Home Engineering Room

Saturn isn't supposed to look like this...

I genuinely thought the game designers had intended Saturn to look like this, since I have seen it like this since I started playing & it has been this way since v1.0 of STT. I recently found out through another forum it is not.

k69kyyjqydj3.png
elafgc8dgfvq.png

Do you think it is graphic chip related? The iOS has been updated many times over 3 years, so I do not think it is iOS related, or I would have (likely) heard of this sooner from other players.)

iPad4: Apple A8 CPU/Apple M8 motion (CoPU), Graphics Card PowerVR GX6450
iPhone6s: Apple A9 CPU, Apple M9 motion (CoPU), Graphics Card PowerVR GT7600
Looks the same on both...
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    As per the screenshot I took that I don’t want to go hunting for again, it looks perfectly fine for me (on my iPhone 8).
  • Doesn't look that way on the Windows version.

g2ccwiheyu69.jpg
  • Doesn't look like that on Android either. (Moto e5 Plus, Android 8)

0bu61z6cqgtm.jpg
  • NoneNone ✭✭✭
    I have an iPhone 6s as well and I’m seeing the lines on Saturn too. Might be something to do with that particular phone.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    On iPhone X there are no lines/crazy patterns, but the planet does have a washed out colour.

7oj7vadxgra7.png

1uy8tb9gr8cc.png

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates DB?
  • I've figured out the difference.

One of those shots is when you're in "parking orbit".

The other (less "lush" shot) is when you're battling an opponent in the Arena.

Tried it myself today.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Saturn also is NOT surrounded by a slew of free floating debris/rocks, nor is there a gas cloud nearby. Sure it has lots of moons, but not below the rings - pretty sure that's not even possible (orbital mechanics). I'm not an astrophysicist, but having boulders floating below the rings just doesn't make sense.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • How so? There is no up or down in space.

The debris may not be there in our time but could be there due to Xindi, Klingon or Borg incursions.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my Saturn on the ipad, android it is okay, plus on the android phone the Scimitar works as intended, on my older ipad the ship is fine until you do a battle, then it stays open. The interesting thing is I did the battle on the phone, all good, exited, swiched to ipad, ship is open. Plus it travels open on the ipad now. On the plus side, I get a view of the ship in battle mode whenever I want.
    q2qj3ou92hpf.png
    mukdgfgrdmou.png

Regarding the randoms rocks, they are not orbiting and seem be scattered about randomly. Could be worse cases of bad celestial mechanics, though, right Riddick?
    0mf4ktph65nc.jpeg

• Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ipad is about seven years old, so past its use by date but still ticking.
  • I've just noticed that my ENT-D registry number (upper saucer) disappears when at Saturn.
  • I think that happens with every ship depending on location, I have noticed it on Reliant, Discovery, Shenzou, and probably one or two more. If there is anything reflective in the background or the lighting is a certain way, it washes out the writing on the hull of the ship.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...