Home The Bridge
Options

Current Rank 1000...

Just like the title says. Thanks in advance for assistance.
“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

Comments

• Options
    Currently rank 1000 is roughly 261,000 points.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rank 200 is about 375. So the spread is probably pretty tight.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    With almost exactly 1 day left...

bhinoa8f9lqr.png
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »

bhinoa8f9lqr.png

And 200 is about 475K, so the ratio is almost exactly the same. This indicates that if people maintain their success rates, they can maintain their rank.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    I'm close to rank 500 and the 50 people around me are within 4k points, so yeah it's tight.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

bhinoa8f9lqr.png

And 200 is about 475K, so the ratio is almost exactly the same. This indicates that if people maintain their success rates, they can maintain their rank.

Yeah, I missed the first 12 hours of the event and have been steadily clawing my way up the table ever since. I just went to sleep for 8 hours and fell like 300+ spots, even with the 9-hour shuttle boosts. Time to get back to work!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

bhinoa8f9lqr.png

Yeah, I missed the first 12 hours of the event and have been steadily clawing my way up the table ever since. I just went to sleep for 8 hours and fell like 300+ spots, even with the 9-hour shuttle boosts. Time to get back to work!

Today I think has been a little weird. I’ve been slower to collect in completed shuttles because of going to a concert but I went from 550ish last night to 967, after collecting a couple of shuttles. I thought I could coast to the finish hut now I am burning 3* time boosts again to keep from falling too far behind.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    After climbing rank last night today has been fairly static. I see my rank slide while my 3 hour shuttles are out. They come back and my rank improves. I send them out again and repeat. I've barely moved up or down.
  • Options
    motjfn3k5h6u.jpeg
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    After climbing rank last night today has been fairly static. I see my rank slide while my 3 hour shuttles are out. They come back and my rank improves. I send them out again and repeat. I've barely moved up or down.

I'm not fluctuating much either, but I've been between 150 and 200 most of the time. I jumped about 25 ranks last time I collected shuttles, but have already dropped a few. When I collect again in the morning, I expect to be essentially where I am now.
    motjfn3k5h6u.jpeg

The difference between 1000 and 200 is still basically the same. The fighting is happening neared 1000, I figure.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have taken a very conservative approach up until now, and it worked as I was limiting the ability of RNGesus to hurt me. I fought all the way up to 1,000 as of this morning, but then lost a lot of ground when I was asleep. I think tonight I will need to switch gears, place more faith in RNGesus, and hope for the best.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    With just over 12 hours to go, I can confirm that rank #1007 has 426,988 points.

Just 7,177 points separate rank #1007 and #1056. I think it's packed pretty tight between about 700-1200 (at least).
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Webberoni wrote: »
    With just over 12 hours to go, I can confirm that rank #1007 has 426,988 points.

Just 7,177 points separate rank #1007 and #1056. I think it's packed pretty tight between about 700-1200 (at least).

Might not be the biggest help, but to level set, 10 minutes later rank 464 has 478976 points, and there's 6259 points difference between 440 and 489.

Two shuttles difference. One doubled shuttle. A few hours of late start not being able to log in. One bad RNG roll away from getting what you worked 96 hours for, and getting scrod.

Let the sniping begin.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Let the sniping begin.
    I'm cleaning and calibrating my scope ;)
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Might not be the biggest help, but to level set, 10 minutes later rank 464 has 478976 points, and there's 6259 points difference between 440 and 489.

Two shuttles difference. One doubled shuttle. A few hours of late start not being able to log in. One bad RNG roll away from getting what you worked 96 hours for, and getting scrod.

Let the sniping begin.

I had dropped to rank #1060 as my shuttles were coming in - 5 shuttles, 2 of which had 2x rewards. With all of them successful, I raked in 28,000 points and jumped approximately 300 spots to #760 (down to #800 just 10 minutes after sending my shuttles back out).

I think it's going to be an intense competition around the #1000 ranking over the next 11 hours!

The most frustrating part is that for anybody who just misses the top-1000, and already has Riker immortalized, every bit of effort beyond clearing thresholds (which I did well before the 3/4 point) is essentially a complete waste.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    231jaokok1i0.png
  • Options
    Just turned in 6 overnighters, 6 for 6 and jumped from 1050 to 500 so less than 3 sets of successful shuttles separate the 500-1000 range.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    As close as I can get to 1,000.
    a14k65d7y7nk.png
  • Options
    480k.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on my overnight shuttle results, there is a separation of only 16K points between rank 512 and rank 389 (531K vp), w/ about 3.5hrs left in the event. So the tight clustering is not only around the 1000 mark. Just FYI.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Current 1,000 mark, 489k VP
  • Options
    I saw someone at 1083 at the event’s end. So, I am guessing that rank 1000 was roughly 520,000 points.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to a post on the STT Discord 1000th was 522,498 VP
  • Options
    Thanks to all who posted.