Home The Bridge

Borg Faction - Thoughts

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
Thanks DB for the new faction! Love the Borg.

Just some thoughts
Great additions of regularly required faction only drops - Case Files, Security Codes, Klingon House Crest, Romulan Encryption Algorithm, Star Empire Icon, IDIC, Ancient Film (YES!), Holoprogram (2x YES!)

Not so sure about the other drops
- Microconnector - Already available in Cardassian and Dominon and not particularly useful
- Powercell - Already available in Klingon Empire and Dominion
- Subprocessor - Already available in Klingon Empire and Bajoran

This is not a complaint at all but perhaps an improvement could be to swap out the microconnector for a database drop?
- Database - Only available in Cardassian and the 2* and 4* versions are in constant need (especially for borg)
- Others with only single faction drops - Casing (Hirogen), Polyalloy (Terran)

Comments

• The odds of getting the items you want though would be rare because there are so many, ill get it up to honored but then just go back to the main factions.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how they handled the faction items - it was a neat approach and makes sense from a story protective.

We'll see what the drop rates look like to see if it makes sense for me to make this my go-to faction, but the potential is definitely there.
  • edited January 2019
    I like how they handled the cost of transmissions. One gets half the usual transmissions for the same merit cost, in return the player gets the chance to win the more useful items.
  • ImoklesImokles ✭✭✭
    The number of transmissions you get is linked to the faction standing. It will become more as your standing improves. I have some others still at "Allied" and get 7 transmissions, for the ones I have at Honored I get 8. I assume it will be the same with the Borg faction.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I like how they handled the cost of transmissions. One gets half the usual transmissions for the same merit cost, in return a player gets the chance to win the more useful items.

You get additional transmissions for each 75 merits as you increase your reputation with each faction up to 8 once honored.

This is the same for the Borg as it was for all other factions.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. It has been a long time since I had anything but "honoured" on all Factions. 👍
  • edited January 2019
    Do you get more reputation points for each successful shuttle the higher you move up (I.e. from despised to honoured) or is it always 5 points for a win?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Do you get more reputation points for each successful shuttle the higher you move up (I.e. from despised to honoured) or is it always 5 points for a win?

I think it moves to 10 at some point, but that isn’t based on reputation but on the difficulty/length of the shuttle.
  • Thanks @Paladin 27
    I was just wondering if it was worth it intentionally failing missions in order to keep the duration down, and whether it would ultimately be a quicker way of reaching honoured status. Downside is it is merit intensive
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The odds of getting the items you want though would be rare because there are so many, ill get it up to honored but then just go back to the main factions.
    robownage wrote: »
    I love how they handled the faction items - it was a neat approach and makes sense from a story protective.

We'll see what the drop rates look like to see if it makes sense for me to make this my go-to faction, but the potential is definitely there.

I got about a dozen Items built and Equipped last night off drops. Easily 75%-80% of returning Shuttles had at least one Item with a Yellow or Green "+" sign........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Thanks @Paladin 27
    I was just wondering if it was worth it intentionally failing missions in order to keep the duration down, and whether it would ultimately be a quicker way of reaching honoured status. Downside is it is merit intensive

If you sit there for a several hours and just do 30 sec shuttles you can probably get there quickly. I’m spreading mine out a little longer to take advantage of the increase in transmissions per merit for each rep level (only changes in faction store once a day at dabo time).
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Thanks @Paladin 27

If you sit there for a several hours and just do 30 sec shuttles you can probably get there quickly. I’m spreading mine out a little longer to take advantage of the increase in transmissions per merit for each rep level (only changes in faction store once a day at dabo time).

Really? Wow, live and learn. Thanks for the info!
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    The 30 second shuttles were only available until you had successes, as soon as you had one successful shuttle, they went up to 2 minutes, then 10 minutes then 30 minutes, 60 and 180.

So you could run 12 (I think) shuttles at 30 seconds, then one of each of the steps up to 3hrs and then it was 3hrs all the time.
    edited January 2019
    garner wrote: »
    The 30 second shuttles were only available until you had successes, as soon as you had one successful shuttle, they went up to 2 minutes, then 10 minutes then 30 minutes, 60 and 180.

So you could run 12 (I think) shuttles at 30 seconds, then one of each of the steps up to 3hrs and then it was 3hrs all the time.

