Home The Bridge
Options

Voyages Explained for the crew

I opened a ticket back when I too noticed that I wasn't getting the crew on the dilemas. Customer service explained it to me and so far it has proven to be true.

When you get the dilema and it comes time to select your answer. If you select a crew member you have already selected on a previous dilema you will get diminished rewards. So you have to select a different crew in order to get a crew/honor/chronitons instead of the equipment pieces. Didn't see this posted so I thought I would share what customer service told me.

Comments

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I mainly run short Voyages (4 to 6 hours usually, 2 longer ones to test out the feature) and in those I did not encounter nerfed rewards at all (honor, crew, chrons at every dilemma). Probably cause this different crew thing you mentioned doesn´t come into play so much than. Would confirm what Shan and Nod said about the loot table not changed + at the same time so many people experiencing it differently. In that case the only question would be: Why does support know about this, but not the userbase. Or only after contacting support like in your case.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flaw with this theory is that there have been reports of component drops from the very first dilemma.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I opened a ticket back when I too noticed that I wasn't getting the crew on the dilemas. Customer service explained it to me and so far it has proven to be true.

When you get the dilema and it comes time to select your answer. If you select a crew member you have already selected on a previous dilema you will get diminished rewards. So you have to select a different crew in order to get a crew/honor/chronitons instead of the equipment pieces. Didn't see this posted so I thought I would share what customer service told me.

I don't understand. Do you mean the crew on your ship? Sometimes all of the options are the same crew member.
  • Options
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I don't understand. Do you mean the crew on your ship? Sometimes all of the options are the same crew member.

I think he means the crew pictured on the 2 or 3 selections for each dilemma. I had not considered the crew pictured meant anything other than aesthetics... I will have to add that to my sheet to track and see. Like someone said above, the 3* component has been reported on the 2hr dilemma, so that may blow the theory out of the water.
  • Options
    wodk7j6lxe93.png

Grant77 - The picture above shows 3 of the crew on my Voyage. However, Looking back at today's 9h voyage, I received a 3* component on the 8h dilemma. Here are my dilemmas:

2h - Champion of the People - [Dark Ages McCoy or Mirror Kirk]. I chose Mirror Kirk - 30/30/2* crew
    4h - A Life Alone, Part 1 - [Mirror Kirk or Borg Queen]. I chose Mirror Kirk - 30/30/2* crew
    6h - Retrofit - [Captain Janeway or Kortar]. I chose Captain Janeway - 30/30/2* crew
    8h - Sticks and Stones - [Borg Queen, Kortar, or Robin Hood.] I Chose Robin Hood - 3* Microconnector

So, I only lost 30 chrons for the mission, still ended up with 573. But this disproves the OP's post about which character you choose, because I chose Mirror Kirk on the 1st and 2nd dilemma so I should have had a component on the 2nd.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    The flaw with this theory is that there have been reports of component drops from the very first dilemma.

I've personally experienced it twice (and then never again) at the first dilemma.
  • Options
    In my experience the crew picture in the choices don’t match the names in the descriptions, which originally didn’t match the names in the selected outcome. They fixed that, but the pictures are still wrong.