Home The Bridge

Reinforcements Stamets

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Why is he "Reinforcements"? Is he calling for reinforcements on that communicator? Is he reinforcing someone with that phaser?
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• He was on a rescue team.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I'm not entirely sure where the name comes from. The wiki says he comes from the ep entitled The Butcher's Knife Cares Not For The Lamb's Cry, so I think it's from when he is holding Ripper (the tardigrade creature) at bay with a phaser. When Burnham mentioned that the phaser will only make the creature more angry, Stamets replied, "Think of it as a placebo for my skepticism." So maybe he considered the phaser "reinforcements"?

Edit: Blerg. Fixed a spelling typo. I shall now commit ritual seppuku.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure where the name comes from. The wiki says he comes from the ep entitled The Butcher's Knife Cares Not For The Lamb's Cry, so I think it's from when he is holding Ripper (the tardigrade creature) at bay with a phaser. When Burnham mentioned that the phaser will only make the creature more angry, Stamets replied, "Think of it as a placebo for my sketicism." So maybe he considered the phaser "reinforcements"?

Maybe. That pose is the closest I could match in Season One. However, the Nitpicker in me gotta make Phil proud. The communicator and phaser are in the wrong hands. Main reason I didn't associate it with that scene..........
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

• Maybe. That pose is the closest I could match in Season One. However, the Nitpicker in me gotta make Phil proud. The communicator and phaser are in the wrong hands. Main reason I didn't associate it with that scene..........

never underestimate how db can f something up
  • cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is why he doesn't have the "Innovator" trait. How is he not an innovator?
  • IIRC - the character was added to the game very soon after he first appeared in the show.

My guess is DB didn't really know who he was and are now unable to change the name.

The real question is "Why do we only have one version of him in the game?". He was quite an important character in S1 and would surely warrant a 5* card!