Home Ready Room

Which crew can pass troublesome new nodes?

I don’t seem to currently have appropriate crew to clear some of the locked nodes in the newest (Borg-themed) missions. Can y’all suggest some characters I should focus on improving? Or is there a way to look up crew skill values at different levels of fusing (leaving aside starbase and collection bonuses)?

Comments

• I guess I should mention which nodes I’m having trouble with. (Looks sheepish.)

Into the Lion’s Den: Scan Borg -- SCI 1121, locked by Android, Prodigy
    Kicking the Nest: Shoot Out Control Grid -- SEC 1159, locked by Marksman, Desperate
    Bearing Up: Upgrade for Health -- MED 1197, locked by Geneticist, Caregiver
    Bearing Up: Identify Borg Spokesperson -- DIP 1197, locked by Engineered, Cultural Figure
  • AggeAgge ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I think i used:
    1) Dr Richard Daystrom 5/5, Prodigy
    2) Mirror Jadzia Dax 4/4, Desperate
    3) Mirror Beverly Crusher 2/5, Caregiver
    4) Grand Nagus Rom 5/5, Cultural Figure

You can always check the Wiki for detailed Stats on different Levels/Fusions
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dr._Richard_Daystrom as example
    https://stt.wiki Main page
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Naturally, this depends a bit on your staircase/collection bonuses ...

1) Cadet Wesley Crusher 4/4, Prodigy ... apparently he can Crit the node, I haven't done it yet (keep forgetting), but a fleetmate did.
    Probably a 2/5 Leo da Vinci, my 1/5 can't ... or B-4 4/4?

2) Mirror Reed 1/5 or Augment Commander O'Brien 1/5, Marksman ... both can Crit.

3&4 - Chose the other faction.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agge wrote: »
    I think i used:
    1) Dr Richard Daystrom 5/5, Prodigy
    2) Mirror Jadzia Dax 4/4, Desperate
    3) Mirror Beverly Crusher 2/5, Caregiver
    4) Grand Nagus Rom 5/5, Cultural Figure

You can always check the Wiki for detailed Stats on different Levels/Fusions
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dr._Richard_Daystrom as example
    https://stt.wiki Main page

I used the same crew for the last three nodes (albeit with a 3/5* Mirror Bev) but haven’t had any success with my 1/5* Daystrom on Into The Lions Den. At that fusion, he should be able to theoretically clear it but only with a very high roll.

I will try Cadet Wesley once I’ve accumulated some more chrons...he may also need a pretty high roll but is really the only other crew I have that has a chance.
  • Thank you everyone!
    Well, Cadet Wesley has earned his keep (in the freezer)...he did indeed pass the SCI/Prodigy node on Into The Lions Den on Epic.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    For Lions Den Leonardo Da Vinci might do it but at 1/5 will need a good a roll and probably good starbase/collection bonus
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can also confirm cadet Wesley Crusher can crit the node for Into The Lions Den. I got incredibly lucky - on the first go, got a roll of 414 (out of 416).

I don't have to change my signature now. All missions still starred.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Is it just me, or did they change the locked engineering node on epic of ‘Into the Lion’s Den’ to ‘Borg, Jury Rigger’? Niner’s Rom is too weak to pass it so is my Assimilated La Forge at 1/5. Who else can crit it?
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    vickyjona wrote: »
    Is it just me, or did they change the locked engineering node on epic of ‘Into the Lion’s Den’ to ‘Borg, Jury Rigger’? Niner’s Rom is too weak to pass it so is my Assimilated La Forge at 1/5. Who else can crit it?

No don't think it has changed.

Borg: Did you try the free 1/5 Seven in Silver we all got? Should be a breeze with her.
    Jury Rigger: I used a 4/5 RAF O'Brien, but it is understandable that not all players have him.
  • Does anyone know how to unlock the two science nodes in Researching Future History, Episode 7, When Falcons Clash for the Epic mode?

It needs the traits Exoarchaeology, Temporal Agents and Quantum Mechanics.

I don't have any of these crew fully leveled or enough points to pass the nodes.

Enterprise-D Picard or Expedition Vash can't certainly completely finish these nodes.
    I might have done it with Yarnek but neither node is locked by those traits, so anyone who can get at least 844 from their base skill and proficiency roll should be able to clear those nodes. The locked nodes in this mission require ENG (Innovator or Prodigy) and DIP (Vulcan) and may end up being tougher to clear.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be mistaken but I think I used Feezal Phlox for that one.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I used B -4 , Determined Janeway, and High roller Sisko and it worked
  • I just passed Into the Lions Den this weekend after realizing B-4 could pass the node. Thawed B-4 and used Captain Braxton and High Roller Sisko.
    Last one I needed. Now I have finished all the episodes.
  • What about Misson 5 On the verge of destruction in Episode 8 The Killing Game? It requires an Android with 900 skill. Any ideas of who l can use?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Misson 5 On the verge of destruction in Episode 8 The Killing Game? It requires an Android with 900 skill. Any ideas of who l can use?

Which skill is needed? I don't recall. Also, do you have starbase and/or collection bonuses? They can make a big difference. If you need a fleet, check out the fleet page in the forums. Mine (Frank's N Beans) has a few openings, but there are many many there that might fit your needs.
  • All Datas comes in mind and Lore and Lal. There are 4* who can clear it like Lal and Lore , from the Datas you need a 5* .
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    E8M5, according to the DNA sheet both Lore & Lal FFFE can crit at base values it without any bonus.

Including 5* there are possibilities are using Age of Sail Data, Data V, H.M.S. Pinafore Data, Lal, Lore, Mirror Data, Romulan Data, Tempted Data.

Both Lal & Lore can do it in fairly lucky roll ... alot easier with fleet bonus
  • Thanks - Lore worked which I was surprised as I didn't think he had a high enough skill so after a trip to the freezer he's proven his worth!