Home The Bridge

Demora Sulu Vs. Serious Business (Celestial Temple - Mission 6)

Does anyone know if a Fully Equipped 3/4* Demora Sulu 753 (183-403) can Crit the locked Security/Pilot node (903 to pass) in The Celestial Temple Mission 6 - Epic level?

Comments

• FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I'll precise that Mission 6 is probably "Serious Business". ('I am stupid, didn't see the title)

Did it with a 1* FE Aviator Yar. She has 713 on sec, and iampicard tells me she can crit it 100% of the time. Maybe this will help you.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming 1.3x needed to crit, not on her own. But if there is a trait bonus(which you didn't mention), then she'd be a possible, but probably not guaranteed.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Assuming 1.3x needed to crit, not on her own. But if there is a trait bonus(which you didn't mention), then she'd be a possible, but probably not guaranteed.

"Pilot" I am guessing. Since OP included that in their question, and Aviator Yar can do it. I'll have to look.

I can try my Demora after the Voyage she is on, but she is Immortalized, so data would not help OP
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mine is still 1* lvl 1, I can't test it, but I think it should be fine. If not on the first try, at worst on the second try
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

"Pilot" I am guessing. Since OP included that in their question, and Aviator Yar can do it. I'll have to look.

I can try my Demora after the Voyage she is on, but she is Immortalized, so data would not help OP

Lock and trait bonus are not the same. And the value of the trait bonus is also not a given. This is all available on the wiki. I could look it up, but I'll leave a little homework for the OP to do.
  • I played it with a immortalized one now and even with the lowest possible number for me 987 + 205 she critted it easily.
    Should go with a 3/4 if you roll very high.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a tough node...the only pilot I had that could do it when I went for all of the mission stars was actually my 1/5* Ushaan Archer. As Demora doesn’t have either of the bonus traits, I think even a +50 from having Pilot (if I am reading the wiki page right) wouldn’t be enough avoid needing some luck on her proficiency roll.

Lock and trait bonus are not the same. And the value of the trait bonus is also not a given. This is all available on the wiki. I could look it up, but I'll leave a little homework for the OP to do.

Bonuses on Normal are "Veteran" & "Maverick". I ain't there yet on Epic, are they the same for each Level?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Bonuses on Normal are "Veteran" & "Maverick". I ain't there yet on Epic, are they the same for each Level?

Yeah, they're the same.

OP, assuming it's 1.3x to crit you'd need a bit more. A few starbase bonuses would probably get you through no problem.
  • No trait bonuses that can be added. Pilot is just an unlock. But it sounds like what AviTrek is suggesting is that the Critical Success threshold is +30% of the original 903 to pass number. So that would mean an additional 271. So 903+271=1174 to Crit. Demora's 3* Security Base, including bonuses, would be 753+37(5%) = 790.
    Max proficiency roll of 404+8(2%) = 412. 790+412= 1202

If all assumptions are correct then it seems like a Fully Equiped 3/4* Demora Sulu with a few Star Base bonusses can theoretical Crit Serious Business (CT- M6) on Epic level, but only with a very high roll, within 25 points of max. Does this sound correct?

I'm only trying to figure this out because I really don't want to spend resources on the Demora card. Don't need or want to, especially since I don't have her at 4* and don't have space to keep her around and am unwilling to spend honor on citing her up to 4*. But if she can Crit Serious Business then maybe it's worth it to level her, unlock the node and then just airlock her. Otherwise I have to wait for 3 more copies of Lt. Ash Tyler before I can warp on Serious Business. Or am I just being silly thinking I really need to unlock this node and the warp feature for this mission?

Thanks for everyones thoughts and help.
    Captain
    BIOMECHANIK =)
  • Can anyone else verify the +30%, for Critical Success variable, in this assumption?
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    The iampicard tool can tell you if you have any crew on your roster (and frozen i think) that can crit nodes and their % chance of doing so.
    edited January 2019

Yeah, they're the same.

OP, assuming it's 1.3x to crit you'd need a bit more. A few starbase bonuses would probably get you through no problem.

Thanx. I learn new stuff here every day.

Yeah. My Immortalized Demora with Fleet Starbase Bonuses is 935, with a Roll {am I using the right term?} of 194-427. So, High Roller Demora might be able to do it solid.
    Did we ever find out?

Yeah, they're the same.

Thanx. I learn new stuff here every day.

Yeah. My Immortalized Demora with Fleet Starbase Bonuses is 935, with a Roll {am I using the right term?} of 194-427. So, High Roller Demora might be able to do it solid.

Well, I'll be snookered. She ain't got Security? Thought she did.