Home Engineering Room
Options

Bad UI changes for most recent update

For some reason the most recent update has made the UI look far uglier all around the game. Things seem almost zoomed in. Crew on the crew screen interfere with the level bar where they didn't before and the general look of everything looks blurrier now. I'm on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and here are a couple samples

7y711rz8882g.jpg
mv2eo4yy5b7f.jpg

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also used to get about 4 or 5 bars of readable achievements per screen and get far less now, furthering the "zoomed" issue

z447r49egjdw.jpg
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even worse yet is this monstrosity of a post battle screen... What the hell is happening here...
    mtqde5quq9s7.jpg
  • Options
    Try to filter the crew by trait and you will have a surprise. It doesn't work anymore.
  • Options
    Still on my huawei p9 lite.
    entsfvfk2ncn.png
    Showing my chrons instead of available cadet tickets
    06160se12mz2.png
    the problem is obvious.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I also used to get about 4 or 5 bars of readable achievements per screen and get far less now, furthering the "zoomed" issue

z447r49egjdw.jpg

That’s how it’s looked on iPhone X and newer for a long time now. Unfortunately I think many of these issues will be ignored.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    entsfvfk2ncn.png
    06160se12mz2.png
    the problem is obvious.

Having that second issue on my Pixel 2 as well.
  • Options
    vd96y3jhopy4.png
    what's going on here?
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    entsfvfk2ncn.png
    06160se12mz2.png
    the problem is obvious.

Having that second issue on my Pixel 2 as well.

Second issue on my S9+ as well...
    5wblgh1layec.jpg
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    vd96y3jhopy4.png
    what's going on here?

I get the same thing on iOS, sorting by the skill doesn’t work.
  • Options
    I am sure that they are waiting until after the next Expedition event to fix crew sorting.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the fact there seems to be a search option.
  • Options
    8vw3iyjl8t0c.png

Crew sorting is broken. It is in reverse alphabetical order instead of by skill. Playing IOS version 7.0.9.
  • Options
    These changes are odd, but seemingly to stay. I disapprove of them, since it makes them more cumbersome (looks like a TOS episode stretched on a 16:9 res screen), confusing (dear God, how many chrons do I have?) and time consuming (having to go back to recheck resources… Also, CHRONS! HOW MANY?!)

To be truthful, I didn't mind the old one's small letters on the shuttle success/failure reward screen, since it had depth. This depth is missing in the crew manifest (it's easier to account 9 people's faces than it is to account 6). Selecting crew for a mission also seems a good change, though, since scrolling down a big list searching for a trait is more confusing than simply typing it away.

Also, big buttons. Too big buttons. Argh.

Related question (wink wink): Could it be possible to let players size their own manifestos with preset, well, sizes?
  • Options
    The user interface with the update is abysmal. The amount of usable data on the screen has gone down significantly. I hope this is a temporary glitch and they fix this soon
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    Where is the captain xp on mission results? No way to tell how much you get anymore.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On an iPhone X , warp 10 completely covered by 2x ad button. 3vud3k36epij.png
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    There is space to the left. At least move the buttons over, please.
  • Options
    You think it looks bad on your small screen devices, trust me, it's even more absurd in Windows on my 28" monitor. Looks like a game from 20 years ago, literally. Everything is WAY too big.
  • Options
    Commander TuckerCommander Tucker ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Came here to say the same thing. It feels way too zoomed in on my android. I'm sure I'll like the new features, but as far as user interface, I much prefer the spread of the prior layout.

ETA: There's no way this is intentional c9dvtaiftd9i.jpg
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The crew quarters page has always looked like the image in the first post on anything other than my iPad. On my iPad I can see three rows (nine total crew members) with just a bit of a fourth row. The Crew interface seems to be just about the only screen designed for tablets in mind. Even Steam and Facebook only show two rows like the screenshot in the first post. It's infuriating.

However, many other page on my tablet seems to have been designed for a tiny screen because there is more empty space than used space. See my screenshots below, all taken from my iPad Air. Notice the difference between UI pages that make use of the whole screen and others that do not but should.

The Good:
    wl6eh7f64al7.png
    -
    6q7x6sgu3asc.png
    -
    di89ocqtdnhw.png

The Ok:
    qxhatxshy0rj.png

The Squished:
    659spk1bhz3k.png
    -
    q3p4tjc4iokh.png
    -
    532rb943bxtf.png

Furthermore, the "Mission Success" page seems to be missing TONS of info that existed prior. But I don't expect any of this fixed. The "Great Squishing" began over a year ago starting with the Inventory screen. We've been asking DB to do something about it all this time and nothing. They don't care one bit.

Crew sorting is broken. It is in reverse alphabetical order instead of by skill. Playing IOS version 7.0.9.

At least yours still shows crew Traits listed on mini-card. Mine doesn't anymore. Just skills, portrait, and name.
  • Options
    vd96y3jhopy4.png
    what's going on here?

I get the same thing on iOS, sorting by the skill doesn’t work.

Not what i'm talking abdout. the crew badge are stretched as h*ll. Why arent the cube badges used here instead?
  • Options
    "Different" doesn't always have to equal "worse".

But in this case - it does. Can we please go back to the old UI? It was far from perfect, but was certainly more useful than the new one.
  • Options
    I can't believe these changes are deliberate - there are too many rendering errors throughout the UI in this (extremely shoddy) release for it to be by design. The resolution of several sections of the UI is just lower than it should be (see helpful above post by <TGE> Darxide) leading to objects overlapping and things being pushed off-screen. These aren't intentional changes - they're bugs. It suggests a serious lack of testing and a release which was rushed out the door before it was ready.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Master Foo wrote: »
    "Different" doesn't always have to equal "worse".

But in this case - it does. Can we please go back to the old UI? It was far from perfect, but was certainly more useful than the new one.

That's been DB's philosophy on UI updates. Every time they mess with the UI they take one step forward, three steps back. Every. Single. Time. They've never gotten it right. And what's worse, they never fix those three steps back. The steps forward are usually really good, though, and that's a shame because it just makes the steps back that much more of an issue.

One more thing I want to throw out there (again) is the search function. It ѕuckѕ. I'm trying to unfreeze my Lore for the event. Guess what happens when I type "Lore" into the search box. It's filled up with anyone with the "expLOREer" trait. That's fun. Here's another exercise in frustration. Try searching for Q.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also laggy beyond belief in the shuttle screen now where it used to be smooth animations all the time
  • Options
    Where is the captain xp? or are we not supposed to get anymore of captain xp?!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

You are still gaining it but it is not displayed. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

You are still gaining it but it is not displayed. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Please, please, pretty please at least give us options to switch between the previous much better resolution and then the one we have now, tossing it in settings so that people can choose would be great... I just desperately need this UI back to 2 days ago status
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Just re-read your OP and noticed you say you're using a Samsung Note. I'm on an S8. I did notice this STT release is the first one which has fully filled the 18.5:9 screen, end to end, without the black sidebars which have always been present.

I suspect the changes in this release to support the wider screens on newer Samsung and other devices haven't been properly applied/tested throughout the game, leading to the resolution and sizing issues we're seeing in specific parts of the UI.
  • Options
    Should we be expecting a response from Disruptor Beam on this, or are we just stuck with a horrible UI for months/years until they revamp it again?