Home Engineering Room

Ticketless Cadet Ad Warps not working the same for everyone: which is correct?

[DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Engineering Room
Option 1.

A Ticketless Cadet Ad Warp is available to you every four hours. Once you have used a Ticketless Cadet Ad Warp, the 2x Rewards Ad Warp for a Ticket-Using Cadet Warp is unavailable for the next four hours also.

Screenshot from 4:18 pm. Used Ticketless Cadet Ad Warp immediately afterward.

e7ljj9gcq7ez.png

Screenshot from 4:49 pm. 2x Rewards Ad Warp is not available. And will continue to not be for the next 3.5 hours.

o00zyvihdnrw.png

Option 2.

A Ticketless Cadet Ad Warp is available to you every four hours. Once you have used a Ticketless Cadet Ad Warp, the 2x Rewards Ad Warp for a Ticket-Using Cadet Warp is available after the standard delay of about 20 minutes.

Apparently the former, which up until today I thought was the bugged state Ad Warps were in for everyone in the game after DB made it so you could only do Ticketless Cadet Ad Warps every four hours, does not actually affect all players. Not cool in either case, but having 2x Rewards Ad Warps more available for some players than others is fundamentally unfair.

Was asked in Discord if the 2x Rewards Ad Warps option shows up properly with other theoretical uses, like a second helping of the happy hour chrons, or a single basic mission, and the answer is yes to both.

Comments

• AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    2x rewards for cadets have always been 1 hour apart, not 20 minutes. I've consistently been able to do the normal ad warp of a cadet every 4 hours as well as ad double every hour.
  • No problems here either, you are aware of that the 2x reward button will appear when you have played ( warped ) the mission?
  • I've also notice that after using the Warp 1(watch video) on Cadet mission, I can't get a X2 Rewards video for the next four hours on Cadet missions, but I do get it on regular missions and the 3 daily chrono claims.

Android
  • Ad Warps disappear from my game too
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I am getting part 1 of a 2 part ad for x2 reward but after using up my cadet ticket it won't then give me part 2 of the ad.

So I'm watching part 1 multiple times & getting no part 2 AND NO x2 reward...especially disadvantaging on cadet shuttle boost day.

Waiting an hour for this to repeat is especially infuriating as it keeps trying to show the same fubared ad.

I am out cadet tickets, boosts, time, data minutes all for NOTHING. as i should be getting the extra boosts i would like help expediting a ticket on this
    ~ seeking out new life
  • [SJ] Yorkster[SJ] Yorkster ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The reward double ad only appears on the mission completion screen.

There is a 4 hour timer between ticketless ad warps, and it will not appear within 30 minutes of any other ad.

Here is how it works:

1) Ticket less ad warp: completes the mission without using a ticket
    2) Wait 30 minutes
    3) Warp 1 the cadet mission (or run it normally if you are bored by warping, or haven't unlocked the warp 1 feature for that particular mission)
    4) When it completes the ad warp button appears, you can click on this to double up rewards. This double up ad warp only ever appears on the mission completion screen.

From this point it will take 1 hour for the double rewards ad warp to re-appear and 3.5 hours for the ticketless ad warp to re-appear.

Rinse and repeat.

Edit: typo
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

There is a 4 hour timer between ticketless ad warps, and it will not appear within 30 minutes of any other ad.

Here is how it works:

2) Wait 30 minutes
    3) Warp 1 the cadet mission (or run it normally if you are bored by warping, or haven't unlocked the warp 1 feature for that particular mission)
    4) When it completes the ad warp button appears, you can click on this to double up rewards. This double up ad warp only ever appears on the mission completion screen.

From this point it will take 1 hour for the double rewards ad warp to re-appear and 3.5 hours for the ticketless ad warp to re-appear.

Rinse and repeat.

Agree that's how mine WERE working up til tonight when i got a part 1 ad that refuses to give part 2, is showing the same for every type ad use u listed.

As a game that also sells chrons & boosts for events, when an ad glitches it should default reward to player & move out of the line up. NOT remain as the only ad being offered but unusable to get reward.

Furthermore, in the case of ad not giving reward, it should be aware of this and not start the cooldown since we effectively watched for nothing being made to wait is bad design.

This is especially true for 1hr & 4hr cooldowns, even moreso when having paid $$ for extra cadet tickets. It has the effect of paying x2 as much getting half what should have been the rewards.

As it is i am routinely watching 2-3 ads before getting the x2 rewards to work. This needs fixing
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Capt Ajamm wrote: »

Here is how it works:

2) Wait 30 minutes

Rinse and repeat.

Agree that's how mine WERE working up til tonight when i got a part 1 ad that refuses to give part 2, is showing the same for every type ad use u listed.

As a game that also sells chrons & boosts for events, when an ad glitches it should default reward to player & move out of the line up. NOT remain as the only ad being offered but unusable to get reward.

Furthermore, in the case of ad not giving reward, it should be aware of this and not start the cooldown since we effectively watched for nothing being made to wait is bad design.

This is especially true for 1hr & 4hr cooldowns, even moreso when having paid $$ for extra cadet tickets. It has the effect of paying x2 as much getting half what should have been the rewards.

As it is i am routinely watching 2-3 ads before getting the x2 rewards to work. This needs fixing

Understood. I've seen various post about 2 part ads but I've never had a 2 part ad myself. I am guessing it is a regional thing (I am a UK based player).
  • Never even seen the first screen shot appear in game, I play via Steam - I wondered what this Ad Warp was. Anyone any idea as to why this hasn't happened yet? Cheers.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Adam =BSR= wrote: »
    Never even seen the first screen shot appear in game, I play via Steam - I wondered what this Ad Warp was. Anyone any idea as to why this hasn't happened yet? Cheers.

There are no ads on the Steam version.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.