Home The Bridge

First time this happened

ga6jk2xwyk7y.png
Never had two beholds before and both with crew I didn’t have. Very nice surprise. The other choices were crew I had one star on and I always choose ones I don’t have for future collections.
Fleet= Quarks Holosuite

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    ga6jk2xwyk7y.png
    Never had two beholds before and both with crew I didn’t have. Very nice surprise. The other choices were crew I had one star on and I always choose ones I don’t have for future collections.

You will run out of room if you keep going with that strategy. You're also nerfing your own existing crew by not improving them.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ga6jk2xwyk7y.png

You will run out of room if you keep going with that strategy. You're also nerfing your own existing crew by not improving them.

Agreed...trying to fill existing collections isn’t a bad plan (particularly for increasing skill bonusss) but trying to guess at future collections is a dangerous game to play. Unless personal preference, power creeped stats, or a rare skill combination dictate otherwise, adding additional stars is the better way to go. Especially for those two - as much as I like my Mirror Bashir he only ever got occasional voyage and gauntlet use at 1/5* and Portal 63, though fun in that TNG episode, is rather weak until cited to 4/5* or so.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I have plenty of room in my crew as my playing time has cut way back and I don’t buy dil. I don’t do much with the events anymore either. Mainly I work on vaulting crew, daily missions and voyages. I don’t mind having a bunch of one star fives and I will add stars if I like the character. The Bashir begold was the only one where the choices were three fives I didn’t have. I don’t remember the other two but they were ones I didn’t care for very much. I was just amazed at getting two begolds in the same pull, I feel good to get one but two was sweet.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I always thought beholds were sorted to the end, and if you got a purple first you were not getting any.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Thorozar wrote: »
    I always thought beholds were sorted to the end, and if you got a purple first you were not getting any.

It's different for event/themed packs. Beholds can occur wherever and whenever, which is actually exciting. The only thing is that the guaranteed crew is always first or last.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

That is the way it is in premium packs. But not event packs. I do not do Tuesday packs enough to know about them.

Edit: the one you commented on was an event pack.
    Edit2: I t could be today's Tuesday pack?
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification, I've never pulled event packs since my dil goes for slot sales. Great pulls!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the clarification, I've never pulled event packs since my dil goes for slot sales. Great pulls!

I might be wrong it could be the Tuesday pack. I know I saw the event pack with Keras up yesterday. But, it is down today.

Edit: I did not realize the Tuesday pack had Keras in it. But I did see the event pack with Keras in it yesterday.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    ga6jk2xwyk7y.png
    Was that the event pack (? Fire with Fire?) or "we need to talk" Tuesday pack.

Edit:
    Thanks for answer. Now I also know Tuesday packs mechanics work the same as event packs. That is, a straight drop of superrare first does not mean you cannot get later beholds either superrare or legendary.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    ga6jk2xwyk7y.png
    Was that the event pack (? Fire with Fire?) or "we need to talk" Tuesday pack.

"We need to talk" pack. Commander Keras is part of that pack.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    It was the “we need to talk pack”; I actually was rolling the dice because I had the fours already. I liked the Sisko and pulled one to try for him, but instead got two fives I didn’t have. I haven’t done an event pack in quite a while and unless it’s a situation like his one where I’m intrigued with one of the crew I don’t even attempt the pulls if I have the fours. Luck was with me that day!
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    ga6jk2xwyk7y.png

I totally disagree. Its really disappointing when you get a 5* behold and have all F/F. Building crew evenly, or choosing a new crew that you wanted and didn't have is what i would have done. This game is a long term marathon. Not a sprint. You can make room by freezing anyone 4* or less not needed.
  • [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    ga6jk2xwyk7y.png

I always go for the next * on existing crew. I hate having a billion 1* purples with limited crew slots.