Home Engineering Room
Options

seeing crew i already have on dabo spins

the top tier for crew in the dabo spin the last week i have seen 2 of 3 crew I already have. I this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time the majority of my dabo is crap I don't need either for crew I already have immortal or crew I've never had. As for the three crew slots, most of the times I have the 4's immortal already and sometimes the 5.
  • Options
    zsta2e8b8g5b.png
    Do you have any partially fused crew in your crew quarters? Both Dixon and Commander Kelby are frequently on my Dabo since they are partially fused. B4 was in my top row yesterday. I also don't have Bells Riot Dax. The Dabo code tries to match to your crew quarters and inventory, but it is highly RNG based. I don't need anything in the middle row and can use only 2 of the 4 items in the bottom row today -- the baseball uniform and the far right clothing pattern, which is an outfit for Laas.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Prospero Data yesterday in the top row even though I have him FF...then I remembered that my voyage had a new Prospero Data in the rewards. That, or DaboRNG decided to choose someone I already had immortalized but would be extra helpful in the event.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    the top tier for crew in the dabo spin the last week i have seen 2 of 3 crew I already have. I this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

It is not a glitch and you’re not doing anything wrong.

DB don’t guarantee you’ll see crew or equipment that you need. There is some mechanism to try and offer you some needed stuff, but its effectiveness can vary.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's also influenced by the crew you may have recently collected-and-airlocked from voyages, merit pulls, etc. Ex: if Formal Dress Wesley (already vaulted) is a reward on my just collected voyage, and I immediately airlock him yet again, but then a Dabo refresh happens soon after... there's Wesley on the top row, smiling his goofy grin.

There's a misconception that the phrase "customized to you" means that everything on the Dabo loot table will be something you need. That's just not true. It tries to bias the loot table to stuff you might need, but it's an imperfect mechanism.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's also influenced by the crew you may have recently collected-and-airlocked from voyages, merit pulls, etc. Ex: if Formal Dress Wesley (already vaulted) is a reward on my just collected voyage, and I immediately airlock him yet again, but then a Dabo refresh happens soon after... there's Wesley on the top row, smiling his goofy grin.

There's a misconception that the phrase "customized to you" means that everything on the Dabo loot table will be something you need. That's just not true. It tries to bias the loot table to stuff you might need, but it's an imperfect mechanism.

I've long suspected that as well. The 4*s are more likely to be matched to recently aquired crew, even if they have been dismissed. Same for the bottom row items...they tend to be associated with characters at lower levels, recently aquired and possibly dismissed. While I also often get them for characters that have been long immortalized or that I never had, I suspect that's because the allogithm might break if you don't have any active crew under a certain level or have many immortalized. The 5* might be biased towards newly released crew, but I think it's largly random. It can be someone you have FF, partially fused, or unowned.
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    It is important to wait to play Dabo at least four hours after you airlocked all the crew you don't want. It looks through your discarded crew as well as your crew quarters to decide "what you want". It likes to generate stuff for low-level crew, so if you have any, or recently had any, that's what you'll get. I have noticed that it seems to also look at my ongoing Voyage rewards for useless people as well.
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    Also, Dabo has had the same five sets of schematics since it started years ago. They never add any new schematics, so they're good for replicator fuel and that's it, at least after you've played a month or two.
  • Options
    enigma starlordenigma starlord ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    i don't see crew there I don't have, but have got some good schematics like 5* Borg Cube. Been playing 2-3 months.