Home The Bridge
Options

Sort crew by show inside the game?

Hi. Is there an easy way to sort my crew by TV show inside the game itself? So, for example, in preparation for the upcoming DSC mega, I want to view all of my Discovery cards in either the Cryostasis vault, or in the crew page. This is so that I can start to plan who to unfreeze and who else to level up in the upcoming week before the event starts.

If there is no way to do this, that's okay; I'll just have to make (yet another) spreadsheet to manage. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had better start creating that spreadsheet.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be a function of the cryo vault. Have no idea when or why it went away.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    It used to be a function of the cryo vault. Have no idea when or why it went away.

yeah this

You could do a search like TNG or TOS and get relevant crew... not anymore :(
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    kapu wrote: »

yeah this

You could do a search like TNG or TOS and get relevant crew... not anymore :(

The sad thing is, those hidden traits are still on the crew. The IAP app shows them. It would only take a few of lines of code to add it back into the STT app, but QoL issues are a BOTTOM of the pile priority for DB.

Though removing the ability once it was there, I don't understand.
  • Options
    Why did they remove the feature??
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Woghd wrote: »
    Why did they remove the feature??
    Yes, why??

At DB

Edit : explaination given and I agree with their reasoning.
  • Options
    SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, the "searchability by show" function was an experiment that had some bugs and didn't work as designed. It was released by accident. :/

@Captain_Who We do care about quality of life updates, we're constantly making them, but we also have limited amounts of time and only so many people.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, the "searchability by show" function was an experiment that had some bugs and didn't work as designed. It was released by accident. :/

@Captain_Who We do care about quality of life updates, we're constantly making them, but we also have limited amounts of time and only so many people.

If the "searchability by show" function for the most part worked but had bugs, why not just leave it in still? Just thinking that for something like that, better than nothing is still preferred since it's not a game breaking thing if that particular search bugs out
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

If the "searchability by show" function for the most part worked but had bugs, why not just leave it in still? Just thinking that for something like that, better than nothing is still preferred since it's not a game breaking thing if that particular search bugs out

It's not great for the number of support tickets it was generating. Also, we get dinged (rightly so) when we release broken updates, and so it's been placed on the backlog as we had other higher priority work to do at the time.

Couldn't it be "fixed" simply by adding a trait with the show name to each card? Then the existing search feature would work for it.
  • Options
    Only major problem would be characters that appeared on multiple series, Worf, O'Brien, Q, Riker, Spock, Sarek and a few dozen others. A worth while feature for sure, but I could easily see how this could get buggy
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only major problem would be characters that appeared on multiple series, Worf, O'Brien, Q, Riker, Spock, Sarek and a few dozen others. A worth while feature for sure, but I could easily see how this could get buggy

But each instance of a character is either from a specific show or a DB original. Hence Ambassador Sarek (TNG) and Captain Pike (TOS) don't count for Discovery crew despite those characters being in Discovery.
  • Options
    Using my own spreadsheet, I literally just went through my 500 characters and labeled each one by series, I had to check a few of them to confirm the series, some due to obscurity and others due to multiple series. For the most part it was pretty clear cut, but it was odd putting TNG next to Ambassador Spock, when obviously he is much more of TOS series character, but that version of the character obviously only appeared in Reunification (TNG). Pretty sure a coder with 60 minutes to spare could pretty easily tag each character with a simple tag, TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, or DSC.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Using my own spreadsheet, I literally just went through my 500 characters and labeled each one by series, I had to check a few of them to confirm the series, some due to obscurity and others due to multiple series. For the most part it was pretty clear cut, but it was odd putting TNG next to Ambassador Spock, when obviously he is much more of TOS series character, but that version of the character obviously only appeared in Reunification (TNG). Pretty sure a coder with 60 minutes to spare could pretty easily tag each character with a simple tag, TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, or DSC.

The tag is already there, it just doesn't display in the game client, and no longer sorts on it.

DB has, however, labeled Ambassador Spock TOS.

xaq7i1y9ysf3.png