Home The Bridge
Options

Gangster Kirk Offer

I bit on this one since I have wanted him for a while. He will go nicely with my Gangster Spock.

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably nab him too... He'll be my 3rd star for him
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t even question this purchase. I thought I already had him at 2/5* but it turns out he was 3/5*...and now, 4/5*. Great deal!
  • Options
    5/5 already (one of my few) and he gets regular use on either voyages, shuttles, events (he was a better share than a purple actual event character a couple times). Thinking about starting a second one.
  • Options
    Would love to add a star, but I am totally tapped out.
  • Options
    Gib - Admiral MarinersGib - Admiral Mariners ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have him FFFE as of yesterday. So I get to keep my money.
  • Options
    TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    It’s an excellent deal, but I’ve had him immortal for so long I can’t recall. I’m not hard up for chrons at the moment either, so it’s a pass for me, but a beginning player could do a lot worse.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Prince Bashir still sitting in my inbox I probably really don't need a 1/5 of him ... but ... sorely tempted under the you-can-never-have-too-many-Kirks + insurance-to-make-some-use-of-a-future-meh-Begold philosophy :smile:
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    With Prince Bashir still sitting in my inbox I probably really don't need a 1/5 of him ... but ... sorely tempted under the you-can-never-have-too-many-Kirks + insurance-to-make-some-use-of-a-future-meh-Begold philosophy :smile:

You never got your second Prince Bashir copy?
  • Options
    hrm. some are more obvious buys like Durango troi who's a base sec powerhouse, but gangster kirk's getting to be an old card. Hard to decide if I want to invest for him to be 3/5...
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh pay day is still a way away for me, but man I can’t pass this offer up one of my favourite cards.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrm. some are more obvious buys like Durango troi who's a base sec powerhouse, but gangster kirk's getting to be an old card. Hard to decide if I want to invest for him to be 3/5...

Even at 4/5* and with plenty of other legendaries on my crew, Gangster Kirk is easily my #2 COM-primary/DIP-secondary crew. He’s only behind the Borg Queen in that respect, with a 4/5* Rogue Kai Winn as a distant third (and who never, ever gets used). At 5/5*, his base COM is better than Mirror Picard or T’Kuvma and even his voyage COM score should be third on my crew behind the Queen and Picard.

With the recent suspicion about a renewed AND bug (even if only during the event), having him is real nice...I have nearly as many DIP/COM crew as I do COM/SEC crew but until recently had been using First Goran’Agar as my #2 COM/DIP crew. Not ideal.
  • Options

Even at 4/5* and with plenty of other legendaries on my crew, Gangster Kirk is easily my #2 COM-primary/DIP-secondary crew. He’s only behind the Borg Queen in that respect, with a 4/5* Rogue Kai Winn as a distant third (and who never, ever gets used). At 5/5*, his base COM is better than Mirror Picard or T’Kuvma and even his voyage COM score should be third on my crew behind the Queen and Picard.

With the recent suspicion about a renewed AND bug (even if only during the event), having him is real nice...I have nearly as many DIP/COM crew as I do COM/SEC crew but until recently had been using First Goran’Agar as my #2 COM/DIP crew. Not ideal.

Stop making good arguments. :smile: While packs are more exciting, it's hard to pass up a guaranteed reasonably good legendary for $10, especially with the extra chrons to give me more room to level up the Armus that just dropped for me the week before a fully galaxy event. I was wrong I only have him 1/5 currently, so it'll only make a small difference but he's still the top cmd kirk card for now.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

That reminds me. I checked the bug on an "And" Crew last night. 3* Boost of Primary worked to increase %age. Other side of the "And" 3* Boost did zero %age change........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I'm not up for spending $10 for a Kirk I don't feel like I need...

But $10 for a Wrathful Khan, who arguably should be in the survivalist-themed pack they have out right now? Mmm, yes please....
  • Options

That reminds me. I checked the bug on an "And" Crew last night. 3* Boost of Primary worked to increase %age. Other side of the "And" 3* Boost did zero %age change........

That's not nearly as big a problem as the original AND bug. You just need to pick the other skill boost. The old AND bug before fixing meant crew that should have been much stronger were not. It's much harder to select other bonus crew (if they exist and you have them), than it is to select a different skill boost. I realize this means it's up to a few % shuttle nerf, but to me is a smaller priority bug report than the original.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not nearly as big a problem as the original AND bug. You just need to pick the other skill boost. The old AND bug before fixing meant crew that should have been much stronger were not. It's much harder to select other bonus crew (if they exist and you have them), than it is to select a different skill boost. I realize this means it's up to a few % shuttle nerf, but to me is a smaller priority bug report than the original.

The Boost not increasing the "And" Skill looks like the "And" Skill is not applying.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have him FE at 1* so I had to jump at it.

I am currently building Gangster Spock, so I splurged on the Double offer, cause a lot of the same items overflow.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options

The Boost not increasing the "And" Skill looks like the "And" Skill is not applying.

You can check that theory by checking the next faction event. Compare a shuttle with an AND CMD+DIP let's say, then compare the same crewmember in a DIP only slot (in a shuttle with the same number of slots) and see if the % is the same. Pretty sure that's been checked and confirmed (many times by many people with thorough testing in past threads you might have missed), but feel free to confirm it again.
  • Options
    ddwibjunqe17.jpg
    9wpro73u8dz9.jpg
    They offered the wrong gangster...if they had offered Spock i wouldve bought it in a heartbeat! Oh well...
  • Options
    What about “Gagster Kirk”? I saw this in another chat and got a good chuckle out of it.

dnlgm3huokd8.png
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ironic thing is that I passed on the offer because I decided I didn't need another old 1/5 when I keep.winning the new ones. Then a few minutes ago I got him from the pull after getting the Borg to honored.