Home The Bridge

When did the Dominion take Memory Alpha?

FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking at the galaxy map, wondering where our Borg friends would set up camp and I saw this icon, which I dont think I have obsereved before:
ex654ek5qd9w.png
I do not see anything smilimar elsewheres, even in systems where faction influence is determined by missions.

Anyone else notice this, or am I just slow to discover this?
Intentionally Left Blank

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that and likewise have no idea what it is.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    There are lots I seem to remember. Not a recent thing.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    All your memory belong us
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have no chance to survive, make your time

HA HA HA [HA]
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    *thinking out loud*
    Have the Borg ever faced the Dominion?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    8hofx2r62ar7.jpeg

I had this happen a while ago. There was lightning coming from the animation.
  • When zoomed out on the map, all the major stars seem larger and brighter. I will have to consult old screen grabs to be sure.

Borg are coming!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    8hofx2r62ar7.jpeg

I had this happen a while ago. There was lightning coming from the animation.

I've seen the lightning quite a few times, but can't say when I first saw it...............
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Now I’m getting it at the Gorn homeworld.
  • Now I’m getting it at the Gorn homeworld.

Same. I thought I was going crazy for not noticing it before. It must be new
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    So something is up with Memory Alpha, it is Indeed the Borg centre.

That Dominion icon still boggles my mind though.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm behind on this one, but if the Borg faction center is at Memory Alpha, why is the Borg episode icon sitting on the edge of the galaxy rather than, hmm I dunno, closer to Memory Alpha? Plenty of room over there.

I suspect the Dominion icon on the map is a stand-in for the Borg icon, before the faction went live. Borg and Dominion are adjacent to each other in the faction menu, so maybe it was just an easy thing to code, and just hasn't been updated?