Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage Dilemmas Not working

I hit the 10 hour mark and the dilemna notification popped up. The Icon is blinking with the alert and when I click it all it does is take me to the voyage screen showing me the ship, antimatter, and mission log. The dilemma doesn't trigger. I've tried restarting, waiting on this screen, or playing other missions then going back and no luck. The timer resets back to 10 hours 0 minutes after 2 minutes or so. People on Reddit are saying that it is a platform issue and I may have to recall - which is complete and udder nonsense. How can this happen and why won't DB respond to my customer support emails or provide a fix to this so I don't have to throw away the rewards and recall the issue. What is going to stop my next voyage from having the same problem ?

Comments

• Options
    I am currently having the exact same issue. Voyage at 10 hours, shows dilemma available, but not able to resolve. Haven't sent a ticket in yet, but am going to.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might help, might not, but a fleet mate just had his 20h voyage get stuck, but after restarting about a dozen times it finally got going again.

Another option some folks have had work is I Am Picard if you have a working version.
  • Options
    Biltene wrote: »
    I am currently having the exact same issue. Voyage at 10 hours, shows dilemma available, but not able to resolve. Haven't sent a ticket in yet, but am going to.

They'll just tell you to recall it, and maybe refund the cost for the last refresh. Mine froze at the 2 day mark and that's the response I got. Completely unacceptable imo. But seeing as how they directly benefit from the bug I don't see them fixing this issue any time soon, if at all, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Happened to me too, I reported and was refunded the cost for the last refresh. Better than nothing, at least. Support said it's a known issue and that they are investigating it. I'll take extra care to avoid running out of antimatter until it's fixed.
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue and the same response. Also not very happy especially when you search for comments elsewhere here and find it has been reported for quite a while. It seems like something triggered it again here on the 10 hour voyages.

I do not often get to 10 hours and this time I had the voyage revival token ready to be claimed to get to 12 hours. That would have been 2 chances (10 hours and 12 hours) to get purple voyage drops. Instead now the voyage revival was used in my 7 hour voyage today.
  • Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My next voyage also hung at 10 hours. However this time after a few restarts I finally got the contacting starfleet animation and was able to continue/recall.

If this is a known issue and it can so easily be demonstrated by leaving the voyage for CS to restore, and refund items, why could the policy also not include refunding something for the missed dilemma at 10 hours?
  • Options
    Phantum wrote: »
    My next voyage also hung at 10 hours. However this time after a few restarts I finally got the contacting starfleet animation and was able to continue/recall.

If this is a known issue and it can so easily be demonstrated by leaving the voyage for CS to restore, and refund items, why could the policy also not include refunding something for the missed dilemma at 10 hours?

Right?! In the past they did compensate something for the missed dilemma. When it first happened to me around/over a year ago I asked that. Was told they can't blah blah and I ate all the Dil I was out and took the one refresh. It was just Guinan so I just accepted I wouldn't get her and didn't refresh voyages again. Was beyond annoyed when I seen some say in the thread they got the character from CSR since they had such long voyages that bugged. So they definitely can do it.

Then they added McCoy which is my fav. It's been a year and I had 8k banked so gave it a run. Got to 18hours and it bugged. I did like you and got it going. Then bugged at 20 hours. Nothing would unbug it so ticket gor sent. Got told (roughly as we can't copy paste CSR conversations) what I posted above again. Told em that's not cool and they can keep the voyage rewards that I'd prefer to be made whole again or the character. Was three days since last reply. I opened another ticket to see about what the deal is and it was almost immediately closed and merged with original ticket; by same CSR so know they seen my update replies asking what's going on.

This whole experience, especially as has happened twice now to me at cost, has left very sour taste. I have little hope any of these game breaking bugs will be fixed. They gain from them and that's all that matters it seems lol.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have had this happen a few times. I end up having to recall the voyage. However, when I contact CS about a missed dilemma, in the past they have added some chrons and honor, which are really the two main items I want out of my voyages.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I've also had Dilemmas hang at various hours of the day.

At the moment, I am stuck at the 8 hour mark, but other times, I've had it stuck at different times during the Voyage. It is really irritating to say the least.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, I have seen and as others have reported, the 12-hour mark seems to be the "buggiest".

Last Voyage I hit the 12-hour mark, rather than hanging, there was no dilemma at all, just skipped passed it.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I am picard tool will resolve this....

oh.... wait..... sigh.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last 3 Voyages that I extended all crashed at 12hr. I don’t extend any more.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Not exactly the same problem but i've come across 3 dilemmas in the last coupla days that did follow the expected path, ie. The Beginning of the End of the World *not* providing the expected option at The Voice of the Prophets (option "C" being locked). The other dilemma that was locked twice was The Tools at Hand option "C" despite choosing torpedo development in the previous dilemma.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    FensterFenster ✭✭
    I hit this probably 1/week. I doubt it is client side as even if I log into another device, it also has the same issue. I also seem to hit it most at the 12hr plus mark. I have never encountered under 12 hrs to my. I have tried re boot game, reboot WiFi connection, reboot device with little success.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not exactly the same problem but i've come across 3 dilemmas in the last coupla days that did follow the expected path, ie. The Beginning of the End of the World *not* providing the expected option at The Voice of the Prophets (option "C" being locked). The other dilemma that was locked twice was The Tools at Hand option "C" despite choosing torpedo development in the previous dilemma.

For Beginning of the End of the World I've found that if you restart the game it should give you the option for part C (provided you chose correctly in the first dilemma).
  • Options
    I ran a 64 hour (outbound) voyage that returned yesterday and started seeing this bug randomly at the 12 hour mark. Most but not all dilemmas had the bug starting at that point.

I tried the various fixes above. Force restarting the app or switching devices seemed to work best when it came up.

What I eventually did was to set an alarm to go off about 2 minutes before the next dilemma would trigger. When the alarm went off, I would open the app to the voyage screen and keep the app/device awake until the dilemma triggered. I didn't discover this until the last few dilemmas, but each time that I used this method, I did not encounter the bug. I understand that it's a small data set, but I would encourage everyone running a long voyage to do the following:
    • Arrange the timings so that the next thing the voyage will hit when you need to be away from the game for a while (sleep/real life/whatever) is running out of antimatter instead of hitting a dilemma.
    • Set a timer and have the voyage screen open before the next dilemma triggers to avoid the bug.

I would be interested to hear if this works for others running long voyages.
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet ANOTHER freeze on the 12-hour mark. This is why I don't do extended Voyages anymore. I happened to let this go because I knew I could get to the 12 hour with only 1 refresh. Which I did, and 184AM to spare, so I don't have a problem recalling it, but I do have a problem with it freezing so often! (And not getting the subsequent 12-hour rewards!)

PLEASE FIX THIS DB!!!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Mine always seem to have the proper path from part 2,3 blank eventhough i chose the correct path on part 1.
    ijg67t0oamo9.jpeg
    le7ese8xo48x.png
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Here we go again.....
    jhzobtioajvm.jpeg
    v117n2sj0gcz.png
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    I debated the Vedek yesterday , got my 5th Clown at the 8hr mark .