Home The Bridge

Who can crit x node/y mission?

I used the tool that shall not be named to determine whether any of my crew could crit a particular node and mission. Since that tool is now gone, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do so?

Comments

• It would help to know which node you were having trouble with. If you were just looking for a generic list, https://stt.wiki/wiki/Missions is pretty good, although it will require some digging through and not just instant answers to everything.
  • At least the game has now the option to sort by skill and search for traits so you can see which crew you already have can do that. Doesn't help with crew to be leveled up / gotten somewhere though which IAP did.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep wiki or search in your vault to see which crew u have that have the trait you need for bonus.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pilot Pirx wrote: »
    At least the game has now the option to sort by skill and search for traits so you can see which crew you already have can do that. Doesn't help with crew to be leveled up / gotten somewhere though which IAP did.

I wish I could use that sorting option at home. The tablet won't cooperate.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Leshy wrote: »
    Bit of a shameless plug, but this is pretty much exactly what the Do Not Airlock Checklist does.

It allows you to enter your crew, indicate what missions/nodes you have finished, and it will show you exactly what mission nodes you can crit with the crew you have, and what crew you would need for any remaining nodes. It also gives some recommendations on what crew you need for other aspects of the game, such as collections or voyages.

It's definitely not as slick as the IAP tool and it is just a spreadsheet, so requires some manual entry, but it should do exactly what you're looking for.

I thought that was just a list "Must Keep" Crew. Thanx for the info!!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do what the large majority of players do.
    I look at my list of characters one by one and squint my eyes with a concentrated look on my face while not using a 3rd party app.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add another vote for the wiki. You can figure this out for yourself. What's the point of a game if someone tells you exactly what to do?

You can go to the wiki, go to the mission, see what the locked nodes are and their traits, then click through to see the list of all crew with the required trait, see which of them you have and if they can roll high enough to crit the node.

The feeling of accomplishment of figuring out the answer yourself will be more than worth the extra effort over being told the answer by an app.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    I look at my list of characters one by one and squint my eyes with a concentrated look on my face

Do you look more like this...

hp4lc3td4y92.jpg

...or like this?

yz6u5eevr84m.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I'd rather look like Benedict Cumberbatch, I fear I probably look more like this...
    8sjxid9p8m82.png
  • This thread is nothing more than an excuse to whine about not having IaP. If it was a REAL thread asking a REAL question, the specific mission/node would be included.
  • Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Although I'd rather look like Benedict Cumberbatch, I fear I probably look more like this...
    8sjxid9p8m82.png

Awesome?
  • It would help to know which node you were having trouble with. If you were just looking for a generic list, https://stt.wiki/wiki/Missions is pretty good, although it will require some digging through and not just instant answers to everything.

Thank you and the others who expressed similar comments. I have the do not airlock checklist; I just find it difficult to keep updated.

• This thread is nothing more than an excuse to whine about not having IaP. If it was a REAL thread asking a REAL question, the specific mission/node would be included.

Hey **tsk tsk**, go find another thread to troll.

• USS Dart wrote: »
    This thread is nothing more than an excuse to whine about not having IaP. If it was a REAL thread asking a REAL question, the specific mission/node would be included.

Hey **tsk tsk**, go find another thread to troll.

That should read @zzh0le.

• Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    I look at my list of characters one by one and squint my eyes with a concentrated look on my face while not using a 3rd party app.

This is what I’m doing as well. However, it’s a poor substitute. For example, the only node I have left to complete in the second set of missions is Man With A Plan, the security mission “overcome dukat’s personal guard”. It takes 380 to complete.

I have MASH Odo at 431. He consistently fails to crit that node. I have a cadet node as well that I will not be able to complete without Tasha Yar. I don’t mind this, but there should be a vehicle IN THE GAME to tell you if any of your crew can complete the mission.

This thread is nothing more than an excuse to whine about not having IaP. If it was a REAL thread asking a REAL question, the specific mission/node would be included.

I never used IaP. And I have a Node that gave me trouble today. Of course, most of my best Crew were flying Borg Shuttles or Voyaging. I'll see if I can find it. It was a Mission I was doing to get a Component to Craft an Item.
  • LOL man I love it when they resort to throwing out insults. They do more to prove my point than anything I could ever say.
  • LOL man I love it when they resort to throwing out insults. They do more to prove my point than anything I could ever say.

And I love calling out Dick’s when I see them.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    USS Dart wrote: »
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »

This is what I’m doing as well. However, it’s a poor substitute. For example, the only node I have left to complete in the second set of missions is Man With A Plan, the security mission “overcome dukat’s personal guard”. It takes 380 to complete.

I have MASH Odo at 431. He consistently fails to crit that node. I have a cadet node as well that I will not be able to complete without Tasha Yar. I don’t mind this, but there should be a vehicle IN THE GAME to tell you if any of your crew can complete the mission.

It does ... when you select crew the nodes turn green if you can complete them ... also at the bottom the traits turn green in the traits list if you select crew that have those traits.

Now criting them is a different ... but that takes 30 seconds to look up ... you can either
    1. use in game search in your crew menu ... hint ... type in "Duelist" and check which crew have SEC as a main skill ... hint 2 ... 2* Worf can Crit that node ... and so can 2* Yar.
    2. when selecting crew in the mission you can sort per skill ... so sort per SEC and then scroll down to find someone with "Duelist" on their traits list, voila.
    3. On top of that ... this SEC node is not even locked, so you just throw your best SEC crew at it and pass it (we recently all got Niners Sisko, so if no one else, he'll do).

Finally ... Yar is not specifically needed to crit any node for Cadet Challenges, there are other options for the Thursday SEC node you are probably hinting at (M4) ... think Major Kira and Persis (I used her). The M5 node cannot be unlocked by Yar with certainty (unless you're full on with starbase bonuses), I used Kira and Persis works too.

It is a pity because there are genuinely people on this forum who want to help other players ... see Data1001's excellent suggestion above (heh, something I didn't know you could do for good results) ... and the feeling/bad taste I get from this thread is the OP's name calling or a "yes, but this isn't a perfect solution" comment ...

You know what, IaP wasn't perfect either, which is why I never used it ... I own a Mac and there wasn't a Mac desktop version ... and the web version was Beta, so the time I logged in it went all wonky on me, my game crashed, Safari crashed ... so I never thought of trying it out again.
    Yes, I want a searchable inventory to weed out junk I can never use ... but I can even do that with a bit of effort at the moment.

Ah well.

Can’t say I see that in it. Legitimate question with legit answer: Leshy’s DNA spreadsheet. I miss IAP and am sorry its gone but the DNA spreadsheet is an absolutely outstanding tool developed a good while back by a player no longer in game that Leshy took over and absolutely smashed out of the park with improvements.
    Long live DNA spreadsheet.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”