Home The Bridge

Stats on wheel

Anyone have the stat rates on the top row of the diablo wheel?

Usually do 5 spins a day with 4 bought to the 100 and then a free spin

But never had a top row?

Comments

• Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they are posted on the wiki. You might be happier not seeing them though 😉

2.5 years of heavy play, and I’ve never had a top row. 1-3 spins a day here.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

The 100% guarantee works out to $117 U.S. for VIP-14. Interestingly, that's a better "deal" than Tuesday crew packs. $117 worth of crew packs only gets you to a 95.2% chance of at least one legendary (though of course you might, and should on average expect, to get slightly more). If you're able to plunk down $117, of course.

PS - I love that the author was precise enough to add the 5,000 credit cost :smiley:
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, if that's how you want to spend your dil that's your decision. However, I want to tell you that you are throwing it away on dabo.
  • I've gotten top row 3 times, jackpot once. All on the 5,000 credit spin.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing more than 2 or 3 spins is generally a bad idea. You’d almost be better off buying packs.
  • Despite what it says on the screen, more spins does not increase the odds of getting what you want.
  • Is there a better way of getting decent numbers of 5* schematics for a newer player than Dabo?
    1st Command 12/26/18
    Immortals: 116
    -ENTERPRISE- (Mirror Empok Nor)
  • T'Rama wrote: »
    Is there a better way of getting decent numbers of 5* schematics for a newer player than Dabo?

The only way to get a useful amount is from packs.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think at some point it was stated the odds all fall into the highest chance item, significantly unbalancing it, and the top row remains at the original odds until everything is gone or you get very lucky. So yes, the odds increase, but not in a way that encourages you to get the top row. I have nothing to cite on that, but I think it was on the forum a long while back. My apologies if it’s bad information.
  • I only use the 5k fed-cred spin, but no dilitium after that. I used to do the 10 and 30, but just free spins now. I would get schematics from ships I already maxed out, esp for Borg Cube . Those extra schems make for good replicator fodder tho.
  • There are always only 3 expected results from Dabo spin:
    bad – worse – RNG hell
    ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Usually use the 5000cr spin and an adspin after that, sometimes I used a 10 or 30 dil spin just because I had some dil hanging around.
    Since I started last year I got two purples from dabo.

My vip0 account is happy about every ship schematics pull he can get though :)
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T'Rama wrote: »
    Is there a better way of getting decent numbers of 5* schematics for a newer player than Dabo?

If you're doing the monthly card, I'd say, try one extra Dabo spin. And maybe not even every day, if you want to conserve your Dil. But I've found that between 2 spins, several times weekly, you can build up a 5* ship fairly quickly.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have won the top row six times, two 5*s and four 4*s. That is using the 5000 credits and 10 dils. But it took me almost a year to get my first top row win, and ironically I had two that week!

Trista
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Ah, the top row.

ynvggdwbdipi.jpeg
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe it took this long for somebody to realize that @Mbannar made a HILARIOUS joke in the OP. I will highlight it for all of you who missed it. I applaud you Mbanner, that was great.
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Anyone have the stat rates on the top row of the diablo wheel?

Usually do 5 spins a day with 4 bought to the 100 and then a free spin

But never had a top row?

• Took over 2.5 years, and finally got a top row recently. Just a 4* add-on but a nice surprise when it hit.

My problem the last couple weeks is that all the top row and second row are all things I have...including Immortalized 5*s (3x in a row). There are plenty of 5* cards I don't have, why would it continue to pop up with ones I already have 5/5?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think something was broken when they did that week long special dabo crew. It used to be good about 4* crew I needed, but now I see crew I have FF showing up.
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    T'Rama wrote: »

If you're doing the monthly card, I'd say, try one extra Dabo spin. And maybe not even every day, if you want to conserve your Dil. But I've found that between 2 spins, several times weekly, you can build up a 5* ship fairly quickly.

also there are voyage dilemmas resulting in schematics.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I think something was broken when they did that week long special dabo crew. It used to be good about 4* crew I needed, but now I see crew I have FF showing up.

