Home The Bridge

Changes to Rewards

Just came back to the game and am curious what the reasoning behind changes the rewards tables in events was. Seems like most people are upset with them and they shouldn't have been changed.

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    People clear threshold early and complained that they had nothing to compete for except final rank. It became especially painful if you just missed your rank. So DB added extra threshold rewards. This has caused players to play harder to get those extra thresholds. Players that used to have an easy time making rank are now complaining that all these other players are working harder and forcing them to work harder to maintain what they used to get for less effort.

Yes, DB should also adjust rank rewards given more players, but that's a separate issue.
  • I don't think it is just a "work harder" mentality due to increased thresholds. The plethora of additional offers to allow players to pay their way to higher rankings also is a factor, especially for faction events.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just came back to the game and am curious what the reasoning behind changes the rewards tables in events was. Seems like most people are upset with them and they shouldn't have been changed.

People wanted more in the Thresholds. That added stuff, but kinda got a litte carried away {in my opinion} on the "spread". When there is a second 5* in an Event, for example, they usually sit at 400,000.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

If we're referring to putting next week's legendary in this week's rewards table, I still think it's complete and utter ****, and has caused a lot of unnecessary grief.

Not to mention that any event where they screwed up the bonuses (hey, you mean like, once or twice a month?), you've got a larger number of people who are impacted AND they're out the resources that they spent on the previous event.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    lol you're just salty, the change itself was great.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I respect your opinion, but have to disagree.

What happened to the Good Ole Days where we didn't have to preface things with "I respect your opinion, but ..." or the like. I suppose that things have moved on. I just miss the olde direct approach. Things like "I disagree because. .." or "No, you're an idiot ..". Ahhhh our new PC World.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    SMM wrote: »
    I respect your opinion, but have to disagree.

What happened to the Good Ole Days where we didn't have to preface things with "I respect your opinion, but ..." or the like. I suppose that things have moved on. I just miss the olde direct approach. Things like "I disagree because. .." or "No, you're an idiot ..". Ahhhh our new PC World.

Common decency and being PC aren't exactly the same thing.

This.

https://youtu.be/iy1Grohn1n8

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."