Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cloak is a cloak
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    A cloak is a cloak

Thanx. Why they gotta have different buttons for the same thing? Boarding Party has at least two different ones, too.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    We're going about this all wrong, Kol vs Kortar is clearly a fashion battle. Kortar's rocking the classic grey tunic with a belt buckle you kinda want to pop like it's made from bubble wrap (don't quote me on this but I think the TOS ones were), in the back of your mind you know the outfit isn't so much from the heart as just that Voyager couldn't be bothered making a new outfit so they just gave him the same as every other damn Klingon, but he's the first Klingon so technically all the others are copying him. Maybe he's born with it, maybe it's Mauk-to'Vor. Kol's new, he's got something to prove - he's all decked out in gold, you kind of feel like he really wants this to be a musical, and he's been watching makeup tutorials on youtube and got his facepaint made from the blood of his enemies just right, because the honour of his house is worth it. Tough call.

It WAS bubble wrap per several "Making of..." books.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Drone_one wrote: »
    He has 400% immediate damage (cloak trigger). Combined with Killy, he will be a beast in the arena. Perhaps even skirmishes, though I will have to move away from the Borg cube if I want to use him.

Maybe he is fine at 4/5 (and no need for citation), but at least he wont be a waste of crew space like Minuet. And to be honest, I dont mind a second copy of Kortar. He still makes it on most of my voyages.

Im confused by cloak trigger, Maybe Im still a noob, does that mean he has the ability to trigger the ships cloak? and how lol

or it cancels the opponents cloak?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    He has 400% immediate damage (cloak trigger). Combined with Killy, he will be a beast in the arena. Perhaps even skirmishes, though I will have to move away from the Borg cube if I want to use him.

Maybe he is fine at 4/5 (and no need for citation), but at least he wont be a waste of crew space like Minuet. And to be honest, I dont mind a second copy of Kortar. He still makes it on most of my voyages.

Im confused by cloak trigger, Maybe Im still a noob, does that mean he has the ability to trigger the ships cloak? and how lol

It means you use the ships cloak ability and while the ship is cloaked you activate the toons ship ability.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

It means you use the ships cloak ability and while the ship is cloaked you activate the toons ship ability.

ahh so the ability only works when the ship is cloaked?
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Also kind of confused by the logic of, have kortar FF, so I won't FF or cite Kol? well if they are both similar, and Kol is slightly better voyage wise, why wouldn't you? Its like having two kortars stat wise. Unless you guys really enjoy waiting for it to be dropped into portals. Personally I'm not waiting.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have a 5/5 Kortar and I immediately added a star to my Kol I got today. At 5/5 Kol has very good security and any recurring event legendary with three skills is worth the honor for the extra star. If we assume two Discovery mega events a year that is 8 weeks of Kol being bonus. Then add another 2 weeks where all klingons give bonus for an event as we do have weeks where all of one alien group give bonus. Then you have 10 weeks of bonus. If there is instead another klingon mega event month then that is 4 weeks and 12 weeks of bonus. At the least you get 8 weeks of Kol bonus and could get as many as 12. So Kol will give bonus anywhere from 15-23% of all events this year and every year that Discovery continues. That is really good. Then add in his strong security and he is definitely worth an extra star regardless of whether you have Kortar or not.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also kind of confused by the logic of, have kortar FF, so I won't FF or cite Kol? well if they are both similar, and Kol is slightly better voyage wise, why wouldn't you? Its like having two kortars stat wise. Unless you guys really enjoy waiting for it to be dropped into portals. Personally I'm not waiting.

