Home The Bridge

1 more squadron member slot?

Hate seeing 1 active fleet member sat in a squad with no/little support for events.....wish we had room in squad for a guest or two.......

Is it doable?

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    With the threshold rewards increased extra squad members might be reasonable but as the fleet is maximum of 50 you are restricted to 5 or 10 I think 10 is too much though 7 would be about right I think with perhaps a designated alpha squad of 8. However there is another con and that means an increase number in a squadron means less squad leaders overall getting share points.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • With the threshold rewards increased extra squad members might be reasonable but as the fleet is maximum of 50 you are restricted to 5 or 10 I think 10 is too much though 7 would be about right I think with perhaps a designated alpha squad of 8. However there is another con and that means an increase number in a squadron means less squad leaders overall getting share points.

It just seems to favour larger more established fleets the way it is now and kind of restricts small groups of friends competing together.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that it's always easy to do - with time differences and language barriers and just straight-up obstinance - but re-arranging squads is probably the only solution. Disband select squads and re-assemble with a better balance between them. Just try to make sure everyone understands what you're doing before you do it. You'll probably still end up with a few "squad orphans" afterwards, but those are probably the players that aren't helping much anyway, so...
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most unfair thing is that this would totally unbalance the crew sharing function (which is already leaning towards the squad leaders now).

It used to be with really limited crew that squad members got higher win %'s and the leader had lower win %'s but got the benefit of the points from the squad. Now with events with dozens of event crew, squad leaders get 95% win rates + the shared crew points. This would get waaaaay worse if squad leaders got shared points from 5 members instead of just 4.