Home Ready Room
Options

How about the Enterprise J?

FechoFecho ✭✭
edited February 2019 in Ready Room
For the next Mega Event DB should give us the Enterprise J.
And the clash of:
ENT, DIS, TOS, TNG, DS9 & VOY

How about the Enterprise J? 40 votes

Heck Yeah
42% 17 votes
Go take a nap
57% 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    An ugly ship portrayed in a picture in a mediocre episode. No, thanks.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree I think it looks quite good.
    lrgyx2u3djz2.jpg
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I was never a fan of the "J". It makes zero sense for a ship from that far in the future to be using traditional warp drive. They're in a temporal war, based in the 26th century, yet their starship design looks barely improved on late-22nd to mid-24th century design.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yea this one was silly. Doesn't really make a lot of sense. Why does she need to be 3200 meters long?

Plus you've only seen it from the one angle. It's awful looking from every other one.

Can we get the E before we start looking for this?
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure we'll get it before the E.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »

lrgyx2u3djz2.jpg

What's interesting in retrospect is that the J's saucer design could conceivably rotate - a la displacement activated spore hub drive.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »

lrgyx2u3djz2.jpg

What's interesting in retrospect is that the J's saucer design could conceivably rotate - a la displacement activated spore hub drive.

Sorry, no, it's not spherical. Meanwhile, the sucker is almost 3000 meters wide and 3200 meters long. It's longer than a Borg Cube's side.

This is a space station, not a ship.
    n7bakj5b6cig.jpg
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ugly
  • Options
    ugly indeed. who designed that monstrosity...
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

lrgyx2u3djz2.jpg

Sorry, no, it's not spherical. Meanwhile, the sucker is almost 3000 meters wide and 3200 meters long. It's longer than a Borg Cube's side.

This is a space station, not a ship.
    n7bakj5b6cig.jpg
    Mm, I could see it rotating in a fluidic motion. Spacial reality does tend to warp a bit during a Black Alert.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Ent-E or bust!
  • Options
    Looks like a hard disk drive...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were Xindi serving aboard Enterprise J. That could be used to tie into an event.
  • Options
    How about instead of more new ships, they redo the 3D models they're using now and make them look better. Some of those ships they've recently thrown in look like junk.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise-J is too big to use in the game if done to scale. If not done to scale, meh, what's the point? I'd much rather see the B from "Generations" and C from "Yesterday's Enterprise", as well as future D with three nacelles and phaser cannon from "All Good Things . . .", than the J.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I'd love to see more Klingon ships. The Vor'cha or Negh'var would be cool.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Enterprise-J is too big to use in the game if done to scale. If not done to scale, meh, what's the point? I'd much rather see the B from "Generations" and C from "Yesterday's Enterprise", as well as future D with three nacelles and phaser cannon from "All Good Things . . .", than the J.

Three nacelle Enterprise is the best!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t think about the scale issue. The picture on Memory Beta showing that the saucer section is longer than an Odyssey-class ship (which is I think itself 20% larger than the Sovereign-class) really hammers home how insanely large the J really is.