Home The Bridge

How about a discount on Citations?

Has this ever been done before? I've only been playing the game since March of 2018.

I've got a ton of honor saved up. Imagine Citations half off or even 40% off.

I can see why they wouldn't though. I'm sure they'd get a ton of CS complaints from people who bought citations right before the sale.

Comments

• Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Not at all likely. At least not the 5* citations. Maybe the 4* citations. And no, it hasn't been done before.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sometimes sell citations. Not sure which level or how much......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've sold 5 purple ones for $25 multiple times. Never any other color though.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather see a crew slot sale, but a citation sale would be great. Actually reduce them permanently if you gander over at the honor debt thread would actually be better.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    They've sold 5 purple ones for $25 multiple times. Never any other color though.

I have thus far not bitten on that offer, but I intend to the next time it appears for me. I could use that as a de facto crew slot sale by getting the 4th and final star for 5 crew I've got 3/4, FE to get them into the freezer.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Can t wait for the whining if this ever happens....“....i bought 67 legendary citadations just 1h before the discounted price went live....thats not fair,,,,mimimi....“ ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Can t wait for the whining if this ever happens....“....i bought 67 legendary citadations just 1h before the discounted price went live....thats not fair,,,,mimimi....“ ;)

Lmao
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I'm sure they did 5* citations for cash once.

It was very much a whale sale, rather then a discount, and I'm pretty sure it has never been repeated.
  • OP wasn't talking about citations for cash but discounted HONOR price for citations.
  • Hence the "rather than a discount" bit.

But some may regard paying cash direct, rather than piling it into portal pulls to accrue honour, as something similar to a discount.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they ever do I hope it is communicated well in advance and/or given a sufficient length of time to take advantage of it.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a discount or just lower the prices. 50k is too much for one star to an existing legendary and 45k is really too much for a random begold pull. I never understood why anyone would pay 45k for a random gold when for 5k more they could choose a star for an existing. I have a friend who does the 45k pulls cause he likes the lottery feel of it. I felt the 27k price discount for a random begold was the right amount for it since you are getting random people that you may have zero stars on or not need. But if DB wants to keep the random pull begold close in price to the adding a star to an existing legendary then DB could put random begold at 27k and adding a star to an existing legendary at 30k or 35k.
    Let’s fly!
    Can t wait for the whining if this ever happens....“....i bought 67 legendary citadations just 1h before the discounted price went live....thats not fair,,,,mimimi....“ ;)

Ya gotta throw in something about breaking "rules" no one else has heard of.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    The prices should be lowered permanently for sure. They put too much value on them

And the Honour for a 2* they MIGHT have set a LITTLE high compared to a 1*