Home The Bridge

Useless Gauntlet selection

6qd6p3w00j77.png

Look at my recent Gauntlet selections. All Bartender Guinan's.

Anyone had similar selections?

Comments

• I think we pretty much all have had this. It's been complained about on these forums several times.

I've had this with walls of Caretakers/Mirror Picards/Suraks... etc
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    the obvious choice is the second from the right, she's the weakest. :DD
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet walls have been an issue for ages, everyone's going to continue to nab the gauntlet superstars and it will continue to be an issue
  • The annoying thing I find is like the gauntlet I'm in today.

It's medical primary but I had a run when I came up against Mirror Picard almost every time. I did three refreshes and every time it was the same!!!
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have taken to counter-programing the big guns. I skip any gauntlet where one of these beasts is 65%. There just is not point. For "wall" cards I pick someone who is equal or.close on the primary and has a different secondary skill from them for my lineup. Sometimes you can pull an extra win or two from the mismatch. I also just accept I either need to be playing the streaks or ready to dump a lot of merits.
  • Wundigore wrote: »
    I have taken to counter-programing the big guns. I skip any gauntlet where one of these beasts is 65%. There just is not point.

100% right. The only good Guinan gauntlet is a skipped Guinan gauntlet.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do find it slightly amusing that so many people complain about not ever getting the gauntlet legendaries while so many others complain about walls of gauntlet legendaries. Surak and Mirror Picard make sense, since they were available basically for free during mega events. The others? Not so much.

I get annoyed at seeing repeated 65% gauntlets for certain crew (Guinan) but I take the walls in stride whenever I see them - redshirt someone and move onto the next battle. The gauntlet is a merit farm that sometimes drops gear or chrons and very rarely a really good crew member, that’s all.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Walls are made to be broken. The presence or absence of a 65% wall has never impeded me from a top 5 finish or merit farming. It makes streak building a little harder but the odds of getting 15 wins in a row isn't as good as people seem to think it is so I don't really worry about it.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    I have taken to counter-programing the big guns. I skip any gauntlet where one of these beasts is 65%. There just is not point.

100% right. The only good Guinan gauntlet is a skipped Guinan gauntlet.

Unless you got some good Gauntlet Guinans.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • What's hilarious is when you get a wall of Guinan/Picard/Caretaker/Surak/Kahless and spend 50 Merits only to get a refreshed wall of the exact same character. Good times 😒
    eXo | Z•A•P•P