Home The Bridge

Number of players

I am wondering if DB is giving out more rewards ie Dilithium, a 1/5 at 1500 etc because the number of players has significantly decreased in the last few months. I have been tracking the Arena divisions and the top 1 percent keeps getting lower and lower. When I first got to Captain top 1% was 1200 and its now 796. Similar results have occured for Admiral.

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it has to do with the battle arena offering a terrible excuse for a reward. The time it takes to play any battles is simply not worth the effort.

I only do my 5 matches for dailies now.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only do my 5 matches for dailies now.

Same. I can use the Admiral schems this month so my 5 battles usually take place there, Commander & Captain each get one battle every week or so to keep from going unranked.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes arena is not a good measure. Some months have ships many people already have fully lvled then people dont do anything.
    Let’s fly!
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't top 1% value based on overall participation? If that value is falling, it means the overall value is lower. I doubt players are completely dropping out of divisions because it would mean having to restart and get lower schematics quantities that you actually want when they show up. That's a poor strategy which I find odd when you only need to run one mission a week.

I would guess overall numbers are down but many people have multiple accounts and they are trying to hold onto that dedicated player base which is more competitive for top 1500 if 500 dedicated players are running two accounts at a high level. Hence events are now more gruelling and more pay to win because it is that dedicated portion which DB is trying to engage if numbers are down.
  • best way to check event participation is probably check your fleet for the lowest ranked in last event. That way you can see where the bottom is. I see a 52,000 ish
  • The lowest in my fleet is 52,695, so my guess would be closer to 57,000.
  • Lowest rank (in our retirement) fleet during the past 10 events was rank 67,949 during the faction "A New Lease". So my guess would be about 60k players that sign in more than once or twice a week.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Well, the game is 3 years old. At some point it'll stop growing. But Arena stats aren't the greatest at monitoring that.

Besides, who plays arena much after you've maxed all the basic ships? I run the 5-a-day Admirals and one Captain every 10 days or so, just in case a ship reward comes up there that I need. I think that's a fairly common thing for any established player. Over time the pool gets smaller, even if the game continues growing (albeit at a slower pace).
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    if you play arena at all you will have a rank, only after 14 days of idling do you lose it. Currently there is 105k ranked players in Commander, 79k in Captain and 96k in Admiral. I remember having done estimates earlier (when the game didnt show the full 100%) of something like 130k to 140k players in each. but yeah the rewards are a bit meh once you have handfull of ships maxed and if people concentrate their dailies into different divisions and dont care about the rest, the numbers will be off...
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Arena is better than events to determine player participation. People will take events off. But, getting your daily requires arena battles. Further, if you participate, before being kicked down in arena, you are noted as participating.

The real question how many have given up with a division after being kicked down. However, since daily achievements require 5 arena battles, you have to keep battling in some division. And since all divisions have less participation, there has to be a decline in playing. Really may mean people are not playing every week let alone every day.

Edit: if one is participating in event they are most likely going to get their daily achievements. Therefore, arena is the better representation of player numbers.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    The booting out of the arena is somewhat random too. I've one fleet mate who hasn't done a commander division battle in months and is still in. I got kicked out after winning a battle the day before and gave up, why do I need 5 or 10 blue schematics, those are like blue trainers.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to only do the Admiral division these days and then I rarely hit my 5 for the dailies. I can live without the daily 200 honour for the sake of my sanity as I make more than that air-locking merit/credit reward crew.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • The booting out of the arena is somewhat random too. I've one fleet mate who hasn't done a commander division battle in months and is still in. I got kicked out after winning a battle the day before and gave up, why do I need 5 or 10 blue schematics, those are like blue trainers.

I share that experience, I have not done a commander division battle since the warpable cadets were introduced. I'm betting if someone else fights your ship you end up staying in, though you did not initiate the fight.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The booting out of the arena is somewhat random too. I've one fleet mate who hasn't done a commander division battle in months and is still in. I got kicked out after winning a battle the day before and gave up, why do I need 5 or 10 blue schematics, those are like blue trainers.

I go booted down once. I thought I had battled within a weeks time. But could not remember for sure.

I battled my way back up. I swear I will never do that again. If I ever get booted down that is it for that division. If it happened in all three, I will just get 5 losses for my daily in.