Same. It would be severely disappointing to win a top row spin only for it to be useless.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    Doing more than 2 or 3 spins is generally a bad idea. You’d almost be better off buying packs.

Even just doing a 10-dil spin every single day will cost 3650 dil for a year...basically the cost of a monthly card and most of the reward for immortalizing a crew member. That seems like a frightfully high cost for some ship schematics and worthless items.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

Even just doing a 10-dil spin every single day will cost 3650 dil for a year...basically the cost of a monthly card and most of the reward for immortalizing a crew member. That seems like a frightfully high cost for some ship schematics and worthless items.

Well, it's all relative, innit? Those of us who have dropped more than a handful of cash on this game could say that it was a frightfully high cost even when we got much better stuff out of the deal. ;)

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Well, it's all relative, innit? Those of us who have dropped more than a handful of cash on this game could say that it was a frightfully high cost even when we got much better stuff out of the deal. ;)

Also the cost of a monthly card is around 4 bucks. Hardly frightfully high. But as you said: It´s all relative. Personally also no fan of the wheel, but if others like to do some spins let them have fun and good RNG with it...

Also the cost of a monthly card is around 4 bucks. Hardly frightfully high. But as you said: It´s all relative. Personally also no fan of the wheel, but if others like to do some spins let them have fun and good RNG with it...

I think I am going to stand by my adjectives on this one. 1500 dil for a single 4* from a faction store is considered by most to be pretty ridiculous, yes? Why is more than double that cost acceptable for a tiny fraction of a chance at getting one? Spend that dil on event packs and you’ll have a much greater chance of getting a legendary crew.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I am going to stand by my adjectives on this one. 1500 dil for a single 4* from a faction store is considered by most to be pretty ridiculous, yes? Why is more than double that cost acceptable for a tiny fraction of a chance at getting one? Spend that dil on event packs and you’ll have a much greater chance of getting a legendary crew.

Perhaps I misunderstood. Originally, it seemed like you were talking about an extra spin a few times a week being a "frightfully high" cost for schematics... but in this most recent post, you're talking about trying to get crew from Dabo. (I agree it's silly to do extra spins if all you're interested in is getting crew from the top row, unless you have a nearly unlimited real-life budget for gaming and money isn't a concern whatsoever.) Granted, that is what the OP was asking, but from your choice of words I was under the impression you were jumping into the discussion in the middle of the thread, where some of us were talking about the payoff of doing extra spins in order to get more schematics. If I was mistaken about that, then disregard my reply above. o:)

Perhaps I misunderstood. Originally, it seemed like you were talking about an extra spin a few times a week being a "frightfully high" cost for schematics... but in this most recent post, you're talking about trying to get crew from Dabo. (I agree it's silly to do extra spins if all you're interested in is getting crew from the top row, unless you have a nearly unlimited real-life budget for gaming and money isn't a concern whatsoever.) Granted, that is what the OP was asking, but from your choice of words I was under the impression you were jumping into the discussion in the middle of the thread, where some of us were talking about the payoff of doing extra spins in order to get more schematics. If I was mistaken about that, then disregard my reply above. o:)

Back before I finished the Bounty, Prakesh, and Krayton (plus whatever else is in the rotation), I felt that credit spins and the occasional 10-dil spin for a huge pile of schematics was indeed a good deal. But I wasn’t talking about those...just crew. Granted, part of that is being a little narrow-minded and forgetting that some people don’t have those ships maxed out yet, forgetting that there is something of value (to some people) that isn’t locked away on the top row.

For the rest of us, the chances of landing something truly valuable (the 5* crew and two 4* crew...maybe the 4* item if you’ve wisely left an appropriate item unlocked and unbuilt) just don’t warrant the expense, an expense that seems small but really adds up over time.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've forgotten to do my 5,000 credit dabo spin something like 4 times this month already. I wasn't upset.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The odds on Dabo are pretty ridiculous. I've hit top row 4 times in well over 2 years spinning every day, including using my 100 daily dil when I was more naive.
    You'd think DB would loosen that up a little so there is a realistic expectation of getting lucky. Still rare, but not virtually impossible.