You have to fail 40% of them to stay at 30 seconds. I tend to open 7, send 5 (3 I try to pass and 2 to fail). If I get that exact ratio, I open five more and send five of the 7 again. If one of the 2 fails passes, the I send another 2 fails with the extra ones open.

It’s a bit of a juggling act, so you might want to try something a little easier. Just keep in mind you get 1 point for a success and -1.5 for a fail. If you are at 0 or .5 net points you get a 30 sec shuttle. 1 or 1.5 is 2 minutes and 2 or 2.5 is a 10 minute shuttle.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    garner wrote: »

You have to fail 40% of them to stay at 30 seconds. I tend to open 7, send 5 (3 I try to pass and 2 to fail). If I get that exact ratio, I open five more and send five of the 7 again. If one of the 2 fails passes, the I send another 2 fails with the extra ones open.

It’s a bit of a juggling act, so you might want to try something a little easier. Just keep in mind you get 1 point for a success and -1.5 for a fail. If you are at 0 or .5 net points you get a 30 sec shuttle. 1 or 1.5 is 2 minutes and 2 or 2.5 is a 10 minute shuttle.

Also no negative. So once at zero, more fails mean nothing.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me almost 12 hours and 11k merits to get it to honored.
  • Really great! Hope they add a Borg assimilation feature similar to what is used for Tuvok, Duras Sisters and others to get Borg versions of characters. Of course there lies the difficulty.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    It took me almost 12 hours and 11k merits to get it to honored.

Congrats.

Knew it would take a lot to do, you probably were doing nothing else during that 12 hours. I am only at friendly. But I am doing two accounts, just no down time on one account to be doing other account. I think I have put four hours in so far. But I think I have 16 hours more to go. So maybe I do save a little time in doing two accounts.

Edit:
    I am at allied. My time estimate is wrong. I switched to sending four shuttles 99% success, open three more (30 seconds) wait for the others to complete and complete them, then I send the three at 14% success ( crew without the stat). If any of those three that I want to fail, succeed, I open one more mission for 14% success rate and time boost if return is greater than 2 minutes. I may have to do more for failure ( if I had more than one success on those that I want to fail)

Once I am at 30 seconds again I do 4 at 99% , open three more, do as above.

My time estimate is cut in half this way. Basically it would take ten hours to do my two accounts. Or maybe, 6 hours just to do one account. From lowest to honored.

Edit2: I am not sure what happened. I might of made a mistake and sent 7 99% success rate in a row or all three of my 14% succeeded. But it took me to three hour missions. I ran the 4 three hour missions for failure (no time boost) and concentrated on my other account. When the three hour missions return, I followed my procedure above for return of my three failure missions.

Edit3: I had two of my failure missions succeed and the game gave me three hour missions. That is 6 successes and 1 failure. Looks like you need to go with 8 total four you send for success and open 4 others. Then either send three and wait on those to determine what to do with last open one, or just send four failures,

Funny having two success with my 14% success rate missions is more of a failure when you are trying to stay below three hour missions.

This is strange 6 successes and 1 failure gets you to three hour missions. Totally different with event faction missions.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got Honored status myself:
    do4uaf4ypizb.png
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit honored earlier, but I am still only able to buy transmissions in groups of 7, is this true for the rest of you?
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I hit honored earlier, but I am still only able to buy transmissions in groups of 7, is this true for the rest of you?

You have to wait for the faction store to reset. Should be at dabo time, though paying the 75 dil to refresh early might do it too.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »

You have to wait for the faction store to reset. Should be at dabo time, though paying the 75 dil to refresh early might do it too.

No, it is as you said Dabo reset time. I bought a few times, then at DABO reset it changed to 8.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reached Honoured.

Ten Pull gave me Trader Odo from a straight drop. Leveled up Romulan Warbird and ISS Constellation.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten pull gave me two fully-fused purple beholds, a bunch of honor and a little fuel.

At least it was more honor than fuel.
  • 800 Honour and some fuel.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Finally hit honored this morning as well. 10x pull – just honor and schems. I can't even use schems as repli-fuel anymore as all my crew are leveled! Just waiting for new Kirk I guess...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got honored myself. Picked up a second star on French Q, which is a nice break from all-honor pulls
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got honored myself. Picked up a second star on French Q, which is a nice break from all-honor pulls

"Koo"?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Just finished too... 400 honor and
    qj5nar9usu0w.jpg

I took Crell since I didn't want another 1/5 in my crew.