Home Make It So!

Event types needed that Increase Squad Engagement

As the number of different event types increase, we experience less frequent Faction events which are the only events with crew sharing. As the frequent decreases, the importance of squads diminish, which leads to less engagement / interaction of players. It would be nice to see the frequency of Faction events increase or find a way to introduce more bonuses for squad participation ( crew sharing is great but there may be other opportunities that could be explored along side that) into other event types so that events aren’t always played so solo.

Comments

• Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a mini-gauntlet-type of squad vs. squad show-down?

Each squad member selects one crew to share to from a line-up akin to a regular gauntlet, and will face off against opposing squad lineups.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew sharing is great for helping people get a little leg up in Faction events and I think it would be neat if we could also share crew in Expedition events (as rare as they are) and perhaps even Galaxy events (Skirmishes don’t need crew sharing at all). That being said, I wouldn’t necessarily say that fewer Faction events reduces squad interaction. Good squad leaders should be passing along event announcements, helping squad members with questions about crew choices, and maintaining engagement. If the once or twice per month sharing of crew for Faction events is the sole interaction you’re having with your squad, there’s a bigger problem than losing crew sharing opportunities.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not galaxy events. For those you only need a few good crew. It would change dynamics too much. However, I'm very down with a new type where sharing is helpful. A squad gauntlet event would be either amazing or the worst idea ever, depending on how it is made.
  • Crew sharing is great for helping people get a little leg up in Faction events and I think it would be neat if we could also share crew in Expedition events (as rare as they are) and perhaps even Galaxy events (Skirmishes don’t need crew sharing at all). That being said, I wouldn’t necessarily say that fewer Faction events reduces squad interaction. Good squad leaders should be passing along event announcements, helping squad members with questions about crew choices, and maintaining engagement. If the once or twice per month sharing of crew for Faction events is the sole interaction you’re having with your squad, there’s a bigger problem than losing crew sharing opportunities.

The Fleet Admiral should be passing on the info, with follow up by Squad Leaders.