Home The Bridge

I feel cheated, again

I was running voyage. There was over 90 antimatter units left. I closed voyage screen and watched 30s ad. I immediately came back to my voyage but it was already gone, no antimatter left. That's why you will never get my money DB, cheers.

Comments

• is probably u stay on voyage afther time is some lag apear and u need before watching Ad leave voyage screen and return to see how many antimater left happen to me if stay long time on the voyage screen
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    There is definitely a lag that occurs every so often in-game with several different areas, which don't populate right away with the most recent info.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    When voyages get down to 200 am I make sure to exit the voyage screen and reenter to make sure there is no lag or count is off. And never leave a voyage screen when the voyage is under 100 am. I also try to keep at least 1 voyage revive token in case of emergency.
    Let’s fly!
  • It is deceptive and that fact it's still not fixed is definitely costing DB revenue from the disgruntled masses
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    When voyages get down to 200 am I make sure to exit the voyage screen and reenter to make sure there is no lag or count is off. And never leave a voyage screen when the voyage is under 100 am. I also try to keep at least 1 voyage revive token in case of emergency.

How do you keep 1 Voyage Revive Token?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Happened to me a while back ago. I realized there is a lag. What happens is the longer you are sitting on the voyage window, the more time you fall behind. I knew this when it happened to me but I had about 150 AM. I left screen went back in and it was out of antimatter.

I believe the lag is caused by the text sent. As you sit in voyage every 20 seconds some text is sent. When the blue bar hits zero the first time it is In sync the last digit of length of time of voyage is zero. When the bar hits zero the second time, the last digit is no longer zero. That is not correct, if you exit and re-enter that last digit will go back to zero again.

Screenshots do not catch it correctly. Really need to take video to see what is going on. But you will see that, every time you first enter the voyage screen the blue bar disappears when the last digit of time goes to zero. When you sit there the second time the blue bar disappears, the last digit of time will not be zero. And so on the three, four, and so on. With each one that last digit of time will increase. Each display of a text incident in the voyage occurs 20 seconds apart. But when you sit in the voyage they occur greater than 20 seconds apart.

Edit: REMEMBER when you are on the voyage screen and change aps (receive phone call) the ap automatically exits the voyage screen. The better choice is to sit on that galaxy map and keep entering and exiting voyage. Best choice, is just recall voyage and give up on trying to use all the AM,
  • Katla wrote: »

dpuwxt7y6um1.png
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Katla wrote: »

dpuwxt7y6um1.png

You're not forced to use them when you have them? What am I missing?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

dpuwxt7y6um1.png

You're not missing anything. Once you've claimed them from the threshold rewards (or, in some cases, in-game mails), you have to use them the next time you run out of Antimatter. I think ZAPP just misunderstood your question.

• Data1001 wrote: »

dpuwxt7y6um1.png

You're not missing anything. Once you've claimed them from the threshold rewards (or, in some cases, in-game mails), you have to use them the next time you run out of Antimatter. I think ZAPP just misunderstood your question.

Not really. No you're not forced to use them. You always have the option to just abandon the voyage. I wouldn't waste one to revive a garbage voyage. Only time I would use them is if I'm chasing a particular crew or replicator rations were dropping like crazy.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Not really. No you're not forced to use them. You always have the option to just abandon the voyage.

Well, yes. I thought that part was obvious, so I didn't even bother to mention it. ;)

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started, they said you needed to recall within the last 500 AM to be safe. Now they recommend within the last 200. It **tsk tsk** to be stuck as you were, but it happens. Recall a bit earlier.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

You can keep them by not letting your voyages run out of am which can be tough. A good measure is taking the amount of am you have and dividing it by 22. That is about how much am per minute a voyage approximately takes when you fail every hazard. Then set an alarm on your device to check it a few minutes before you hit that time. If the estimate is that you have 60 minutes of time then check it after 55 min. I try to not use my Voyage Revive tokens defensively (when I forget the voyage and it runs out of am) but I use it offensively (choosing when I want to continue my voyage). The best time when possible to revive a voyage is when it is near a dilemma but will fall a little short. By reviving it then you not only get that dilemma it was short on but often the one after as well. You get two dilemmas for one voyage revive token. For example, if you start your voyage with 2800 am and divide that by 22 you get 127 minutes or 2 hrs and 7 minutes. You can go approximately 2 hrs and 7 minutes while missing every hazard. So if you are within 7 minutes of a dilemma and run out of antimatter a revive should take you to that dilemma plus the dilemma after even if you miss every hazard. If your voyage looks like it will run out at 5 hrs 54 minutes you can choose to let if fail and then revive it with a token and go to 8 hrs thereby getting two dilemmas and the chrons honor and crew that come with them for the price of one voyage revive token.
    Let’s fly!
  • Sorry dude but this
    Why did you not call it back with 90 AM, what did you want to achieve? Getting another 15 chrons or 500 credits?

