Home The Bridge

Change to Locutus' level 99 equipment

2»

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm not surprised at all with this change. DB has truly mastered the art of changing rules during the ongoing game. ;)

You keep saying that. What "rule" SPECIFICALLY did they "change" by correcting a mistake?!?!?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I has stated that SPECIFIC rule already in the so hastily closed thread.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    After doing an ENG-DIP round in the gauntlet where Locutus kicked Caretaker in the nuts, I have decided this change is excellent.

I will probably change my mind during the next Faction/Galaxy event where Picard is a bonus crew. Depends on how many Coritcal Node laden beatdowns he delivers between now and the future.

And as someone who has the Caretaker, but not Locutus, I feel exactly the opposite. Changing stats like this -- particularly on one of the top crew in the gauntlet, which is all about competing against other players -- is completely inappropriate.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    After doing an ENG-DIP round in the gauntlet where Locutus kicked Caretaker in the nuts, I have decided this change is excellent.

I will probably change my mind during the next Faction/Galaxy event where Picard is a bonus crew. Depends on how many Coritcal Node laden beatdowns he delivers between now and the future.

And as someone who has the Caretaker, but not Locutus, I feel exactly the opposite. Changing stats like this -- particularly on one of the top crew in the gauntlet, which is all about competing against other players -- is completely inappropriate.

I will respectfully disagree, and I have neither of these crew for reference.

There is no way for people to get Banjo Man. There is a way for people to get Locutus. Logically, it makes sense for game balance/competition/etc to give players a chance to compete with Banjo Man.
    edited January 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »

There is no way for people to get Banjo Man. There is a way for people to get Locutus. Logically, it makes sense for game balance/competition/etc to give players a chance to compete with Banjo Man.

I beg to differ. I'm still few months away from Locutus and through these months I'm gonna have to struggle against even more hard to beat opponent. If this is attempt at balancing the game then it is a poor one.
    Well, I'm not surprised at all with this change. DB has truly mastered the art of changing rules during the ongoing game. ;)

You keep saying that. What "rule" SPECIFICALLY did they "change" by correcting a mistake?!?!?

We've reach the point in the evolution of jg that we as a group must either choose to go full-on counter-trolling, or shun entirely. My gut says counter-trolling would be epic and hilarious, but my experiences tell me to avoid getting smashed by the ban hammer it is probably best if we just ignore jg until jg calms down/has a cookie and contributes something constructive/useful to the community.

Believe me though, I'm RIGHT there with you :)

You're very correct. Logically I should ignore my tendency to comedy. Since comedy seems to not fly here often.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone cares, I leveled commander spock to see what the changes were, and updated the Wiki:

On January 2, 2019 Commander Spock's level 40 equipment was changed from an 3d Chess Set to Identification Code, level 43 equipment was changed from The Teachings of Surak Book to Authorization Code, level 46 equipment was changed from Kal-Toh to Vulcan Lute, level 73 equipment was changed from The Teachings of Surak Book to Authorization Code, level 90 equipment from 3d Chess Set to Radiation Collector, and level 93 equipment from Radiation Collector to Authorization Code

I thank you.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I beg to differ. I'm still few months away from Locutus and through these months I'm gonna have to struggle against even more hard to beat opponent. If this is attempt at balancing the game then it is a poor one.

I had to struggle against people who had Gangster Spock and other early game Gauntlet powerhouses. I still don't have a solid SEC gauntlet crew even though I've been playing for over 32 months. Yet somehow I managed to do it while mostly maintaining a merit-neutral spending strategy with no dilithium spent. Doing 50-60 gauntlet rounds every day isn't tough.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    edited January 2019

I had to struggle against people who had Gangster Spock and other early game Gauntlet powerhouses. I still don't have a solid SEC gauntlet crew even though I've been playing for over 32 months. Yet somehow I managed to do it while mostly maintaining a merit-neutral spending strategy with no dilithium spent. Doing 50-60 gauntlet rounds every day isn't tough.

I meant struggle to beat Locutus, not to check off another batch of Gauntlet rounds. These I can do easily.
  • I'm happy with the change to Locutus. Since he became devalued a bit since other gauntlet heavies came out, now the people who put in the time to 20k matches will have a great gauntlet card. It rewards effort and not just chance.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant struggle to beat Locutus, not to check off another batch of Gauntlet rounds. These I can do easily.

If you come up against Locutus in a DIP/SCI battle, you’re probably going to lose even if you have Surak. This is little different from trying to take on Banjoman in an ENG/SCI battle (even with someone like Mirror La Forge and a 25% crit chance), Armus in COM/SCI (sorry, Yarnek), or Guinan in DIP/MED (unless your Cap’n Bev is rocking a huge crit chance). Redshirt, refresh, or revive and move on. Don’t let one battle ruin your entire merit-farming experience.

That’s what defines a special Gauntlet character - they are the unquestioned best out of all crew in their top skill pairing. These four are also going to be tough in their 1st/3rd and 2nd/3rd skill pairings but can be beaten under the right circumstances. When only one of their skills match - which is going to be most of the time - they are more beatable yet unless you do not have any of the many crew who are simply very good in the Gauntlet.
    edited January 2019

If you come up against Locutus in a DIP/SCI battle, you’re probably going to lose even if you have Surak. This is little different from trying to take on Banjoman in an ENG/SCI battle (even with someone like Mirror La Forge and a 25% crit chance), Armus in COM/SCI (sorry, Yarnek), or Guinan in DIP/MED (unless your Cap’n Bev is rocking a huge crit chance). Redshirt, refresh, or revive and move on. Don’t let one battle ruin your entire merit-farming experience.

That’s what defines a special Gauntlet character - they are the unquestioned best out of all crew in their top skill pairing. These four are also going to be tough in their 1st/3rd and 2nd/3rd skill pairings but can be beaten under the right circumstances. When only one of their skills match - which is going to be most of the time - they are more beatable yet unless you do not have any of the many crew who are simply very good in the Gauntlet.

I own Surak and he was pretty good counter-puncher for Locutus. DB made him less suitable for this task.

I own Surak and he was pretty good counter-puncher for Locutus. DB made him less suitable for this task.

Are you gonna do something about it?
  • Ivanstone wrote: »

Are you gonna do something about it?

I've thought I just did. ;)
  • Amphistaff wrote: »
    3* Stats Standard –– With Starbase (Base) Level 8 DIP, 8 SEC, 7 SCI //Prof Level DIP/SEC/SCI all +6%
    DIP 561 (+399-783) –– 628 (+431-846)
    SEC 566 (+247-492) –– 640 (+269-536)
    SCI 195 (+242-610) –– 218 (+269-677)

Thank you!

If anyone has 4/5 let me know. All other fusions accounted for.

I'm 100 Gauntlet battles away from 4/5. ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming RNGesus eventually accepts the viability of Boothby Replicant, he is every bit Surak's equal...on paper currently, but in theory it should be an even fight.