Home Ready Room

Hard (impossible) to get items

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I know some items are more rare than others. Some seem nearly impossible. It only makes it worse that if the item is part of a build, it does not name the item. I've been running a 2 out of 5 dot mission for this item for several days when I have an ad-warp and cannot get it. Perhaps it is more likely in another mission. Unfortunately I am not even sure what it is called.

Can anyone tell me what it is and what mission to use? Thanks.
1ee5dn4ip88b.jpg

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    4* casing, you either have to do the hirogen shuttle with double rewards (9hr overnighter) or warp 10 Rapid response or hounded (epic level) space battles (next skirmish I am going to stock up on them myself).

I prefer Rapid Response myself I think I get a more reliable drop in my experience.

Also a little hack, but if you click on the item on the mission load pop up (i.e once you have selected a mission) you get the item name.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. All my Hirogen shuttles the past few days were not giving me the item. I ran Rapid Response and got it first go.

And thanks for your rapid response with this.
    NP it’s also needed on one of the last builds for Zimmerman
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The drop rate for 4*'s in general in shuttles is so low that this probably isn't a good way to get them. Per above best way is to bite the bullet and pick the right missions and always ad-double when you finally get one. Or replicate, but they are usually needed in bundles of 4 so that's painful.

In addition to the missions above you might consider the following ship battle missions:

EP5-C-10 Proof of Concept (22) - a ship battle (holoemitters, or useful in skirmish), also gives Relay (3)'s (often crew-useful) and Casing (0) (crew-useful and galaxy-useful). Running POC is actually 1.78x more cost effective for the ensemble of those 3 items than farming for them in their individually cheapest missions. It's not the cheapest Casing 4* mission (124 chrons), but a productive one.

EP7-A-11 Hounded (16) - per above, good one, and also gives useful Backpack (2) and especially Casing (3), for crew, and Synthesized Polymer (1), for galaxies, and also more efficient than farming for each individually (1.53x more cost effective). However, fairly expensive for Casing (4)'s alone (274 chrons)

EP4-C-7 Mutual Assured Destruction (20) - also gives Optronic Circuit (3), for crew; 1.46x more efficient than farming separately. Same cost range as Proof of Concept-22 (147 chrons)

EP4-B-7 Mutual Assured Destruction (14) - also gives Backpack (2) and, notably, Alcohol (3) (and as gravy Synthesized Polymer (1). You can never have enough Alcohol (3). Slightly less efficient than individual farming, and like Hounded expensive for Casing (4) (251 chrons), but the ensemble isn't bad.

EP9-C-1 Rapid Response (24) noted above is slightly more expensive than the cheapest Casing 4* mission, but also gives Authorization Code (2) for crew and galaxies, and overall fairly cheap for Casing 4* (81 chrons) so popular. Slightly less efficient than individual farming, but reasonable to run if you need them during a Skirmish event.

Those are ship battles only - I haven't looked at all the Away Team missions for "synergy" efficiencies ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
    that's a good point about picking missions to kill more birds with one stone only recently I noticed using the battle mission shielding the prey inadvertently helped stock up on some much needed common database panels.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's a good point about picking missions to kill more birds with one stone only recently I noticed using the battle mission shielding the prey inadvertently helped stock up on some much needed common database panels.

There’s another thing I’d like a lifetime supply of. :smile:
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I went from checking the Cardassian faction store every single day just for the hope of finding one database for crew or for Galaxy events to having 832 of them sitting around due to farming 3* polyalloys.
  • Ugh, 4* Casings are one of my banes in this game. I've blown so many chrons trying to get them to drop....
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)