Home The Bridge
Options

Low Share Points...???

SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in The Bridge
Anyone else with lower than usual points off a “share” for this event? In a full squad, but only have about 1400 points. I am not concerned with the points as they pertain to me, as I like helping out my squad mates, but I am concerned that it might be yet another DB glitch... Just curious if anyone else is experiencing something similar?
“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

Comments

• Options
    Roadrunner {SG-66}Roadrunner {SG-66} ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You stole my post, was just about to open the same thread :smile:

It’s just ridiculous. Never saw that before. 14 hours in...

zo7t97dadh5o.jpeg
  • Options
    93mdncml3e19.png
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I suspect it may be that your squad mates went hard during the skirmish so they could just coast in the faction part.

That very well may be true (the thought crossed my mind prior to posting this thread). I wouldn’t have thought anything of it if I hadn’t talked to several other squad leaders who noticed the same thing.

• Options
    Same here. Might be that they have enough good bonus crew and don't need Drone Seven or they didn't bother doing a kickstart, but at least in my case, I know that they didn't stop playing. Our ranks actually climbed during the second part of the event.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our squad leader @easypeasy reported that we are apparently racking up a lot of shared points. Not sure how many.
  • Options
    5800pt here which is for me quite normal after 16h of shuttle event, not many points gained from the early shuttles
  • Options
    I guess nobody who was going for thresholds and out on this event wasted boosts for a kickstart, so the points were lower in the first 10-12 hours.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Same here. Might be that they have enough good bonus crew and don't need Drone Seven or they didn't bother doing a kickstart, but at least in my case, I know that they didn't stop playing. Our ranks actually climbed during the second part of the event.

^ this, perhaps. Watching my rank trend, I don't think many people are doubling either (I'm coasting). My strategy was get to the rank I wanted then use faction solely to defend. I kickstarted but in hindsight regret doing so, all it bought me was acceleration towards completing the Honored Borg achievement.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    On top of many probably went threshold and out, our fleet is experiencing a higher than expected fail rate with high 90s shuttles, sometimes multiples with the same batch.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorozar wrote: »
    On top of many probably went threshold and out, our fleet is experiencing a higher than expected fail rate with high 90s shuttles, sometimes multiples with the same batch.

Out of curiosity, do you know if they are loading crew in their primary/secondary AND order? There are multiple seats this week where the in-app recommends give radically different results if the AND bug isn't fixed... I know, we can't prove anything with that, but ... curious ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, do you know if they are loading crew in their primary/secondary AND order? There are multiple seats this week where the in-app recommends give radically different results if the AND bug isn't fixed... I know, we can't prove anything with that, but ... curious ...

Was just mentioned in fleet chat that they suspect the bug is back. Going to assume it is for the remainder.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've recieved a fraction of what I usually get, but I assumed my squad just didn't think the fight worth it. They're right. I started behind due to a few reasons, and clawing my way close to 1000 is excruciating. I've been running nonstop boosts and am not there.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Well I didnt bother doing a proper kickstart as it appeared the points lost were not going to make much of an impact on my rank after the skirmish phase. And I have actually gained few positions during faction phase so people really arent pushing anymore.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure many are even doing the faction part. I only dropped 20 spots in 8 hrs of sleep.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely getting VP. Although lower than expected I checked the event scores for my squad mates and suspect a few of them changed their mind about going for top 1K and aren’t really playing very hard this phase.

hcpndn9080sk.png
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Our squad leader @easypeasy reported that we are apparently racking up a lot of shared points. Not sure how many.

13,650 stopped me from dropping rank overnight. Slowly climbed about 10 spaces since then and sitting at 231.

Going nuts in skirmish pays off big time.
  • Options
    It’s just my squad. They’re not usually the most active, but the half faction makes people sluggish on the shuttles sometimes.

y5a86apcq2p4.png
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »
    Well I didnt bother doing a proper kickstart as it appeared the points lost were not going to make much of an impact on my rank after the skirmish phase. And I have actually gained few positions during faction phase so people really arent pushing anymore.

It takes 2 3* boosts to earn an extra 4k once you're at 4k shuttles. Players could easily be behind by 100-200k from the skirmish half. That's 25-50 speed boosts to catch up after using another 11 in a kickstart to get you to 4k quicker. Unless you really want Braxton and have 50+ speedboosts just sitting around, the choice is easy, don't even bother.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Was just mentioned in fleet chat that they suspect the bug is back. Going to assume it is for the remainder.

Seems like it's back to me too. When I slacked off and took the apps percentage rates out of order, 95+% behaved more like 50%. When I went first + last, shuttles succeeded better.
    Sure, small sample size, but not completely insignificant to fail 50% of 97% shuttles multiple times, and DB, well, you know, kind of has a LONG history of this stuff.

On topic, my shared points are pitiful too. But I think a half shuttle event, with fewer shuttles to properly kick start, following an event phase that nets 4x the VP leaves people not playing, not caring, and unable to rack up many points.
    Maybe DB is experimenting, but a faction event for the second half is foolish. Halving the available shuttles is doubly foolish. Why bother when the VP are SO far out of alignment with the other phase, and you don't even get 12 hours of carry over shuttles?
  • Options
    izausome wrote: »
    im in the slacker squad, seems pretty normal for me wzqywg33tjdv.png

Wow that’s some great VP share. I usually don’t even get that much on a full faction.