Home Make It So!
Options

If there were fleet ranks in events, what reward would you like?

If there were fleet ranks in events, what reward would you like? 20 votes

Honor
40%
AggekobaOdo MarmarosaGib - Admiral MarinersDavideBooksDirk Gunderson[SJ] Yorkster[DSEF] Thyr 8 votes
Merits
0%
Portal pulls
40%
Commander SinclairSvenLundgren[IPA] MarkasavengerIronagedaveEmperor Borg Drone (SC)ProontCaolanG 8 votes
Dilithium
5%
Commander Shran 1 vote
Event Crew
10%
[KSS] Legate Rolyat(UFP) Garak Ziyal 2 votes
Credits/Training
0%
Replicator rations
0%
Other (Please Specify
5%
CSR _Waylander 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Portal pulls
    I chose portal pulls, because they have some use for everyone (even if it's just for the honor).

Honor will probably be the most popular choice, but if they really introduced that as a fleet reward, fleets like mine would be in a difficult situation.
    We would either have to remove decent players who don't care much about events and try to recruit lots of competitive ones or all the competitive ones would leave for a better fleet.

Given how difficult it is to recruit players and how bad the invite and chat features work, I hope they won't add fleet rewards that actually make a significant difference, especially as long as squadron rewards are basically useless for everyone.
  • Options
    Portal pulls
    I chose portal pulls as well for your original reason EBD. It is useful to all levels of players in my fleet.

However, I think the results of having fleet rewards would depend on the underlying nature of a fleet. There are the premier fleets that strive to be top 10 or 20 for every event, recruiting for that level of play. I honestly can't imagine my senior members leaving just for fleet rewards, nor booting my lower level players to make room for others who will boost our fleet score. I think creating a comfortable home for players, generating fleet loyalty, would beat out any fleet reward.

I agree with you around the issues of difficulty recruiting. Don't get me started... ;)
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    Portal pulls
    I chose portal pulls as well for your original reason EBD. It is useful to all levels of players in my fleet.

However, I think the results of having fleet rewards would depend on the underlying nature of a fleet. There are the premier fleets that strive to be top 10 or 20 for every event, recruiting for that level of play. I honestly can't imagine my senior members leaving just for fleet rewards, nor booting my lower level players to make room for others who will boost our fleet score. I think creating a comfortable home for players, generating fleet loyalty, would beat out any fleet reward.

I agree with you around the issues of difficulty recruiting. Don't get me started... ;)

I agree with you, theoretically, but my fleet has a few players who consistently rank around 40.000 and others who consistently go for the ranked reward. So I'm afraid that it could be a problem for us if they added fleet rewards that are "too" good. Or at least it would be one more thing to take into account in an already complex context for fleet management :D
  • Options
    Event Crew
    I chose event crew. With the exception of Galaxy, everyone ends up with a 3/4* crew member, which inevitably winds up sitting there taking up space until a re-run, airlocked, or just forgotten about. I realize that giving out 3 out of four copies is most certainly a profit incentive for STT/DB, but it’s also incredibly frustrating for most players. We spend a lot of money already—can’t there at least be an option to fully-fuse without paying?
  • Options
    Portal pulls
    Portal pulls for sure,
    Because ya neva know!
  • Options
    Other (Please Specify
    MAke them a tier of rewards like solos so they should be multiple ones
    honour
    portal pull
    merits
    Crew