Home The Bridge
Options

Stealth Nerf Voyages?

Talking with friends and fleet mates and it seems like the rewards for voyages are WAY below par. Twelve hour voyages coming back with 1 dilemma purple, no blues, a few greens. 7+hr voyages low on output. 14hr voyage with 4 green, 2 gray, some chrons. This is all just today.

Was there a nerf to voyage probabilities? Why wasn't it in the patch notes? This is something that people spend dilithium on and we should know what we are buying. It is unfair to change the probabilities without indication!

Comments

• Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    it's random as always..
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards are so random, but I do feel like voyages have a 'theme' to the rewards.

My last 3 voyages were all around 9 hours:
    - no purple, < 400 chrons, lots of 2* equipment (ie: databases & clothing) --> equipment
    - 5 purple (only 2 from dilemmas), average chrons & equipment --> crew
    - 1 purple (dilemma), nearly 600 chrons, average equipment --> chrons
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Just randomness. I have a long 46 hour voyage right now coming back 22 purples, 1 blue, 12 green.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recalled a voyage at 8h58m this morning and it has two non-dilemma purples, 39 purple and 15 blue replicator rations, and 737 chrons, among the other usual stuff. Everything seems normal, including the wide range of results from one person to the next.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just randomness. I have a long 46 hour voyage right now coming back 22 purples, 1 blue, 12 green.

That would clear all my length of Voyage objectives.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Nope, I got a 4* from 6 hours yesterday
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last few 6-7 hour voyages have all come back with at least one purple. Sometimes two.

Then today I go on an 11 hour voyage to wrack up lots of chrons to get event tickets, and I get no purples at all.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Just did a 33hr - 10x4s, 5x3s, 10x2, 173k credits, 2350 chrons, 900 honor. One was a Jannar
  • Options
    Voyages hasnt been nerfed, but i do notixe it has moods...very defined moods!!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like any RNG based system, there are streaks. Sometimes you get a number of good rolls your way, sometimes you get a number that all go against you.
  • Options
    in the last 3 weeks, mine have been better.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there are streaks, I have always suspected that you are randomly assigned a voyage profile at the beginning, with a set crew type for the first eight hours, perhaps longer. May be tinfoil hat stuff, perhaps, but it's likely we will never know.
  • Options
    I don't think there has been a nerf, but I do think there are patterns, much like the patterns in the 10x pulls, such as having a crew in the first slot means no behold, etc.

I recently ran a 12hr voyage due to missing the recall three times and using a token because I wanted the copy of Rakal Troi to finish my 3/4. All I got was that 4* at 6hrs, and another 4* at 12hrs. Think the final count was 3 greens and 1 blue on top of them... A very bad showing! Compare that to last week when I recalled a voyage before the 8hr mark with 4 purples!
  • Options
    My rewards have been down lately too but probably just RNG. No 4* crew from dilemmas in last 5 Voyages. Only 1 4* period in last 5, ST IV Scotty just showed up. However the amount of Chrons seems to be better lately
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have noticed that for the last month I get zero or very few purples per week from my standard 8 - 10 hours voyages using 1 extend, compared to my expectations of the previous 3 months. The exception seems to be getting a purple useful for the upcoming event when I do not currently own an event crew. It is hard to say if it is just random luck or some change, but I waited for more than 25 voyages with no purple before I stopped extending.

PS Anyone check if there may be an inverse correlation between voyage success and the number of customer service requests ... :wink: