Home The Bridge
Options

Should MERITS be added to voyages?

Should MERITS be added to voyages? 105 votes

Yes
73%
Warrior WilloChief Eud{DD}rickAviTrekSabine of Athens[NDQ] Joker41NAMZombie Squirrel RocpileIvanstoneJim RaynorGeneral McDuckHaBlackNS111111[TLA]  84wbCapt AjammbarrydancerMidspeedHungry Dog DDMBrunt, FCA[S14]SirManiac(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••] 77 votes
No
22%
Captain DurfCommander Sinclair12345678 of 123456789Tcalguest_757423444811776SiblinCaptain ZloggShy Khan[AR-UNI] General Abre[7TW] Attack EyebrowsDavideBooks[G5618] Lutz IferAandraaIshmael MarxMúspell[BAD]Prime LorcaLummelundaBylo BandProontmuwoo 24 votes
What is a merit?
3%
[S47] ELiLSunshineRikerSeven of One Captain SMR 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I said yes, but not sure it would actually change the ending result. About the only thing they could safely replace would be credits. And at the end of the day you can convert both merits and credits to honor from merit and regular pulls, so then its just a question of how many merits replace the credits.

Everything else is actually useful to a large group of players. Chrons, honor, or components which can be useful for galaxies or crew building are useful for everyone. Rations and trainers are essential for players just starting out in their first 3-4 months so you wouldn't wand to pull those either.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! Gawd no! we're already limited by too much crap in there. We don't need to dilute the pool even more and remove even more chrons again.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I like Merits, but I use them to buy crew which become honor. So why add merits when that would take from the honor and crew drops? Unless you are replacing useless credits, I say no, thank you.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I find it interesting that @DavideBooks and I vote the same nearly all the time!

But seriously, just the name alone implies that they are not something that should just be a participation trophy or some random object scooped up in a bussard collector. And yes, I say this knowing that "honor" is also something that can be found on voyages, to which I will reply that that has never made sense either.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like Merits, but I use them to buy crew which become honor. So why add merits when that would take from the honor and crew drops? Unless you are replacing useless credits, I say no, thank you.

I'm a provisional "YES" if it were to be done like that. Turn each 💯 Creds into like 25 Merits.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Merits to replace trainers once six hour dilemma is reached. I would think once you can reach six hours, trainers are not an issue.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yes
    Merits is a quirky thing - converting it to honor you'd need 725 for the merit pull and although you can be unlucky getting 3 greys, on average you should get about 175 honor as a return, if I remember correctly. So if it is inclusion to the current pool of Items then I would hope a similar return per voyage say 6hr+ (i'm averaging 8hr+), as the status quo would roughly be maintained or slightly better. However if it was in addition something on top then that of course would be more favorable.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes & ADDED... Not replacing something else
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

Remember that anything added will dilute other drops. Add merits and you get fewer chronitons, fewer replicator rations, and less honor. They certainly wouldn't reduce the drops of useless items and useless credits.
  • Options
    No
    Plenty of ways to earn merits. There are other more important things needed to add to Voyage drops.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Captain ZloggCaptain Zlogg ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    No
    No - Merits are easy to get. I would vote for more Chronitons if anything.
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And ditch the low level trainers
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    No
    If you add them to voyages then there would be no reason for me to play gauntlet. I think the game is more interesting if you have to do more diverse things to get different currencies.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I originally said yes, but other points made here by some made me think I'd change that vote to no... All merits are really good for is those 3 pulls (which, let's face it, usually **tsk tsk**) that give a small amount of honor... so if we're talking merits are nerfing honor OR chrons to be introduced then NO

If they're being added where you get like 5 merits per dilemma ON TOP of everything else then sure
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yateball wrote: »
    I originally said yes, but other points made here by some made me think I'd change that vote to no... All merits are really good for is those 3 pulls (which, let's face it, usually **tsk tsk**) that give a small amount of honor... so if we're talking merits are nerfing honor OR chrons to be introduced then NO

If they're being added where you get like 5 merits per dilemma ON TOP of everything else then sure

Adding a few as a bonus to dilemmas would be a great idea, as long as nothing else is removed.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yes

Remember that anything added will dilute other drops. Add merits and you get fewer chronitons, fewer replicator rations, and less honor. They certainly wouldn't reduce the drops of useless items and useless credits.

