Home The Bridge

Ideas for show themed events/mega events

enigma starlordenigma starlord ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in The Bridge
What would be you choice of event theme around a tv shows crew?

- ORG
- TNG
- DS9
- VOY
- ENT

Comments

• {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

- ORG
    - TNG
    - DS9
    - VOY
    - ENT

I'd go with TOS, just because it doesn't seem like it's been represented well in megas. But honestly, I'm fine with any of them. What I really don't like is when they do a split theme, like Andorian/Disco. It just feels like they try to cram too much into those megas and nobody is ever really thrilled with the event crew. I much prefer them to pick a theme and cram as many of those chars into it as they can.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

- ORG
    - TNG
    - DS9
    - VOY
    - ENT

I'd go with TOS, just because it doesn't seem like it's been represented well in megas. But honestly, I'm fine with any of them. What I really don't like is when they do a split theme, like Andorian/Disco. It just feels like they try to cram too much into those megas and nobody is ever really thrilled with the event crew. I much prefer them to pick a theme and cram as many of those chars into it as they can.

I enjoyed the Andorian/Disco mega because I got a bunch of Andorians (my favorite Trek species)...the only way that it could have been better if Discovery weren’t shoehorned into it so we could have gotten Jhamel, Gareb, and one of my all-time Trek crushes, Talas (well, her and her stunt double).
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah event with only one theme is better.
    Discovery-Andorian was a disaster

I was so excited about Romulans then we only got two real Romulans Vreenak and Keras.

After that DS9 and Augment theme was a complete mess.

DS9 has so many characters that you could make a game just around that show.

Augments on their own are cool. But I am still pissed off how we got Species 8472 and Seven of Nine in that event.

After that DB had dropped dual themes and it was a massive improvement, although two skill Minuet is still useless.
  • I would vote for VOY, but I'm fine with anything :)
  • TOS does still have a lot of stories to tell. I'm sure we could get a few characters like Organians or from Journey to Babel, or Balock. My choice would be Enterprise. They just seem underutilized compared to other show characters.
  • edited February 2019
    There was another discussion (within a discussion), lol, where the idea of temporal/time travel mega had been made. Having added crew such as guinan, mrs charmichael, and Samuel Clemens from “times arrow”. there are still some “1701” crew that could be added as well as relativity crew.
    And we have some interesting crew from Ds9 episode where defiant was thrown back 200 years then created a new society. Yedrin dax, Many choice of crew that would include all series and some movies. Lots of choices for this mixed series/movie mega of temporal travels.
    To include all of them would be a 2 mo mega.
    Or simplify and just do a series of related events with temporal versions.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    nv1scijpxk9w.jpg
    1zpxpvkxi182.jpg
    nmdjpwc3p60e.jpg
    e50jh2bjsi1w.jpg
    I would like to see The Animated Series/Romulans mega event month. We have so few crew from TAS and we need more Romulans since the Vulcan/Romulan mega was mostly Vulcans. The event month recurring could be a Romulan from TAS. The fun thing about this is that it would get people to watch TAS who have not already like when DB did the TNG mirror universe crew which got me and others to go read the comics.
    I'd be very down for this.
  • edited February 2019
    7xa4d9g5rvto.jpg

An Enterprise Season 4 event with Seth "Ensign Rivers" MacFarlane and Capt. Erika Hernandez

4b7s96xihhr7.jpg
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The animated series for me.

DB could make it so that the animated crew are really 2D or animated, and have somehow leaked into the universe with the temporal crises .

The lovely M'Ress as the reoccuring legendary. Skills Engineering, Diplomacy and Med (or Sci).

Crew could include Captain Uhura, and the Bunny Rabbit from Shore Leave, The series also had a time anomaly episode that could be written into an event.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each to their own I suppose...animated series characters hold no interest for me.
  • What would be you choice of event theme around a tv shows crew?

- ORG
    - TNG
    - DS9
    - VOY
    - ENT

Imagine Andorian disco!! All those waving antennae!!!
  • Just don’t mix TOS and Discovery—the continuity issues would rip a hole in spacetime.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    7xa4d9g5rvto.jpg

An Enterprise Season 4 event with Seth "Ensign Rivers" MacFarlane and Capt. Erika Hernandez

4b7s96xihhr7.jpg

A Threshold 2* could be Archer's girlfriend Rebecca.

{I think only ever seen in a deleted scene in Sason Three.}

Also, +87 on Ensign Griffin!!!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a red shirt mega event month for all the dead red shirts? All of their scarifices so that the main characters knew not to touch that plant, touch that rock, or to be slow with the phaser.
    Let’s fly!
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Has there been a Bajoran featured MEGA? I think all of the other factions have been represented. I see 46 Bajoran in game already that would count.
  • What about a red shirt mega event month for all the dead red shirts? All of their scarifices so that the main characters knew not to touch that plant, touch that rock, or to be slow with the phaser.

This would be fun.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a red shirt mega event month for all the dead red shirts? All of their scarifices so that the main characters knew not to touch that plant, touch that rock, or to be slow with the phaser.

This would be fun.

But of course, even the Recurring would be a 1*!!!!!!

No one was ever around long enough to get promoted!!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • What about a red shirt mega event month for all the dead red shirts? All of their scarifices so that the main characters knew not to touch that plant, touch that rock, or to be slow with the phaser.

or the background characters. Each series had some of the same actors.
    A few actors played different roles.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Glenn_Morshower(multiple characters)
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Duncan_Regehr(Shakaar/Ronin-the Ghost)
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/David_Keith_Anderson(Armstrong-tng, Ashmore-voy)
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ayala(he appeared in more episodes than some regular)
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Joseph_Carey
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Hogan
    even the actor who played Rogar Danar was the original Voyager doctor who disliked Paris.
    led by:
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Amanda_Rogers
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Nakamura
  • What would be you choice of event theme around a tv shows crew?

- ORG
    - TNG
    - DS9
    - VOY
    - ENT

Imagine Andorian disco!! All those waving antennae!!!

Different music in cultures on earth alone affects body parts differently. Example would be how head moves and feet are still in synchronous rhythm in some Indian music genres while in others the body moves but head is still while focus is on eyes and eye brows. In alien settings if Andorians will be affected by disco music then antennae may compensate for movement and be still. Our ears do not wiggle automatically in disco do they?

Though Andorian Wayang with gamelan would kick it... extra appendages!!