Home Engineering Room

Crew keep disappearing?

edited February 2019 in Engineering Room
My crew keep disappearing for some reason or another.

I had this with 5* Yarnek and now a FF Jack Crusher. Lucky I got both back.

I'm wondering if this is because of the rewards that I get from either The Gauntlet or Events, which I recently got a reward from a recent Event. The Event made Crusher disappear.

It will take forever to Immortalize both unless they disappear again.

Comments

• HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they didn't dissapear. They are maybe just behind someone else. Like with mine Mirror Archer

0a033trky79d.jpg
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • HaBlack wrote: »
    Maybe they didn't dissapear. They are maybe just behind someone else. Like with mine Mirror Archer

Nope. They definitely disappeared.

If they disappear again, I might have to check this.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

Some people judiciously take screenshots of every crew they immortalize and check their vault on a regular basis to make sure nobody has disappeared. Although it is a bit of a nuclear option, it should help with any CS Roulette attempts to get them back.
  • HaBlack wrote: »

Some people judiciously take screenshots of every crew they immortalize and check their vault on a regular basis to make sure nobody has disappeared. Although it is a bit of a nuclear option, it should help with any CS Roulette attempts to get them back.

This is a MUST because it happened to me twice! I have screenshots, and I took pics of my handwritten spreadsheet to make sure they got them back to me in a couple tickets, but I have heard of others not being so lucky if they didn't have "proof".

Seems to me they could pull a backup of each account and look it up though. Definitely submit a ticket!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have had this happen twice, and DB has added the character back once. I am waiting to hear on the other.

Edit: The second character was added back to my crew by CS. Thanks!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platforms are you using when you have lost crew? I have never had a problem on ios or android.
    Let’s fly!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    What platforms are you using when you have lost crew? I have never had a problem on ios or android.

iOS. Other players have told me it’s a known bug.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved to Engineering Room. Please make sure to submit tickets about this!
  • What platforms are you using when you have lost crew? I have never had a problem on ios or android.

iPhone XR as well. iOS.
  • It is possible the crew are disappearing because of the "exceeded 1000 items" bug. That causes items (and maybe crew?) to be deleted silently at random a little while after you acquire "too many" items. The whole debacle is a design error that CS usually blames on players "failure to weed out unneeded items".
  • Ice Man wrote: »
    It is possible the crew are disappearing because of the "exceeded 1000 items" bug. That causes items (and maybe crew?) to be deleted silently at random a little while after you acquire "too many" items. The whole debacle is a design error that CS usually blames on players "failure to weed out unneeded items".

I do not think it is linked to the item count. My count is consistently 700 or less in terms of items, and one of my toons disappeared from my vault (which should not happen).

• Moved to Engineering Room. Please make sure to submit tickets about this!

How do I send a screenshot to Customer Support via email? There is no way to do this.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

How do I send a screenshot to Customer Support via email? There is no way to do this.

Just send an actual email:

sttsupport@disruptorbeam.com

...and attach the screenshots as, well, attachments.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Just send an actual email:

sttsupport@disruptorbeam.com

...and attach the screenshots as, well, attachments.

Yup. When I got bitten by The Clown Error a week or two ago, I initiated the support ticket from inside the app and then attached screenshots to the email chain from my email app, all on my phone.

You can submit a ticket to via Zendesk that allows for attachments: https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
  • What platforms are you using when you have lost crew? I have never had a problem on ios or android.

iOS here too.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Moved to Engineering Room. Please make sure to submit tickets about this!

Thank you for paying attention and keeping things smooth while Shan is away.
    However, this is a long ongoing problem and if u dont have a screenshot C/S just says there is nothing they can do. Sometimes i have a 3/4* or 3/5* suddenly become 2/4* or 2/5*.
    Can we just get the issue fixed? Can the tech ppl make this a priority as it most enraging when u loose crew long worked for, chrons spent to supply. Not to mention those who spent cash.

Thank you for paying attention and keeping things smooth while Shan is away.
    However, this is a long ongoing problem and if u dont have a screenshot C/S just says there is nothing they can do. Sometimes i have a 3/4* or 3/5* suddenly become 2/4* or 2/5*.
    Can we just get the issue fixed? Can the tech ppl make this a priority as it most enraging when u loose crew long worked for, chrons spent to supply. Not to mention those who spent cash.

It's definitely frustrating.

Both Shan and I have raised it as an issue, but the problem seems to affect so few players that it's very difficult for our team to figure out what's causing the problem or if there's a problem.

For context, your account may still technically have the crew, but it might be a display issue where you can't see or select the crew for use. That would be very different than a crew being deleted or removed.

I'm not saying it is one of those things, but it's hard to solve a complex and rare problem when there's very little information to go on.
  • Thank you for responding sunshine riker.

On that note, i encourage my fleet to send tickets about all malfunctions because if we dont report the problem, how are you to know there is a problem.
    I also tell them not to have high expectations of immidiate problem solving due to complicated programming which i also know is involved.
    For that reason though, many dedicated players just accept the loss and dont bother reporting it, and others just quit the game all together. So it is likely your understanding of the situation as “so few players” is due to under-reporting.
    And then to elaborate my own ios experience.
    1, I have lost crew all together that C/S told me i deleted. I explained to them why would i delete a 3/3 lvl 80 that i clearly was working on when i had plenty of open slots? They agreed that made no sense and restored. Thank you C/S. But other times C/S told me nothing to be done if i didnt have proof.
    2. I have been unable to view frozen crew in the vault, but then when i search by name i can see them.
    3. I have lost stars on crew several times or lost currency.
    so actually my personal experience with crew is three problems.
    My experience always seems to happen on tue with the updates, or upgrades. Maybe that will help.
    And i would also point out this thread was started by someone else, on a wed ( after tue update).
    Thank you for your attention.