Home Engineering Room

2x reward adds now go to a blank screen

[ISA] Raven[ISA] Raven ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Engineering Room
using an iphone... use the adds for 2x rewards after running a mission.. the video plays... then it jumps to a blank white screen...
no way to exit, except kill the app and restart...

This did work until the "hotfix" now any adds just take you to the blank white screen

i have restarted the app multiple times.. tried in normal missions as well as cadet missions.

iphone 8
os12.1.2

[update] Hard reset of phone and they are working again as designed...

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working fine for me so far (just did one), however the white screen problem you describe is a problem I've had occasionally with some ads for a long time.
  • thanks... seemed strange to "start happening" after the hotfix.
    tried 3 times so far.. differnent Adds.. but all go to white screen.
    "restarting phone next"
  • My 2x Rewards button fires an orange ‘an error has occurred’ window after the ad completes and is closed. Closing this error window leaves the UI unresponsive until the app is exited and reopened. Sounds similar enough to report here.

Definitely occurred Pre-hotfix; not sure if the hotfix has applied to my app yet, but recurred after I got the comms about the hotfix, so probably.

iOS 12.1.2, iPhone 7

(Annoyingly leaves me short a pair of 5* and a pair of 4* components I was getting for final upgrades - c’est la vie.)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    My 2x Rewards button fires an orange ‘an error has occurred’ window after the ad completes and is closed. Closing this error window leaves the UI unresponsive until the app is exited and reopened. Sounds similar enough to report here.

Definitely occurred Pre-hotfix; not sure if the hotfix has applied to my app yet, but recurred after I got the comms about the hotfix, so probably.

iOS 12.1.2, iPhone 7

(Annoyingly leaves me short a pair of 5* and a pair of 4* components I was getting for final upgrades - c’est la vie.)

The hot fix has been applied for everyone, please restart your device like [ISA] Raven and let me know if that has helped. Thank you!
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I’ve now tried a device restart, and replicated the issue afterward. It seems reliably reproducible.

1. Navigate to build menu for an L90 Etana Jol second slot (self sealing stem bolt)
    2. Select right hand (blue, 4x ) component - mission list visible
    3. Select mission ‘Hounded’ (3*’d) - mission options visible
    4. Select ‘Warp 1’ button - mission completes , rewards displayed, orange ‘2x rewards’ button visible
    5. Select ‘2x rewards’ button - ad plays to conclusion
    6. Select ad close button

Expected: mission completion shown with double rewards
    Actual: Orange ‘an error has occurred’ panel displays. 2x rewards not awarded.

On closing panel, mission completion UI seems to overlay Bridge UI (bridge buttons visible at bottom of screen and non-responsive, but ‘Mission complete’ text visible at centre.)

Haven’t repro’d with any other type of 2x ad button so far (e.g. the Dabo
    ad spin button acts as expected)

ETA: doubt it matters, but the drops have included either 4* or 5* variants of that component - losing them as double rewards is a bit of a shame!

2nd edit: Button worked as expected on a different component/build mission - interesting!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still finding ad warps and 2* rewards buggy - quite a few times, even after a recent restart, I get the white screen of death a shame before the update it was almost 100% reliable missed out on 2 extra shuttle boost packs.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO