Home The Bridge

If the Borg Faction goes live before the Event...

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in The Bridge
Are you going to start sending Shuttles to build your Cred with the Borg right away, or wait until the Fraction portion of the Event starts Saturday at Noon?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Borg faction will not go live at the daily reset.
    It will be announced once it is live.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    The Borg faction will not go live at the daily reset.
    It will be announced once it is live.

Okay. Thanx.

Can you verify it any of the Items that were previously showing up in Borg Transmissions under "Get Items" was accurate or not?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • If it's a Borg Fraction, then surely a quarter, half hour or three quarter past the hour would be a more appropriate time?
  • furyd wrote: »
    If it's a Borg Fraction, then surely a quarter, half hour or three quarter past the hour would be a more appropriate time?

12:17:31 and 591 nanoseconds
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is YES.
    Once the Borg Faction goes live, I am all in.

Dont care at all that a Federation faction bonus is in effect.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • same upgrading the borg lvl for the faction before the event is the key
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
    Flemming wrote: »
    The answer is YES.
    Once the Borg Faction goes live, I am all in.

Dont care at all that a Federation faction bonus is in effect.
    same upgrading the borg lvl for the faction before the event is the key

Yeah. The maths is simple. Do the Event Winning Faction for 20 Chronies {at best} every 2.5 hours, or a six hour Voyage for 300+ Chronies, and use the best Crew that are free to get what you get from Shuttles. Winner Shuttles gonna get parked in the hanger when Faction goes live.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Does it actually make a difference if the faction has reached Honored Reputation? I've always been under the impression it's tied to how you're doing in the event itself, and that reputation didn't matter.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    robownage wrote: »

Does it actually make a difference if the faction has reached Honored Reputation? I've always been under the impression it's tied to how you're doing in the event itself, and that reputation didn't matter.

No, it makes no difference. What changes are the prices in the Faction Store and what items you can buy there. e.g. until you reach Honored, the right most items will be locked for purchase for you or you might only be able to buy 5 transmissions for 80 Merits.
    Running shuttle missions, during an event for, Factions in which you are not Honored is actually a really good way to quickly boost your reputation with that faction because you can send out a lot of short shuttle missions in succession.

I'll be running Borg non-stop just to get the achievement prize ... a 10x pull. But then it'll be back to a continual loop of Federation, Section 31 and Augment.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

No, it makes no difference. What changes are the prices in the Faction Store and what items you can buy there. e.g. until you reach Honored, the right most items will be locked for purchase for you or you might only be able to buy 5 transmissions for 80 Merits.
    Running shuttle missions, during an event for, Factions in which you are not Honored is actually a really good way to quickly boost your reputation with that faction because you can send out a lot of short shuttle missions in succession.

I'll be running Borg non-stop just to get the achievement prize ... a 10x pull. But then it'll be back to a continual loop of Federation, Section 31 and Augment.

Okay, thanks for confirming that.

Maybe a reminder to everyone that the Faction portion is the second half of the event - so the rush is a little less urgent if you're looking to maximize on your Federation shuttles.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »
    If it's a Borg Fraction, then surely a quarter, half hour or three quarter past the hour would be a more appropriate time?

Jean-Luc Picard: How long a time?
    Data: Zero-point-six-eight seconds, sir. For an android, that is nearly an eternity.

Star Trek First Contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft89Blgzb0k
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg faction is live.
  • Who will be the first one with honored status? lol
  • Did 4 missions but i don't see the progress bar moving.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 4 missions but i don't see the progress bar moving.

I completed just four missions and I am 94% of the way to Hostile from Despised. It’s easier to see the progress when you’re in the faction center screen.
  • Did 4 missions but i don't see the progress bar moving.

I completed just four missions and I am 94% of the way to Hostile from Despised. It’s easier to see the progress when you’re in the faction center screen.

Ok. I didn't check that.
    Thanks.

Ok. I didn't check that.
    Thanks.

The little logos across the top seem to show your total progress, from "Despised" to "Honoured". When you open the Faction itself, it shows your progress to the next relationship.

I think...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. I didn't check that.
    Thanks.

The little logos across the top seem to show your total progress, from "Despised" to "Honoured". When you open the Faction itself, it shows your progress to the next relationship.

I think...

You got it right. Every time it goes back to zero, you go to next level up whatever it is.
    (Eventually you reach honored)
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    This is a prime opportunity to keep the faction at 30 second shuttles for a while. Just fail 2 for every 3 passes.

You still get credit towards honoring from the passes and will get there faster time wise with the 30 second shuttles though it will take more total shuttles.

Plus if the item drops are what leaked think of all the ancient films and holoprograms.

I was going to make a similar comment. Basically, this should allow one to do a bunch of quick Borg faction shuttles, then take a break for 2:30 hours run federaration. Then repeat.

Edit:forgot to add I am doing better than the 14% success rate implies. I believe I am actually getting about a 25% success rate. So sometimes I send 2 14% with 2 99%. Other times I send 3 14% with one 99% success rate.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running Borg shuttles non-stop since it went live. There seems to be no limit to the items one can get from a successful Borg shuttle mission! It is awesome!
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I've been running Borg shuttles non-stop since it went live. There seems to be no limit to the items one can get from a successful Borg shuttle mission! It is awesome!

I have equipped like ten Crew tonight with stuff. Every Shuttle {almost} comes back with at least one yellow or green Star on something.