4 node mission: 45%
    SEC and DIP node on a 3 node mission: 58%

So the same character has a higher influence on success rate with less nodes.

Basically, the pts needed to pass the mission are evenly distributed across the nodes.

So if it takes 1,000 pts to succeed a mission, a 3 node mission contributes 333 pts per node, and a 4 node mission contributes 250 pts per node.

it's not a straight sum of points contributed by each node...
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to look at is matching your 3x event crew to best use of their highest AND pair, otherwise you are letting lots of % points go to waste. E.g., Etana only has two missions this event that tap her second highest AND pair, and none that tap her highest. Either of those two 4-seater missions might yield better results than some 3-seaters, depending on your other crew.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Aldude wrote: »
    My strategy is to
    1) log in
    2) do the best I can

I've failed at step 1...

You made my day!

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I open all shuttles for the faction, and then chose based upon event crew and boosters.

I am doing KCA in this event because I need Gagh, when the event is finished I will be using he winning Federation for old film.

In this event I am using the two three-seat shuttles with my 2/4 Angel and the shared 4/4 Angel in the other. The third shuttle uses Etna Jol, and the forth is filled up with bonus crew. I have bonus crew in all seats.

IMO, a four seat shuttle where the booster applies to two crew is better than a three seater with the booster only applying to one.

• FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »

(And so do I)

I seriously did not get enough alcohol.
    And they were not dropping in the game either.
    Intentionally Left Blank