Home The Bridge

Ad Warps for Cadet Missions

Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
Any news on this or the design intent? The doubles still work, but the button to burn an ad warp and a ticket is sill there, and it would be nice to either lose the button, or get a limited number of uses out of it.

Comments

• I haven't seen any official comments from DB since their clarification post earlier this month

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12717/cadet-challenges-clarification-and-anniversary

We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Any news on this or the design intent? The doubles still work, but the button to burn an ad warp and a ticket is sill there, and it would be nice to either lose the button, or get a limited number of uses out of it.

Agreed!
  • Ad warp does burn a ticket.

Ad double does not burn any tickets beyond the one you burn whilst warp 1ing / running the cadet mission.

There is little point in ad warping if it is not a double, so are you proposing to get rid of the standard ad warp button?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love them to get rid of the ad-warp button. Right now ad-warp is useless and I've been burned by accidentally clicking the button. I don't want to return to ad-warp working without a ticket. It would turn Thursdays into a rush to run as many ads as you can and would inflate faction scores to the point of making them even more painful than they are now.
  • Anyone notice that on some screens when running missions, the ad-warp button does not appear orange but the same blue color as the standard warp button? I have been hitting the ad-warp button by accident several times when trying to retain it for use after levelling to 80 let's say, anticipating some more high chron cost components. Or when it suddenly appears after the 30 minutes and is not orange. very annoying.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Synthetic Commander
    I have noticed the ad warp being blue too. I have not accidentally hit it. If I do , I just close ap and restart. I only notice when I am running a mission to see if I have the 2x reward ad. (So I can warp a cadet mission followed by 2x reward ad.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Synthetic Commander
    I have noticed the ad warp being blue too. I have not accidentally hit it. If I do , I just close ap and restart. I only notice when I am running a mission to see if I have the 2x reward ad. (So I can warp a cadet mission followed by 2x reward ad.

Unfortunately for me sometimes adwarps fail to bring up an ad and just quickly reward me, especially since the recent UI change this happens quite frequently (at least 50% of the time). I'm not complaining about having to watch less ads for some reason in general, but this makes the blue ad-warp button all the more likely to be wasted accidentally for me.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Synthetic Commander

Unfortunately for me sometimes adwarps fail to bring up an ad and just quickly reward me, especially since the recent UI change this happens quite frequently (at least 50% of the time). I'm not complaining about having to watch less ads for some reason in general, but this makes the blue ad-warp button all the more likely to be wasted accidentally for me.

Ya, not getting the actual ad happens about 1 for every 40 for me. But I only do enough missions for the daily achievements. So I have been lucky enough not to have that happen to me when I make the mistake.

On skirmish and Galaxy is where I run most of my missions. Those missions are almost always 10 warps. So not trying to hit that first button on those.