The incremental value of getting Kol from 4/5* to 5/5* isn’t worth a citation to some of us. Not for voyages, not for events. Security and command are far and away my strongest skills. I’ve listed the next 15-20 crew I need to cite, and at the rate honor drops it’s going to be a looong time before I need to add anyone to the list unless there are any lucky pickups of amazing crew.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hmm this thread has left me in a quandary now LOL.
    I'm still about 9k short of the citation misjudged it a bit but at least i immortalised the Caretaker.
    My next best option of non portals progress wise is a 3/5 Pinafore Data - He ranks lower than Kol on voyages, but he and Ru'Afo would kind of Rule the roost in Engineering I guess and with the Caretaker already immortalised and Jol I pretty much would be covered for engineering.
    However I have a lot of other good non portal options but they are all 1/5; Braxton, Hawk, Sisko, L'Rell, Five of Twelve and Rev Phlox all rank higher than Kol but progress wise they will not be in the same league.
    Not sure what to do now.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I'm still about 9k short of the citation misjudged it a bit but at least i immortalised the Caretaker.
    My next best option of non portals progress wise is a 3/5 Pinafore Data - He ranks lower than Kol on voyages, but he and Ru'Afo would kind of Rule the roost in Engineering I guess and with the Caretaker already immortalised and Jol I pretty much would be covered for engineering.
    However I have a lot of other good non portal options but they are all 1/5; Braxton, Hawk, Sisko, L'Rell, Five of Twelve and Rev Phlox all rank higher than Kol but progress wise they will not be in the same league.
    Not sure what to do now.
    I would advise either Kol or Pinafore Data. Taking a 1/5 to a 2/5 does much less than taking a 4/5 to 5/5 or a 3/5 to 4/5. Depends on what you have and what you need. Do you have other strong command/security people? Do you need Kol's extra star to help you in this month long event? Do you need Pinafore Data's command/engineering combo? How much honor a week do you earn?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Not sure what to do now.
    I would advise either Kol or Pinafore Data. Taking a 1/5 to a 2/5 does much less than taking a 4/5 to 5/5 or a 3/5 to 4/5. Depends on what you have and what you need. Do you have other strong command/security people? Do you need Kol's extra star to help you in this month long event? Do you need Pinafore Data's command/engineering combo? How much honor a week do you earn?

Well SEC COM is generally fine although it is a wide array of 1/5s propping that up and immortal M Picard. There was an argument for Rev Phlox a while back but again he is 1/5. I guess Kol would become my best SEC base but I do have Durango Troi at 2/5 - Perhaps 3/5 would make her strong enough to be viable (though she is in portal). I think I average about 2k honor a day maybe some days a bit less. Basically I picked up about 40k honor from about the tail end of the last skirmish event till now.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Not sure what to do now.

Well SEC COM is generally fine although it is a wide array of 1/5s propping that up and immortal M Picard. There was an argument for Rev Phlox a while back but again he is 1/5. I guess Kol would become my best SEC base but I do have Durango Troi at 2/5 - Perhaps 3/5 would make her strong enough to be viable (though she is in portal). I think I average about 2k honor a day maybe some days a bit less. Basically I picked up about 40k honor from about the tail end of the last skirmish event till now.

40k over that period is approx. what I got ... 14.01 I had 7,989 Honor ... and right now I have 10,222 and got a citation Thursday morning.

If you do not cite Kol this weekend then, as has been mentioned in this thread, his use for the coming weeks is limited.
    Ideally, you would want to have him cited before the last event begins if you want to still spend a citation on him ... that is a Faction/Galaxy event so he'll be good during the Faction phase for sure ... but you're most likely to pick up more points during the Galaxy phase if you really want to try for top spots ... so, maybe a 4/5 is enough.

As for who to spend your citation on ... a difficult decision ... I deliberately didn't add a 5th star to RAF O'Brien and went wil Kol instead because I really need SEC help. I'll get back to O'Brien later this month ... I might start a new project if I were in your shoes.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    So, is Kol's Bonus Ability even usable in the Arena? None of my 5* Ships even have the Trigger for it.

You have no 5* ship with cloak? Bounty, T'Ong, ISS Defiant, Sarcophagus, Scimitar, Valdore

Bounty has been around since the start, I'm shocked you don't have it from dabo by now.

T'Ong was Arena award twice.

Can the I.S.S. Defiant cloak? The wiki doesn't list it. To add to your list, the Breen Command Warship can cloak.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Not sure what to do now.

