Home The Bridge

To Prove One's Self Event Rank 1000

13»

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    I finished 1006...2nd time in 2 weeks I just finished outside the top 1000. I used to do well in fractions until all the new extra shuttles and double rewards.

Side note to this, I finished 950 and didn't use a single shuttle requisition or 2X reward boost, I just went balls to the wall in skirmish
  • Just broken the 2000 barrier for the first time (woohoo) been playing for 4 months now. Think it fortunate that I got a behold dropping drone seven the day before the mini mega began. Certainly keeping her active now that she's FFFE.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just broken the 2000 barrier for the first time (woohoo) been playing for 4 months now. Think it fortunate that I got a behold dropping drone seven the day before the mini mega began. Certainly keeping her active now that she's FFFE.

Good work, that is a nice feeling; isnt it?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Just woke up, but the coffee is still trying to do its magic.

I spent an embarrassing amount of dilithium and time boosts to make my final 12 hour charge. During phase 1 my plan was to hit threshold and then coast; we had made @easypeasy our squad leader for this event so my phase 2 plan was to send out shuttles constantly to help Easy maintain rank, but then just have a chill weekend.

But then it was brought to my attention at the start of phase 2 that Braxton was really good, so then plans changed! Rather than merely sending shuttles, I was starting to send strategic shuttles with boosts, etc, hoping to creep up the table. This did not happen, all efforts were merely holding my position around 1,250 or so, so last night at 9:30PM Pacific time I shifted gears and went into warp 8, the results of which brought me right to the edge of the top 1,000 with an hour to go...that is when I had to shift gears AGAIN and go to warp 9.9, burning resources I didn't really have in a COMPLETELY bonkers and unsustainable run to cross and remain inside the top 1,000.

If the player who finished in 1,001st place is f2p, I am sorry. I absolutely paid to win, and you have EVERY right to curse my name!

Thanks everyone for all the final hour banter, it was great and really added to the thrills and the excitement!
  • I spent no dil and only spent 2 shuttle requistions tokens and 3 2x rewards with no time increase...glad i was able to get a gold by not spending any money!!
  • @@ ✭✭
    I was just trying to get a copy of Seven. I usually have to aim two ranks above my target, with shuttles, but this time, I actually got 3 copies. On the one hand, I feel good about doing better than I expected, but on the other, I airlocked 2 copies someone else probably wanted. At least I can use the extra honor.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    @ wrote: »
    I was just trying to get a copy of Seven. I usually have to aim two ranks above my target, with shuttles, but this time, I actually got 3 copies. On the one hand, I feel good about doing better than I expected, but on the other, I airlocked 2 copies someone else probably wanted. At least I can use the extra honor.

You can't think of it that way. I airlocked the four copies of her I won, but that was the only way to get Braxton.
  • TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    I would like to ask DB never to have the Skirmish portion of a hybrid event on days that I have to work 15 hours again. Please hold the Skirmish portion for phase 2.

And yes, I know there are people who work Saturdays and Sundays. Hippie weirdos and college dropouts. Get off my lawn!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I was not a fan of the order here. I was prepared to spend time Sunday to catch up and place under 1k. But I didn't have time to play skirmishes friday/saturday morning and by the time I started phase 2 I was so far behind that trying wasn't worth it. My event activity went down because the skirmish in phase 1 when I didn't have time inflated scores to the point that I couldn't compete in phase 2.
  • I can understand why some people prefer not to do that order (including me), but at least DB is trying to mix it up occasionally for those people on different work/life schedules to feel included.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what is the preference?
    Skirmish/Faction
    Skirmish/Galaxy
    Skirmish both phases

I vote the latter.

(Note I did not offer Skirmish/Expedition cause that would be all kinds of awful.)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    So, what is the preference?
    Skirmish/Faction
    Skirmish/Galaxy
    Skirmish both phases

I vote the latter.

(Note I did not offer Skirmish/Expedition cause that would be all kinds of awful.)

Skirmish expedition isn't so bad. Especially in a mega when you have tons of crew. The points are more inline with a skirmish event, and I got my runs down to less than 10 minutes each.
    But if you're going to pair a skirmish and a faction, the faction needs to be first, and you need 30 shuttles for a proper kickstart. Plus 12 extra hours of shuttle points. And really, shuttles should be worth more than 4k too. The points from the skirmish phase dwarf the points from the faction phase.

I'd also rather have the galaxy phase first in a skirmish/galaxy hybrid.