Home The Bridge

Announcement: cadet challenge ad warp question

It says every 4 hours.
Does this mean a regalur warp every 4 hours after watching an ad and the regular double your rewards ad remains on the cadet challenges, or

warp every 4 hours and no double your reward ads or

Only warp every 4 hours and no more double up ads.

From what was written, the first should apply, but there's a history.

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I think this just adds another layer of spacing to the regular ad-warp (30-min refresh), x2 warp (60-min refresh), and all-warp cool-down (20-min refresh) cycle.

0-min: cadet challenge ticket #1 + 2x warp
    20-min: ad-warp any mission
    50-min: ad-warp any mission
    70-min: cadet challenge ticket #2 + 2x warp
    etc...

Once you've used your 6 tickets w/2x warp, you'll be able to ad-warp additional cadet missions with a 4-hour refresh, working it into the other 20-min/30-min refresh cycle.

With a minimum of 5-hours needed (starting right at 0-min mark of a new STT 'day') to use the 6 ticket/2x combos, you should be able to use the new ad-warp option 5 times (hours 6/10/14/18/22) on cadet challenges. This means we can effectively run cadet missions 17 times every day, without needing to use dilithium!
  • I'm assuming it means the regular double ad warp every hour will stay the same, but the regular one time warp will only show up every 4 hours and not consume a ticket, so they're giving us a few extra chances at getting stuff.
  • Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea? With the high number of boosts received from the Thursday cadet missions and Chrons from the Mon/Wed/Fri missions, it will make events even more difficult. These recent ‘improvements’ keep making the game more insane to play.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did an ad warp and it took away one of my cadet tickets. Not sure what the point of watching the ad was.
    Let’s fly!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did an ad warp and it took away one of my cadet tickets. Not sure what the point of watching the ad was.

Does the fix require the new client that’s coming ?
  • I just did an ad warp and it took away one of my cadet tickets. Not sure what the point of watching the ad was.

This is AFTER the app update, not today.

wn5fgwabgdun.gif

Let’s fly!
  • I just did an ad warp and it took away one of my cadet tickets. Not sure what the point of watching the ad was.

I watched an ad and after see error I'm out of tickets... So it only tried to take a ticket. Still no reward tho
    ~ seeking out new life
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking into getting clarification this. Sorry about the confusion.
  • Looking into getting clarification this. Sorry about the confusion.

In the meantime please send me 1 cadet ticket asap. I've already watched more than 1 ad now for nothing.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I just updated through Google Play. The ads don't work because I am out of tickets. Is this an intended outcome? The in-game version is 132110 per the settings page.
  • Same for me, I'm on the new version, same error message.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • I just updated and also got an error message after trying an ad warp. Wonder if the feature doesn’t go live until Tuesday? That’s usually when forced updates happen.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Same
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran with 1 ticket left and it did not consume the ticket. This seems like its the same problem they had before where if you had a ticket left it didn't consume one, but if none were left they errored out.
  • Well I just tried the warp and it took up a ticket. Fantastic.
  • Same, ad without any ticket left is not working for me.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I just tried the warp and it took up a ticket. Fantastic.

Same here. Started 6/6, ran an ad, now at 5/6.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
    I think you have to wait till the update is out.
    Let’s fly!

The update is out.

The update is out.

Not for ios.
    Let’s fly!
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for ios.

It is. Installed it last night...

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

The update is out.

Not for ios.

Restart your App Store and if that doesn’t work restart your phone and try the App Store again.

Also if you aren’t already doing it, search for the app and click jnto it manually (not clicking the open button) to get the update to show up.

• Well thanks for the heads up then :)

The update is out.

Not for ios.

Yes for iOS. I’d already updated when I posted.
  • Thanks to everyone for the reports.

The 7.0.10 fix was supposed to allow you to be able to use ad-warp on cadet fixes even when you have 0 cadet tickets. However, there's a bug :( We're working on a fix.

That makes much more sense, thx
    ~ seeking out new life