Home Strange New Worlds

For anyone worried (or happy) that DSC may be canceled, chew on this…

Discovery helps set a new record for All Access

Today CBS All Access announced that the second season premiere of Star Trek: Discovery and the AFC championship game drove a record-breaking weekend for the streaming service. According to CBS, All Access added more subscribers in a single weekend than ever before, eclipsing the previous record set during the 2017 series premiere of Star Trek: Discovery by 72%. In addition, the weekend also set a new record for unique viewers.

[...]

Media analyst shows strong demand for Discovery premiere

Streaming services are generally not included in standard TV ratings, and most, including CBS, don’t tend to release specific viewership figures. However, media analysis company Parrot Analytics tracks interest in TV shows using their own (rather opaque) proprietary metric of “demand impressions” tracking search, social media, and other factors. And by their measurements, Star Trek: Discovery ranked 5th last week for digital originals in the USA.

Above quotes taken from this article:
https://trekmovie.com/2019/01/22/cbs-all-access-has-record-breaking-weekend-fueled-by-star-trek-discovery-season-2-premiere/

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy for them as far as show success goes. I'm disappointed that All Access is succeeding. That is horrible. It is the worst interface I've seen, and I'm somewhat ashamed to have spent money on it.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Well it still seems to be propped up by Netflix I wonder if it wasn't available on Netflix just how big the other figures would increase.

Also Season 2 has only just begun many will have probably watched the first couple of episodes in the vain hope that it wasn't:
    a) worse than season 1
    and
    b) That it is much better than the first season - but only time will tell on the latter.

First impressions is it is better, but perilously close to slipping up, there is too much overarching story line and not enough single episodic story line that follows the overarching story line. Although Episode 2 was a bit better on this as we got a half story.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Hello, guys, I am new here and I like to play a video game. to get open to all I just want to introduce myself well, I am Ruby. Star Trek is my favorite game to play.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, guys, I am new here and I like to play a video game. to get open to all I just want to introduce myself well, I am Ruby. Star Trek is my favorite game to play.

Welcome. Ruby
  • Season 3 has been confirmed by CBS and has been picked up by Netflix.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn