Home Make It So!
Options

Myceliar Culber

SPOILER

When I saw Dr. Culber killing mushrooms in the network I realized Myceliar Culber would be a perfect character for a card with SEC primary and MED secondary. I think this is the rarest combination of skills in the game (even more rarest than MED+ENG and ENG+MED). I have so far only two purple/gold characters with SEC+MED skill: Gladiator McCoy and Rakal Troi
Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    As primary/secondary skills (so, not counting Prisoner Cornwell or Darth Bashir and their tertiary SEC skill), there are a couple extra MED/SEC crew beyond Gladiator McCoy (Rakal Troi’s MED is actually her tertiary skill):

-Warship EMA
    -Mirror Phlox
    -Merry Men Crusher
    -Assimilated Troi
    -Combat Medic Paris
    -RAF Bashir
    -Doctor La Forge
    -Dr Crusher
    -Changeling Bashir

I am sure there are some more (and more yet with either skill as a tertiary), these are just the ones either in the freezer or on my active crew. MED/ENG as primary/secondary skills yield the following:

-Rianna Mayweather

That’s it. I checked the crew I don’t have and none of them have those two skills as primary/secondary in either order. Almost all that have both skills have MED as a tertiary with SCI as the primary or secondary skill. A few (Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, Doctor La Forge) have SEC instead of SCI and I think someone has DIP.

While we’re at it, MED/COM is another tough one for primary/secondary skills:

-Tieran-Possessed Kes
    -Reverend Phlox
    -Bridge Officer Troi
    -Command Hologram
    -Captain Beverly Crusher

All that being said, I don’t think too many people would turn their nose up at more MED/SEC crew.

Edit: forgot Cap’n Bev for MED/COM
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    As primary/secondary skills (so, not counting Prisoner Cornwell or Darth Bashir and their tertiary SEC skill), there are a couple extra MED/SEC crew beyond Gladiator McCoy (Rakal Troi’s MED is actually her tertiary skill):

-Warship EMA
    -Mirror Phlox
    -Merry Men Crusher
    -Assimilated Troi
    -Combat Medic Paris
    -RAF Bashir
    -Doctor La Forge
    -Dr Crusher
    -Changeling Bashir

I was talking specifically about characters with SEC skill as primary and MED skill as secondary or tertiary. From your list only Merry Men Crusher qualifies (I dont have her. Yet.)

I equip shuttles with AND seats with crew with first skill as primary. I know there is (or was?) a BUG (never officially admitted, but statistically undoubtfully proved), where shuttles tend to fail when this skills was changed. Therefore I'm considering this specific combination od skills.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »

-Warship EMA
    -Mirror Phlox
    -Merry Men Crusher
    -Assimilated Troi
    -Combat Medic Paris
    -RAF Bashir
    -Doctor La Forge
    -Dr Crusher
    -Changeling Bashir

I was talking specifically about characters with SEC skill as primary and MED skill as secondary or tertiary. From your list only Merry Men Crusher qualifies (I dont have her. Yet.)

I equip shuttles with AND seats with crew with first skill as primary. I know there is (or was?) a BUG (never officially admitted, but statistically undoubtfully proved), where shuttles tend to fail when this skills was changed. Therefore I'm considering this specific combination od skills.

I also load shuttles that way. While the bug is believed to have been successfully stealth-fixed, I continue to do this as a matter of principle until an announcement is made.

Someone a couple of months back posted the rates at which each possible single-skill slot, AND slot (in both orders), and OR slot shows up...I wish I could find it, but if memory serves the number of SEC/MED slots on shuttles is incredibly small. That was posted before the Borg faction missions were released, of course, but even if there is one I am forgetting we’re then up to a still very small number of slots requiring those skills in that order. And even then, a sufficiently strong SEC-primary without MED can still get the job done.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I'm going to hijack your thread to complain about this. My biggest gripe with ST: Discovery is that it seems to be more fantasy than science-fiction at times.

So you're telling me after Culber died, Stamets kissed him and his "energy" went to the mycelial network, right? So what, the "energy" created a body for itself out of whatever "stuff" is lying around in there?

If that's the case, why did they attack it? It wasn't a foreign body if it was created from their material.

And then they were able to make him a new body out of the organic material harvested from, what, exactly? Tilly's cocoon? None of this makes a lick of sense.

