Home The Bridge

Struggling to get Tuvix

Hi there. Ages ago when i first joined, I accidentally managed to make a Tuvix, fantastic. Although now I am trying to get one on purpose, so i can meld them together to level up my previous one from ages ago, I am struggling.

I currently have an Ambassador Neelix: Level 100, Fully Merged (3*), Max XP & Max Fit (I actually had him in the cryostasis vault, i pulled him out to do this)
I also have a Security Chief Tuvok: Level 100, Max XP, Max Fit, although it is not fully merged, and only 1*.

I do not get the option to merge them, what is the requirement exactly, if known, to merge them into another Tuvix so i can level up my first one?

Comments

• PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once either character is freezable (fully fused and fully equipped and level 100), they can no longer be merged.

You'll have to pop that Ambassador Neelix back in the freezer and start collecting new ones.
  • Redirect LeftRedirect Left ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Well that seems like poor forward thinking by DB. I can't think of any legit gameplay reason to make it so once fully done they can't be merged anymore. Especially when they don't explictly state in game that immortalising them is a one way process in regards to doing this.
  • LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    If you could use immortalised crew, you would only need to collect and immortalise Tuvok and Neelix once, at which point you could just merge them four times to get your four copies of Tuvix.

Getting Tuvix (and The Duras Sisters) specifically requires you to give up the individual crew used in making them, which is only really possible as long as they are not immortalised.
  • Leshy wrote: »
    If you could use immortalised crew, you would only need to collect and immortalise Tuvok and Neelix once, at which point you could just merge them four times to get your four copies of Tuvix.
    I feel it'd make a lot more sense to allow you to immortalise a crew member, and then get them back out of the statis vault, (ie: incase you need the crew quarter space before you get a specific crew to complete the merge, it can take a long time to get even common crew, if you are not piling all your money into the game). Then when that is done, unimortalise that crew member to represent the fact you spent it to create another one.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    They seem to have the problem once immortalized you cannot delete that immortalized crew. So if they allowed you to merge to create Tuvix or Duras Sisters, you would still have that crew it would not be deleted. Rather than spend the programming resources to fix this problem ( could be complex depending on how the original code was written) they decided not to allow us to use an immortalized crew in the merge.

Just to add, they created the cryo stasis vault first. Later, they came up with this idea of merging two crew of lower rarity to create a new crew of higher rarity. Because the original design of cryo was to keep us from accidentally deleting immortalized crew and also allow us to remove that crew from crew quarters and still have them available, they had no thought of deleting immortalized crew. By not allowing us to delete immortalized crew one should never have them accidentally deleted.
  • I feel for you. I got Tuvix done a few months ago and finally today I pulled the third star on Amb. Nelix after getting 10-12 Tuvoks. Good hunting!