Home Engineering Room

Notifications not always working right

<TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Engineering Room
The notifications for this game aren't very good.

I just now got a notification that I had unclaimed event rewards. The event ended a little over 8 hours ago and I claimed them as soon as it was over. My Pike is already fully leveled and everything.

Also, at least one in three "Chrons have recharged" notifications aren't accurate. More often my chrons will only be half full.

Further, Voyage notifications just seem to randomly not work. I'll be expecting a Dilemma notification and only realize three hours later that it didn't come so I've wasted all that time, or worse, expecting a "low antimatter" warning which never comes. It's not device settings since this happens across all of my devices, iOS and Android alike. The only notifications that seem to always work are Shuttles returning. I never fail to get spammed with four notifications every three hours when I just want to finish the last 10 minutes of my Netflix show.

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve gotten the “unclaimed rewards” notification twice in the last three or maybe four weeks, minutes to hours after claiming rewards. My guess is that the app was open in the background without being reloaded by the time the notification went out and that a bit wasn’t flipped when I hit Claim Rewards.

I’m not sure if I am not noticing voyage notification problems or if they’re not happening to me. Dilemma notifications seem fine. Recent times where a voyage has run out of AM, I didn’t have a chance for a timely login anyway so I don’t know how much of the issue is notification delay or me just being too busy. I end up recalling after the 8 hour dilemma often times just in case I don’t see whatever notifications may pop up.

You’re right about the shuttle notifications - they work perfectly every single time.
  • @@ ✭✭
    The new update seems to have improved this. I get voyage notification sounds, now, at least sometimes. It uses system default, apparently. (I had asked what they sound like.) I get more notifications, too. The previous update might have improved it a little, but this last one was more noticeable for me.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Notification sounds? I've never had sounds from notifications with this game.

And it's still pretty bad. After the last event I got the unclaimed rewards notification several times over this past week. Voyages still explode without low antimatter warnings. I get Chrons Recharged messages when I'm clearly half full.
  • tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    unclaimed chrons happend to me today, but fixed after a restart. so just sounding it that there might just be a glitch somewhere in the code
  • wfgwfg ✭✭
    I've had to abandon 3 voyages in a row because the low antimatter notification never pushed, which is especially crappy during a galaxy even when I need those chrons.
  • Notifications never work. The most reliable ones seem to be for completed faction missions, but everything else is not functional. Late or never seems to be the status quo.