Home The Bridge

Stranded Quark has entered the Vault

5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in The Bridge
... this morning. Some combination of MED, DIP and ENG.
Accepted. Mark them, Galt.

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    From "The Ascent" I assume
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    From "The Ascent" I assume

Definitely. He will likely have that puffy silver coat on like Stranded Odo.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    He'll probably get the Hero trait.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Looks like no Hero, but he does have Survivalist and Desperate (but no Resourceful). How about Butt-Cold?
    edited January 2019
    and apparently Scoundrel is genetic for him (as well as Merchant)
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    This particular version of Quark needs "Hero"
    No Odo, no Dominion peace treaty... just sayin'
  • 4 or 5*? Seems lame that Quark would be 5* and Odo a 4*
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    5*.

And interesting combination ... I'm tempted to pull for him.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    4 or 5*? Seems lame that Quark would be 5* and Odo a 4*

In the "stranded" theme, Quark being better makes sense since he was the MVP of that climb
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    4 or 5*? Seems lame that Quark would be 5* and Odo a 4*

5* if he is the Featured for this week's Tuesday Pack.

"Survivalists"?

Remember that Quark saved the day in that episode. Which saved Odo. Which led to peace with the Dominion. Which saved the Federation and the Galaxy.............
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a really great combination for a Quark. If the art is good, and I suppose dependent on who else is in the pack, I may be required to make a pull or two.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Quark with Med sounds cool. Tourist Quark goes out on a lot of Voyages to pad my Med right now......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...nice skill combo but I was saving up for Cheesecake Doctor Seven. I think I will continue saving, with the hope that the same skills will be used for both.
    FE/FF level 100 skills: DIP 1169 (302-598), ENG 1033 (103-206), MED 515 (108-222)
    FE 1/5 level 100 skills: DIP 779 (302-598), ENG 605 (103-206), MED 290 (108-222)

Not bad at all.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, I did a pull and ended up with my second star for Torres. Or at least, it WOULD have been my second star for Torres, if I hadn't jettisoned my original copy earlier this week.

Let this be a lesson to you, kids. Never airlock a Legendary. Even the bad ones.
  • Nice Eng/Med. I need to get him
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up taking a shot at this because Prisoner O’Brien was only 3/4*...I must have used up my luck for the week, because I got O’Brien and a surprise behold with a third star for Ushaan Shran. I really should have taken a screenshot, since he was on the left and a second star for Ushaan Archer was immediately to his right. Sorry, everyone.
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Welp, I did a pull and ended up with my second star for Torres. Or at least, it WOULD have been my second star for Torres, if I hadn't jettisoned my original copy earlier this week.

Let this be a lesson to you, kids. Never airlock a Legendary. Even the bad ones.

+1 to this. I tossed Convergence Day Quark because I figured I would never FF him through pack purchases or other surprise rewards. This was before honor came out, of course, and now I am left by the wayside when his 65% gauntlets come by.
    I like the ENG/MED as well - @DScottHewitt my Tourist Quark keeps popping in Voyages too, I've grown quite fond of his ugly little mug.

From quick look at stats rankings, I'd say SQ is nice but not necessary - primary use for Voyages. He has very healthy bases but any of his AND pairs never or hardly show up in Daily or Faction seats, and single skill he'd probably need to be at least 3/5 to make good 2x bonus crew. For bases alone Temporal Chakotay and Leonardo do me just fine.

Voyages, now that's a different story with that sweet DIP/ENG/MED. Could also see him being playable in DIP + (right trait combo) gauntlets, though not a superstar...
  • Snagged him from a pull - had figured my best hope was a second star to Bag of chips O'Brien, but got Quark in the last slot and a 4 star behold (with a choice of 2 usable crew) to boot. Happy!
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
    Tried two pulls, despite having all of the purples already in the freezer. Got Odo and Reed, but did manage to get this beauty of a begold:

5fl7qteqvgkf.png

Went with the Queen, but man I don't think I could've made a wrong choice here.