Home Engineering Room
Options

I didn't get DYC for Hawk

I pulled one today but the DYC didn't pop up. And no, I didn't currently have another DYC active.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you had one in the last 24 hours?
  • Options
    Yeah. Does that matter? I've had two different DYC in a 24 hour period before. I thought all that mattered was that you could only have one at a time
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool down has always been 24ish hours for me (well since they changed it from 72).
  • Options
    Just the other day I was able to get two DYC in a 24 hour period
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the other day I was able to get two DYC in a 24 hour period

Is it possible you mean you bought two in 24 hours? As an example if one was triggered at 8PM but you bought it at 7AM the next morning (within the 12 hour clock), you could then have another trigger at 8:05PM that day and buy at 8:10PM. which would give you two purchases within 14 hours, but the triggers were still 24 hours apart.

It works pretty much like clockwork for me. If i trigger a dyc at noon eastern, I can't trigger one the next day at 11:59 AM, but can trigger at 12:01 PM.
  • Options
    I'm not sure. I also don't see this outlined anywhere in the game so that's pretty scummy if true
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t remember if DB changed their stance on DYC offers, can anyone enlighten me?

It may still be true that they don’t guarantee a DYC will appear, even when you’re in the clear from the last one.

At one point chances of a DYC were discussed at being 80/90%?
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t remember if DB changed their stance on DYC offers, can anyone enlighten me?

It may still be true that they don’t guarantee a DYC will appear, even when you’re in the clear from the last one.

I track when I trigger them very carefully, and my trigger percentage has been 100% when I'm in the clear of the cooldown timer over the course of 18 months, first at the 72 hour cooldown and now at the 24 hour cooldown.

I believe their official stance is that they don't guarantee one will occur and they don't release the formula since they don't want to have to deal with tickets that arise when people lose track of when they last triggered them.

It's a lot easier to just use the blanket response of we don't guarantee them, than to have to have a customer service interaction that is likely to end with the rep having to do a bunch of research and then have a conversation with the customer saying "you're wrong, you triggered it at this date and time and then drew the gold in question at this date and time within the cooldown" Not exactly a positive experience for customers who probably spend frequently.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

I track when I trigger them very carefully, and my trigger percentage has been 100% when I'm in the clear of the cooldown timer over the course of 18 months, first at the 72 hour cooldown and now at the 24 hour cooldown.

I believe their official stance is that they don't guarantee one will occur and they don't release the formula since they don't want to have to deal with tickets that arise when people lose track of when they last triggered them.

It's a lot easier to just use the blanket response of we don't guarantee them, than to have to have a customer service interaction that is likely to end with the rep having to do a bunch of research and then have a conversation with the customer saying "you're wrong, you triggered it at this date and time and then drew the gold in question at this date and time within the cooldown" Not exactly a positive experience for customers who probably spend frequently.

Yes I agree and its kind of what I was eluding to, but my memory was very fuzzy on the official line on DYC chances.

I seem to remember a percentage being discussed, but that might have been based on player experiences over a short period of time. Changing the cool down time was definitely a thing, so that confuses it all.

I draw parallels with the total quantity of faction event missions. It went from 10 per faction to a variable amount to be announced each time, then to ‘it will vary’ after they got it wrong.

DB have a track record of commitment problems.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure. I also don't see this outlined anywhere in the game so that's pretty scummy if true

They never say anywhere in the game that by getting a legendary crew, you might receive a special offer. Nowhere do they guarantee the appearance of a DYC offer.

You've made an erroneous assumption with no evidence, that doesn't make them scummy.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

They never say anywhere in the game that by getting a legendary crew, you might receive a special offer. Nowhere do they guarantee the appearance of a DYC offer.

You've made an erroneous assumption with no evidence, that doesn't make them scummy.

In fact, I seem to recall Shan specifically stating that DYC is not necessarily guaranteed to show up every time (whether or not you are in the middle of a cooldown period). I know in my first year of playing, I had several Legendaries drop without a DYC offer showing up (and each time was well over a week, minimum, after any previous 5* crew dropped for me). Since that first year, I don't think I've not gotten a DYC offer when I haven't been in a cooldown period, but I still don't think of it as something that I'm guaranteed to get.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Same experience here, when i wasn t in a Cooldown period the DYC offer triggered everytime, except once when DB disabled the feature for a short amount of time, cause of a glitch. And i bought waaaay too many DYCs, there was a time i did twice a week.
    I barely do now anymore, but i still watch whenever it get triggered and the 24h cooldown between works 100% to me.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•