40k over that period is approx. what I got ... 14.01 I had 7,989 Honor ... and right now I have 10,222 and got a citation Thursday morning.

If you do not cite Kol this weekend then, as has been mentioned in this thread, his use for the coming weeks is limited.
    Ideally, you would want to have him cited before the last event begins if you want to still spend a citation on him ... that is a Faction/Galaxy event so he'll be good during the Faction phase for sure ... but you're most likely to pick up more points during the Galaxy phase if you really want to try for top spots ... so, maybe a 4/5 is enough.

As for who to spend your citation on ... a difficult decision ... I deliberately didn't add a 5th star to RAF O'Brien and went wil Kol instead because I really need SEC help. I'll get back to O'Brien later this month ... I might start a new project if I was in your shoes.

Yeah even citing him for 2/5 stats isn't a great use of the citation, I'll probably get 50k by Monday which would be just typical. On the one hand I am a bit of a completionist (Minuet and Mintaken Riker being the exceptions). However Immortalising Kol would make him my number 1 base SEC and he will also get a lot of use on my voyages as well. I think the best thing to do is stockpile and see how much extra I can get from the Skirmish event because if I can get Braxton up to 3/5 from there or shortly thereafter then that might be a better option.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I think 4/4 Klaa has a more valuable arena ability. +11 attack turns every hit into burst damage, vs just a one off, plus usable on 3-5* ships. I'll have more stars on O'Brien, so higher, and faster, accuracy, so my crew choices will be between him and whatever Chekov brings to the table.
  • Options
    FWIW, I think 4/4 Klaa has a more valuable arena ability. +11 attack turns every hit into burst damage, vs just a one off, plus usable on 3-5* ships. I'll have more stars on O'Brien, so higher, and faster, accuracy, so my crew choices will be between him and whatever Chekov brings to the table.

I do not have Klaa but when I face him in arena he does not do anything for a really long time. When he does activate he is quite good but it seems like it isnt for like 20 seconds.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I do not have Klaa but when I face him in arena he does not do anything for a really long time. When he does activate he is quite good but it seems like it isnt for like 20 seconds.

Klaa is a horrible card on defense, but a real asset on offense, since you can time starting the cloak to use him when his ability comes available. The computer doesn’t do that, so it makes your ship a sitting duck while you’re offline. But I use him every Skirmish because defense doesn’t matter.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

Klaa is a horrible card on defense, but a real asset on offense, since you can time starting the cloak to use him when his ability comes available. The computer doesn’t do that, so it makes your ship a sitting duck while you’re offline. But I use him every Skirmish because defense doesn’t matter.

These exactly, lets me be real lazy. And since we can't run two loadouts, and there's no way to sort by ship abilities to build another working setup, let alone a good one, I just run the same boring thing that gives easy wins.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    With so many characters that are similar now, this is why I don’t worry about trying to get everyone to 5/5, or really even trying to obtain all characters. Unless they give me a significant advantage in some area, or I don’t have another character with similar or better stats, it isn’t necessary imho. To me, DB’s push to get characters out every week creates a watering down effect in the character area of the game. Yes, I understand the need for characters in a card collecting game, but I would ask for quality over quantity. With less focus on pumping out new characters each week, I wish they would focus more on adding other aspects to the game (more missions, maybe some aspects of the former IAP, a new event style, or a way to tweek older cards that have outlived their usefulness—that’s right, I am thinking of you 4* Mirror Sisko..., citation packs as rewards instead of characters ). Again, not that some of this isn’t done, we did just get a new mission recently and the Borg Faction. I am just left wanting more innovation, not just a smattering of new elements. Just my humble opinion...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I don't worry about getting everyone 5*, however that being said, maybe you all have a much more amazing crew then I do lol.

Cause I constantly use Kortar on Voyages, and I still see a real benefit of having two of them, aka his stat double kol, as a voyage option. So I didn't hesitate to get an additional star on him.