Meanwhile HOW exactly were they breathing in the mycelial space? This is fantasy.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    So what, the "energy" created a body for itself out of whatever "stuff" is lying around in there?

"There is sometnihg greater than us." :D:D
    I understand you - S02E05 was for me the worst episode from the entire ST:DIS series.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I'm going to hijack your thread to complain about this. My biggest gripe with ST: Discovery is that it seems to be more fantasy than science-fiction at times.

So you're telling me after Culber died, Stamets kissed him and his "energy" went to the mycelial network, right? So what, the "energy" created a body for itself out of whatever "stuff" is lying around in there?

If that's the case, why did they attack it? It wasn't a foreign body if it was created from their material.

And then they were able to make him a new body out of the organic material harvested from, what, exactly? Tilly's cocoon? None of this makes a lick of sense.

Meanwhile HOW exactly were they breathing in the mycelial space? This is fantasy.

Yup, completely nonsensical. They should go back to doing stories on the Holodeck which always made complete sense, had perfect explanations for why they didn't just cut the power, and was completely consistent about hologram technology from episode to episode.

latest?cb=20120819163624&path-prefix=en

My favorite line from The Big Goodbye is when Wesley claims that if he doesn't fix the Holodeck correctly, everything inside could just "vanish" - including the four trapped crew! Really? The Holodeck's ability to erase living people must have been fixed in a firmware update, I guess.

And what about the end of All Good Things, when the Pasteur arrives at the correct point in space before the going-backwards-in-time anomaly has been created - but they can't see it? Even though they're at the right point in space, and back in time from when it was created?

Why didn't phase-shifted La Forge and Ro fall through the floor in "The Next Phase"? How could they breathe? If light was passing through them, how could they see each other?!

Complete fantasy. This is my biggest problem with TNG and all subsequent Star Trek. These plot holes don't make a lick of sense! Why couldn't those shows be more like TOS? 79 episodes, 6 movies, and not one single plot hole to be found. o:)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    PenguinJim wrote: »

Yup, completely nonsensical. They should go back to doing stories on the Holodeck which always made complete sense, had perfect explanations for why they didn't just cut the power, and was completely consistent about hologram technology from episode to episode.

My favorite line from The Big Goodbye is when Wesley claims that if he doesn't fix the Holodeck correctly, everything inside could just "vanish" - including the four trapped crew! Really? The Holodeck's ability to erase living people must have been fixed in a firmware update, I guess.

And what about the end of All Good Things, when the Pasteur arrives at the correct point in space before the going-backwards-in-time anomaly has been created - but they can't see it? Even though they're at the right point in space, and back in time from when it was created?

Why didn't phase-shifted La Forge and Ro fall through the floor in "The Next Phase"? How could they breathe? If light was passing through them, how could they see each other?!

Complete fantasy. This is my biggest problem with TNG and all subsequent Star Trek. These plot holes don't make a lick of sense! Why couldn't those shows be more like TOS? 79 episodes, 6 movies, and not one single plot hole to be found. o:)

Lack of understanding physics is one thing. Completely disregarding realism in favor of Star Wars level nonsense? That's science fantasy.
  • Options

Lack of understanding physics is one thing. Completely disregarding realism in favor of Star Wars level nonsense? That's science fantasy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStkS3RCzoklw16836cKoTM85-Fl0YJJfOnESDgznQgsSx1tI5-eA

"This isn't reality.. this is fantasy."

Quite an appropriate line for Uhura considering how Spock was brought back to life in that movie, after downloading a copy of his brain into McCoy, then having his body reanimated by a magical new planet. Fantastical stuff indeed. >:)

(That's the movie Star Trek III, by the way, in case you haven't seen it.)

• Options
    When The Orville is more "Star Trek" Than Star Trek, we've got problems.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    And here we come back to idea of Myceliar Culber with SEC+MED skills. B)

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    koba wrote: »
    SPOILER

When I saw Dr. Culber killing mushrooms in the network I realized Myceliar Culber would be a perfect character for a card with SEC primary and MED secondary. I think this is the rarest combination of skills in the game (even more rarest than MED+ENG and ENG+MED). I have so far only two purple/gold characters with SEC+MED skill: Gladiator McCoy and Rakal Troi

For a series with less than two full seasons, I wish we could pump the breaks on all of these Discovery characters. Personally (and I know I don’t speak only for myself), I don’t even like the show. :neutral:
  • Options

Thank you! :smiley: ~laughs
  • Options

Quite an appropriate line for Uhura considering how Spock was brought back to life in that movie, after downloading a copy of his brain into McCoy, then having his body reanimated by a magical new planet. Fantastical stuff indeed.