It depends on your point of view though you are taking it as addition - of the possibility of receiving it. Where as I am taking it as receiving it in addition to what you already get on a voyage. There is a significant difference between the two if it's the former then it's clearly a no but if it's the latter then it's totally a yes.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It depends on your point of view though you are taking it as addition - of the possibility of receiving it. Where as I am taking it as receiving it in addition to what you already get on a voyage. There is a significant difference between the two if it's the former then it's clearly a no but if it's the latter then it's totally a yes.

But there are only so many opportunities for something to drop. If merits are added to the pool of potential drops, it necessarily dilutes the chances of getting any specific thing (like honor, chrons, or 4* crew). I would replace credits with merits entirely, as there are plenty of ways to obtain credits in larger quantities than you get from voyages.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    No
    For the "replace credits wth merits because honor" crowd...

725 merits = 150 honor (on average) via merit pulls
    270,000 credits = 150 honor (on average) via 2* portal pulls
    (Someone is welcome to correct me about the actual "average" rate of return, but I'm really just making a conceptual point here.)

It would obviously depend on the replacement rate of merits vs credits, but to my eye, this is not much different as it stands.

Portal pulls - - > you also get a bunch of low level items, some of which are used in galaxy recipes. Merit pulls don't do that.

Credits = replication of 4*/5* items = quicker/easier crew leveling. Merits can't help with that.

• Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem is dilution. Any addition to voyage reward tables makes everything, including the added item, less likely to drop.

And don't forget, you don't want DB touching the loot tables on anything. Ever.
    Every time loot tables are touched, they're nerfed. So you're asking for a double nerf here. First the nerf by dilution, then the nerf by design when they re-open the tables.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I would like it if they added merits to voyages but only if they replaced one of the other drops so it didn’t delete anything. Or maybe make them an addition. Currently you get Chronitons, honor and a crew when you hit a dilemma. Just add merits to the dilemma drops
  • Options
    Yes
    I would like it if they added merits to voyages but only if they replaced one of the other drops so it didn’t delete anything. Or maybe make them an addition. Currently you get Chronitons, honor and a crew when you hit a dilemma. Just add merits to the dilemma drops

Like that idea.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Yes
    (which, let's face it, usually **tsk tsk**) that give a small amount of honor...

And then they give you a gem, like today...
    10iudnkybj1a.jpg
    4th star for Janie, and it was the 2nd gold recieved from a merit pull in under 2 weeks...merit pulls are very...interesting to say the least
  • Options
    Yes
    (which, let's face it, usually **tsk tsk**) that give a small amount of honor...

And then they give you a gem, like today...
    10iudnkybj1a.jpg
    4th star for Janie, and it was the 2nd gold recieved from a merit pull in under 2 weeks...merit pulls are very...interesting to say the least

Torchbearer Rejak made me drop my tablet.
  • Options
    Yes
    I say yes, but they should NOT replace other drops. Maybe drop 25 with the 4 hour dilemma, then 50 with the 6 hour, 75 at the 10 hour and 100 every dilemma after that. The reason I skip the 8 hour one is to reward people that extend to the 10 hour mark. For the record I can reach about 8 hours in about half my voyages so I would be affected by the 8 hour dilemma not dropping merits.
  • Options
    Yes
    I have said we need other ways to obtain merits. But not at the expence of other drops. “Add” does not mean “replace”.

If you want to replace anything, credits should be done away with all together. You spend chrons...to run missions...to obtain components..to build items. Then we are charged again with credits to build the item. Its triple charging. Chrons/components/credits. All needed for one item.
    There are too many types of currency.
  • Options
    Yes

this was my line of thinking adding it to the dilemmas perhaps gradual increase to 8hrs then it is capped at a particular amount per dilemma.