Home Ready Room

Question for the floor about 2* ships?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
So upon looking at my ship collection I noticed something interesting:
a lot of 5* ships still to max, ok that's not so surprising or interesting, they are 5* ships after all
4* ships none left to max
3* ships only 1 left to max
but wait for it....

2* ships left to max total is 4 - it seems strange that a 2* ship has the second highest number to max when it's the second lowest in rarity and the "rarer" 3* or 4* ships are much less of a problem.
Is it just me, or is it because they don't get awarded as arena rewards, or don't drop enough in basic packs perhaps?

Should this be remedied and how?
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my 2*s are maxed. So I'm not sure where the difference lies. I presume one of your incompletes is the Valdore-type? I've not seen that drop anywhere. The others I've seen here and there.

My only non-5* remaining unfinished is the 3* Breen Warship. But those are finally dropping in the daily rewards.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand that. It took almost three years but I did eventually finish the Jem’Hadar fighter...as for the newer 2* ships:

-Hirogen Hunter Ship, level 5/7 at 70/100 schematics
    -Valdore-type warbird, level 4/7 at 55/65 schematics
    -Jem’Hadar Battleship, level 3/7 at 15/35 schematics
    -Borg sphere, level 6/7 at 5/120 schematics
    -Miranda-class, complete
    -Suurok-class, complete
    -3* Breen Warship, level 3/8 at 70/150 schematics

I’ve finished every other ship up through 4*, even those released well after launch like the NX-class and K’Tinga-class. If the schematics for the above ships aren’t in the monthly rewards, they trickle in incredibly slowly...pretty much only through basic 10-packs (or those horrid Skirmish event schematics packs) after their event is over. It really shouldn’t take however long it has been to level these up, given their “rarity.”
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Yeah ... have the same thing ...

- Borg Sphere 6/7 ... a measly 5 schematics off from completion ... 115/120 EDIT: recently maxed.
    - Hirogen Hunter Ship 6/7 ... 115 off ... 5/120.
    - Jem'Hadar Battleship 3/7 ... 15/35.
    - Romulan Valdore-type Warbird 4/7 ... 55/65.

- Breen Warship 3/8.

- I.S.S. Avenger 8/9 ... 500 off.

- 5* ships ... 17 not maxed.

It really has to do that they switched out the 2* ship schematic rewards ... They used to be in the Arena Commander division except for the top section ... which, funny enough, meant I was always trying to remain in the second tier ... they also got replaced in the daily log in rewards for a 3* ship.

Personally, I liked it that they gave you the option in the Commander division to do your best for 3* schematics or a touch less for 2* schematics ... I kinda wish they'd bring that back ... 3* ships are kinda useless ... especially be cause they don't have a max ships achievement (hint, hint).
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirogen Hunter 0/7 yikes
    Jem Hadar Battleship 5/7
    Romulan Valdore Type 4/7
    Breen Warship 3/8
    Borg Sphere 5/7

quite a few 5* and a couple 4* too.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Par for the course:

Borg Sphere 5/7, 50/100 schm
    Hirogen Hunter Ship 0/7, 45/75 schm
    Jem Hadar Battleship 3/7, 15/35 schm
    Romulan Valdore Type 4/7, 55/65 schm

happy hunting
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for posting for completeness here are the state of my 2* ships

Borg Sphere 5/7 65/160
    Hirogen Hunter Ship 2/7 0/20
    Jem'Hadar Battleship 3/7 15/35
    Valdore Type Warbird 4/7 55/65
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Probably the best place for 1*/2* Schemes to drop is the Basic Portal. I get them pretty often in 10s and 15s while using Free Ten Pulls for Daily Portal Chore.

I can't look right now to check incompletes because I am part of the outage.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the 2* ships only drop their schematics from Basic Portal pulls, and they're not common. Until DB adds a collection for ships, I'm not too concerned.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand that. It took almost three years but I did eventually finish the Jem’Hadar fighter...as for the newer 2* ships:

-Hirogen Hunter Ship, level 5/7 at 70/100 schematics
    -Valdore-type warbird, level 4/7 at 55/65 schematics
    -Jem’Hadar Battleship, level 3/7 at 15/35 schematics
    -Borg sphere, level 6/7 at 5/120 schematics
    -Miranda-class, complete
    -Suurok-class, complete
    -3* Breen Warship, level 3/8 at 70/150 schematics

I’ve finished every other ship up through 4*, even those released well after launch like the NX-class and K’Tinga-class. If the schematics for the above ships aren’t in the monthly rewards, they trickle in incredibly slowly...pretty much only through basic 10-packs (or those horrid Skirmish event schematics packs) after their event is over. It really shouldn’t take however long it has been to level these up, given their “rarity.”

In nearly a month, having purchased on average two or three basic 10-pulls a day (more during the recent event), this is all the progress I have made:

-75 more Borg Sphere schematics (still at 6/7)
    -3* Breen Warship now at level 4, 50/200 schematics
    -Hirogen Hunter Ship now at level 6, 0/120 schematics

That’s it.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    good tracking Dirk,
    I've had a look at my spreadsheet sometimes it helps not to keep it as updated as it should:
    Borg Sphere, JemHadar Battleship and Valdore remain unchanged and

I have added a grand total of 15 Hirogen schematics, I've made the odd basic purchase but mainly claimed through the ones earned. My credit situation is still quite erratic sometimes but it's now quite healthy again.

Breen ship 3* is the biggest mover but that's not surprising due to the dailies and it sometimes dropping in the premium portal.

On a side note, what with campaigns now being released/in beta, then perhaps they could be routinely or sporadically be awarded at one of the low tiers?