I think the Vulcan Katra is pretty well-established canon, as are mind-melds and Vulcan telepathy. They at least had the mind to say the procedure hadn’t been done in centuries or millennia (can’t recall which). That was also one movie, not a canon-altering series with the showrunner that wrote and subsequently destroyed the reboot series. And turned Klingons into bald orcs. And introduced a war that was never mentioned between the Klingons and the Federation. And introduced the Mirror Universe a few years before it had never been discovered before. And introduced a paradigm-altering propulsion system that mysteriously disappears before TOS only to never be spoken of again (but happened to be a major plot line in an indie video game, whose characters bore a striking resemblence to Discovery characters). And the sudden forgiveness and redemption of the main character that’s convicted of treason? The show runner that said we wouldn’t see Spock? Guess who’s here in Season 2? Kurtzman derailed the Paramount Star Trek franchise reboot movies, and now his disregard of five previous series and 50 years of canon will likely do the same to CBS Stat Trek — it’s certainly opened a rift between a whole lot of fans.

ST III may have not been the best movie, but it at least it mostly made sense in the context of the Genesis Planet and Vulcan telepathy (in a not-so-great way). It was also adding to canon, not altering/detracting from it by means of a prequel series. Lastly, it was afterall, one movie.
  • Options

Quite an appropriate line for Uhura considering how Spock was brought back to life in that movie, after downloading a copy of his brain into McCoy, then having his body reanimated by a magical new planet. Fantastical stuff indeed.

I think the Vulcan Katra is pretty well-established canon, as are mind-melds and Vulcan telepathy. They at least had the mind to say the procedure hadn’t been done in centuries or millennia (can’t recall which). That was also one movie, not a canon-altering series with the showrunner that wrote and subsequently destroyed the reboot series. And turned Klingons into bald orcs. And introduced a war that was never mentioned between the Klingons and the Federation. And introduced the Mirror Universe a few years before it had never been discovered before. And introduced a paradigm-altering propulsion system that mysteriously disappears before TOS only to never be spoken of again (but happened to be a major plot line in an indie video game, whose characters bore a striking resemblence to Discovery characters). And the sudden forgiveness and redemption of the main character that’s convicted of treason? The show runner that said we wouldn’t see Spock? Guess who’s here in Season 2? Kurtzman derailed the Paramount Star Trek franchise reboot movies, and now his disregard of five previous series and 50 years of canon will likely do the same to CBS Stat Trek — it’s certainly opened a rift between a whole lot of fans.

ST III may have not been the best movie, but it at least it mostly made sense in the context of the Genesis Planet and Vulcan telepathy (in a not-so-great way). It was also adding to canon, not altering/detracting from it by means of a prequel series. Lastly, it was afterall, one movie.
    Your comment seems more to be a rant against Discovery, rather than a comment connected with GhostStalker's mistake about fantasy elements being introduced to Star Trek in Discovery.

I chose that quote and its surrounding fantasy elements because it was the most succinct proof to the contrary (and the actual fantasy elements directly span three movies and several TNG episodes (TNG is "The Next Generation", another Star Trek TV show), so not exactly "afterall [sic], one movie"), but fantasy has always been part of Star Trek, going back over the last fifty years. Picard having a magic moment with Anij in Insurrection was complete fantasy. The Nexus in Generations was quite literally a magical fantasy-land. Heck, even Spock feels a disturbance in the Force in the opening of The Motion Picture! And that's just off the top of my head. Sure, you can say, well, this fantasy element makes sense in the context of these other fantasy elements, but then... sorry, what was your point again? o:)

If you just want to talk about how much you hate Discovery... well, that's a different topic, and clearly something that's very close to your heart. On the bright side, though, it's unarguably better than Enterprise. ;)
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, though, it's unarguably better than Enterprise. ;)

“Unarguably better”
    Lol my mere existence must be paradoxical to you then, since here I am, arguing that Discovery is NOT better than Enterprise. At least to me it isn’t. For future reference, you might not want to try and speak for everyone on that matter. It’ll never end up well. Your views are entirely subjective opinions not facts. :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.