You gambled, you lost - thats all.

My thoughts exactly. If I can't keep my eye on the voyage during the last 200 AM I'll just recall it. I don't want to chance a text or phone call kicking me out of the game then having to deal with it reloading and all that good stuff. Every once in a while the game will simply just not really load it'll just be the title screen but not loading/logging on I have to hard close the app a few times in order for it to get going.
  • Sorry dude but this
    Why did you not call it back with 90 AM, what did you want to achieve? Getting another 15 chrons or 500 credits?

My thoughts exactly. If I can't keep my eye on the voyage during the last 200 AM I'll just recall it. I don't want to chance a text or phone call kicking me out of the game then having to deal with it reloading and all that good stuff. Every once in a while the game will simply just not really load it'll just be the title screen but not loading/logging on I have to hard close the app a few times in order for it to get going.

I'm not using phone to play this game.
  • edited February 2019
    is probably u stay on voyage afther time is some lag apear and u need before watching Ad leave voyage screen and return to see how many antimater left happen to me if stay long time on the voyage screen

In this case leaving voyage screen and returning to it will result in the same consequence - lost voyage.
  • edited February 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »
    The moral of the story: if you are watching a voyage and it is near or under 100 anti-matter, do nothing else until it is recalled. It is not always wise to get greedy and wait until the very end to recall.

That's my point. It wasn't VERY end. DB gave me wrong information and not the first time...

Why 100? Why not 500? Why not 1000?
  • Why did you not call it back with 90 AM, what did you want to achieve? Getting another 15 chrons or 500 credits?

or maybe another voyage threshold, 75 chronitons and purple character? That's the problem. It wasn't gambling. According to the given information I had more than enough time to watch this ad. DB gave me wrong information and not the first time...
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is deceptive and that fact it's still not fixed is definitely costing DB revenue from the disgruntled masses

The lag is on the internet connection, not in the game. It's not something that DB can fix.
    The only way to avoid game lags like this are to either play an offline game, or connect to a high bandwidth fibre optic cable with an infinitesimally small ping time.
  • edited February 2019
    The moral of the story: if you are watching a voyage and it is near or under 100 anti-matter, do nothing else until it is recalled. It is not always wise to get greedy and wait until the very end to recall.

That's my point. It wasn't VERY end. DB gave me wrong information and not the first time...

You missed my point. If you were planning to leave the screen with 90 AM left, you should have recalled your voyage first.

Again, why? I had information displayed on my screen. There was more than enough time to watch this ad. Following your logic I should recall my voyage just after I started it. Are you trying to say to me I should double check every information DB displays to me? Are you trying to say to me I should treat all displayed info as misinformation? I guess I should start to question numbers displayed in Gauntlet as well. ;)
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    II

You missed my point. If you were planning to leave the screen with 90 AM left, you should have recalled your voyage first.

Again, why? I had information displayed on my screen. There was more than enough time to watch this ad. Following your logic I should recall my voyage just after I started it. Are you trying to say to me I should double check every information DB displays to me? Are you trying to say to me I should treat all displayed info as misinformation? I guess I should start to question numbers displayed in Gauntlet as well. ;)

I see it has been advised that the lag is due to internet connection and is beyond DB control.....I don’t know if that’s the case as I am not tech savvy, but I can suggest that you are taking this issue way too seriously. If this is causing you so much grief why would you continue to play the game?
  • II

I can suggest that you are taking this issue way too seriously. If this is causing you so much grief why would you continue to play the game?

Why the idea?
  • Thorozar wrote: »
    Why were you so worried about the ad? Couldn't you have waited a minute or 2 to play the ad and make sure your voyage was ok? Seems the voyage is more important than the ad.

I could handle this situation in many ways. That's not the point. :)
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These websites can help explain things and help minimize further problems.
    https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/how-to-lower-ping-3609346/
    https://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/guides/5-steps-to-reducing-lag-and-increase-your-internet-speed-for-gaming/
    https://www.wikihow.com/Minimize-Lag-While-Gaming-Online

As for why you recall when you have low antimatter... The game lag can cause a false reading on your screen and your device may take a few seconds to catch up and give you the correct reading. The antimatter had probably already run out when you saw it at 90, recalling before the game had caught up with the lag would have saved your voyage.